The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Understanding of scaling

mikejezz
mikejezz
✭✭✭✭
So I know that everything scales in this game, but does that also mean that I will never get stronger?

Mobs and dungeons scales of my character level, but what when I get better gear and CP levels? WIll they still scale after that, or will better gear and higher CP make content easier?

Sometimes when I am in a dungeon theres a level 16 Tank or someone thats level 100ish. Will the level 16 tank be equal to the other one, or will the guy with the highest cp level have an advantage in the dungeons?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that scales in the game is the players. They changed it a while back so that Mobs and dungeons and Trials are constants, they never change how they are. The players however, when they are low level, gets boosted to compensate. This is also what helps us all be on the same instance and map regardless of level. CP and higher leveled gear makes things easier but the only negative things that are effecting low level players is lack of skills. But in group finder dungeons lack of game knowledge is the only thing keeping them from putting out damage, but I have also seen low levels dish out a lot of damage cause they are either old players making a new character or they are just good at figuring stuff out. Eitherway, we scale it stuff, stuff don't scale to us. Hope that helped.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just levels and attributes, but gear and skills that go into your character's power. Sure, you are buffed by the game at lower levels in a diminishing amount as you approach CP160 (most of the buff is gone by the time you gain Champ Ranks). But, if your not wearing decent, not great, just decent gear, the buffs you receive are diminished.

So you do gain a lot of natural strength in that it is not buffed stats as you level, but your overall character power can be similar until you reach CP160 if you maintain gear levels. Although, most of the power buffs between CP10 and CP160 come from the Champ System, so in an essence you are gaining power your self, not from the game's buffs.

Now, once you get over CP160, you do gain power in a linear fashion as you gain Champ Points.

Also, do not over look the skills and more importantly the skill passives you unlock as you gain levels. That is where your real power comes from, not from the stats you have.

So, in essence, leveling is weird between L1 and CP160, but it gets more natural past that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options