The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance Discussion! 4/24/17

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Hey guys, just posted a thread about today's PC maintenance here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/338710/extended-maintenance-on-pc-4-24-17

In short, we ran into an issue and are currently estimating wrapping up around 3pm EDT today (in about 4.5 hours).
    Since the servers were fine at the moment you took them down, the time-honoured "if it ain't broke don't fix it" would seem to ably apply.

In the mainframe world "preventative maintenance" is usually viewed with horror by users, it's the time their nicely running system is taken down by the engineers only to be broken for umpteen hours afterwards .. did ZOS hire some old IBM/Unisys/etc. engineers for their servers?

The server was not fine. There was a error 200 that was causing a lot of problems for lots of people.
    To clarify, the PC/EU server was fine. The PC/NA server hasn't been fine all weekend.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No patch notes ?
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just posted a thread about today's PC maintenance here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/338710/extended-maintenance-on-pc-4-24-17

In short, we ran into an issue and are currently estimating wrapping up around 3pm EDT today (in about 4.5 hours).
    Since the servers were fine at the moment you took them down, the time-honoured "if it ain't broke don't fix it" would seem to ably apply.

In the mainframe world "preventative maintenance" is usually viewed with horror by users, it's the time their nicely running system is taken down by the engineers only to be broken for umpteen hours afterwards .. did ZOS hire some old IBM/Unisys/etc. engineers for their servers?

The server was not fine. There was a error 200 that was causing a lot of problems for lots of people.

think they are using some apple crap server....
    or IBM crap....
    get some decent servers #¤%&/#¤%&/&%
    Edited by Brumme on April 24, 2017 5:49PM
  • Mordite
    Mordite
    ✭✭
    Well, if "some apple crap server's" command prompt has the same horrid spell checking as their mobile devices do, I can see how that would add 7 hours to a 15 minute maintenance period.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Insandros wrote: »
    Brumme wrote: »
    why cant they do maintenance at night , when most players are offline.

You can't please EU and US :) Take it the good side, it leave you time to do chores you can't when game is online :P

Most games do the maintenance at different times per region.

Hell, even WoW has separate maintenance for the Aussie servers.
    They did, and then people complained NA players would have a headstart on EU players in terms of "first clears"...

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No patch notes ?

There are a couple small fixes; we'll publish the patch notes very soon. Just waiting to get the all-clear from QA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    18.gif
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    Cambruin wrote: »
    Guess I can quote myself yet again;
    This is how many times in a row now? Come on guys, you're doing a great job as far as I'm concerned, but these maintenances -which are supposed to be just that; maintenance- shouldn't take this long. Sure something can go wrong, but for something that should be routine, just how often can it go thís wrong?

How many more years do you think you'll need to finally figure it out? Maintenances here are going wrong far too often for way too long.

With a consistent pattern of patches that launch with bugs in them and maintenance going over schedule, it is reasonable to assume that the resources allocated to these things are insufficient. Quite likely the teams responsible are understaffed, over-worked and on a budget that doesn't even begin to cover the cost of what they really need to do.

I'm glad I'm not working as a maintenance coder or sysadmin at ZOS...
  • Jeshima
    Jeshima
    ✭✭
    No patch notes ?

There are a couple small fixes; we'll publish the patch notes very soon. Just waiting to get the all-clear from QA.

Yay! :):*
  • HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Casterial wrote: »
    Well.. since maintenance's seem forever, what are you all gonna' do during it? Lol, how long do you think this will be? I finished a COA run in 10 minuted due to this making us rush.

Also, I thought there needed to be a positive thread because the negativity in forums is strong with all the people. So lets make it fun!

Update: (so you don't need to read all of this)
    7:32AM edited 7:32AM in Maintenance Announcements
    Staff Post
    Hi everyone,

As you’ve noticed, maintenance for PC NA and EU has gone longer than usual today. We ran into an issue during maintenance, which will take some time to resolve. We’re currently looking at completing maintenance around 3pm EDT. This will not affect the maintenance scheduled for the PTS, which will also have a new incremental patch today.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll provide updates in this thread as we’re able.
    2. Patch is downloading, servers not up(?)

I thought.. humnnn, so painted my font door this afternoon, after that fired up portal2, its still funny (alt tabbing and checking serversystemtjeck 1,2 and 3 about500 times).. I love it when developers improving Eso.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »
    This is how many times in a row now? Come on guys, you're doing a great job as far as I'm concerned, but these maintenances -which are supposed to be just that; maintenance- shouldn't take this long. Sure something can go wrong, but for something that should be routine, just how often can it go thís wrong?

How many more years do you think you'll need to finally figure it out? Maintenances here are going wrong far too often for way too long.

With a consistent pattern of patches that launch with bugs in them and maintenance going over schedule, it is reasonable to assume that the resources allocated to these things are insufficient. Quite likely the teams responsible are understaffed, over-worked and on a budget that doesn't even begin to cover the cost of what they really need to do.

Working in the United States this is the normal thing. We all do the best we can with whats there. If a company can't keep up in the understaffed situations though their customer base shrinks to the point of no return then "poof" they are gone. Hire the Bobs to "evaluate" your productivity and get the synergy flow back in harmony.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »

Working in the United States this is the normal thing. We all do the best we can with whats there. If a company can't keep up in the understaffed situations though their customer base shrinks to the point of no return then "poof" they are gone. Hire the Bobs to "evaluate" your productivity and get the synergy flow back in harmony.

office-space-the-bobs-what-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed @Ackwalan . There was also random lag/ping spikes, long load screens and random crashes. Maintenance was needed, and have ANY of you NEVER had something beyond your control happen at your work? S**t Happens! I'm a Chef in RL, and I am always dealing with unavoidable problems on the fly. Keeping a game of this magnitude up and running is not easy and before any of you respond how wrong I am, go apply for a job with ZoS if you are that knowledgeable.

As far as the QQ'ing over compensation for your downtime and entitlement to a refund, I guess you never read the ToS.
    Here is the link. Go to section 6:
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service
    *Remember South Park when Stan didn't read the ToS?** Lmao!

Who here remembers when there was 2 maintenances a week?? God help these ppl QQ'ing now if they had to put up with that!
    My 2 Drakes! Buck it up! It's a game! I pay for ESO+, subbed since early launch, and been here since beta. I've seen worse than a extended maintenance. Sky IS NOT falling!
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Zoltar
    Zoltar
    So It's a whole day maintenance now! (EU time) server are offline from this morning!
    A one day time refund -for ESO member -would be really appreciate!
    Cheers!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    1nt37n.jpg
    dsazMXB.png
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    Zoltar wrote: »
    So It's a whole day maintenance now! (EU time) server are offline from this morning!
    A one day time refund -for ESO member -would be really appreciate!
    Cheers!

zos never gave anything for free, unlike other games shower you with..well crap mostly, but atleast something when they mess up or performance has been bad a while.
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Mordite
    Mordite
    ✭✭
    Nothing about Error 200?
  • RadRzRg
    RadRzRg
    ✭✭✭
    "The Elder Scrolls Online v2.7.12 is a small incremental patch"
    Pay attention to the part "SMALL"
    LvL50 Stamina Templar(EP)
    LvL50 Stamina Sorcerer(EP)
    LvL50 Magicka Templar(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Dragonknight(EP)
    LvL 50 Stamina Nightblade(AD)
    LvL 50 Magicka Nightblade(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Sorcerer(EP)
    Moved to Vivec
    Proud member of Alith
    Proud member of Streaking Sorcerers
    Proud member of Astrum Tomatoes
    Zergs should be zerged down by 1 man armies
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    I bet group finder bug will be same.
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet Ilthag Ironblood respawned while patching and hacked the darn megaserver apart.
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • captainquentab14_ESO
    captainquentab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I can see that I picked an awful time to try and return to this game. The excitement and thrill of yesterday has been replaced by 'welll, more of that's still here'.
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    12 hours of downtime for THAT little patch ???

omg

if anyone can remember ultima online , when they had a patch, it was only down for 15 min :)
    Edited by Brumme on April 24, 2017 6:24PM
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Will you extend our eso+ subscription for 12 hours pls? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • flunez
    flunez
    Soul Shriven
    12 hours to fix 3 minor bugs, 1 being a typo

double bank space for ESO+ is awesome though
    Edited by flunez on April 24, 2017 6:25PM
  • chenbot
    chenbot
    ✭✭
    tumblr_ooxf3l20Bq1rgkjp5o1_1280.jpg
  • RadRzRg
    RadRzRg
    ✭✭✭

omg

They must have had their reasons. But they could had done the EU and NA maintenances at different times:/
    LvL50 Stamina Templar(EP)
    LvL50 Stamina Sorcerer(EP)
    LvL50 Magicka Templar(EP)
    LvL 50 Stamina Nightblade(AD)
    LvL 50 Magicka Nightblade(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Sorcerer(EP)
    Moved to Vivec
    Proud member of Alith
    Proud member of Streaking Sorcerers
    Proud member of Astrum Tomatoes
    Zergs should be zerged down by 1 man armies
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

omg

No, it's 12 hours of downtime for other issues. See Gina's other posts, and the maintenance post.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    I should go outside.

That burning hole in Aetherius though....
    Did some sunbathing, cleaned the pool, swam. Beautiful day in Mississippi. B)