The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maintenance Discussion! 4/24/17

• Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaah it's still going! I've run out of stuff to do to keep me occupied :s

I need my life back!!! ples let me play!
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever there is a long maintenance they break something new.
    I'm dreading a 7 hour maintenance followed by maintenance of maintenance at this point.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my last chance to play before leaving my computer for a week and maintenance is taking entirely too long. Sitting here F5ing for an hour now.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ZeroSumPhase
    ZeroSumPhase
    ✭✭
    Go play a game where players said, "x, y, and z needs to be fixed", and the developers actually listened.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone complains... but does anyone ever think of the poor hamster!

1nsmbv.jpg
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Everyone complains... but does anyone ever think of the poor hamster!

1nsmbv.jpg

awwwww <3 ESO Hamsters :)
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    The poor hamster with a contract on its head?

Hammy%20Server%20Hamster%20Warrant.png

Come on! Which of you posted the contract?
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Latest Forum message update :pensive:

mediafire.com/view/6izvjxwacg9vflk/Patch.jpg
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Minecraft. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just posted a thread about today's PC maintenance here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/338710/extended-maintenance-on-pc-4-24-17

In short, we ran into an issue and are currently estimating wrapping up around 3pm EDT today (in about 4.5 hours).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    why cant they do maintenance at night , when most players are offline.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno . Time for some sleep I think.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Brugaz
    Brugaz
    ✭✭
    cool
    (PC/EU) - | @Brugaz |
  • Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    Well, at least it's some communication, finally.
  • SamuelMSr
    SamuelMSr
    ✭✭✭
    Brumme wrote: »

They did......it started at 2am and some of us were awake and wanted to play them....
  • RadRzRg
    RadRzRg
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just posted a thread about today's PC maintenance here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/338710/extended-maintenance-on-pc-4-24-17

In short, we ran into an issue and are currently estimating wrapping up around 3pm EDT today (in about 4.5 hours).

4.5 HOURS? Well, time to go adventuring in the outside world.Wish me luck!
    LvL50 Stamina Templar(EP)
    LvL50 Stamina Sorcerer(EP)
    LvL50 Magicka Templar(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Dragonknight(EP)
    LvL 50 Stamina Nightblade(AD)
    LvL 50 Magicka Nightblade(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Sorcerer(EP)
    LvL 50 Magicka Dragonknight(EP)
    Moved to Vivec
    Proud member of Alith
    Proud member of Streaking Sorcerers
    Proud member of Astrum Tomatoes
    Zergs should be zerged down by 1 man armies
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

You can't please EU and US :) Take it the good side, it leave you time to do chores you can't when game is online :P
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RadRzRg wrote: »

4.5 HOURS? Well, time to go adventuring in the outside world.Wish me luck!

May you find sick loot.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SamuelMSr
    SamuelMSr
    ✭✭✭

You can't be serious! That's 11 hours of down time! Absolutely ridiculous!
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What is night to you is not night to the entire globe. :smile:.

Personally I think the maintenance times are very well chosen. At 10am EDT most of the USA will be in work or school and EU will be in work or school also, it's only if maintenance continues like today it affects the majority of the population.

It does get a bit dicey when you involve Oceanic players, but even 10am EDT in Sydney, Australia is midnight there, so they usually wake up when maintenance ends, pretty good!

It's a very good balance that works well across the globe assuming people are in work/school during common times.
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelMSr wrote: »

They did......it started at 2am and some of us were awake and wanted to play them....

who gives a ''**** about US :)
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post the patch notes at least while we wait?
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. 11 hours for weekly maintenance does seem like a lot.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • TempusFugit
    TempusFugit
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update. :)
    PC NA AD/DC/EP

Ash : "Klaatu Barada N... necktie... nectar... nickel... noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!"
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

Appreciated for the feedbacks, thanks. :) Now i have plenty of time to go take a shower, shave, do grocery and visit my son i forgot i had and heard now he's 3 years old now and forgot about when ESO came out. :expressionless:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

9 hour maintenance... At least give us some natch potes to read.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭

7 hours after the maintenance started we get an announcement saying it will take 12 hours.

I'm at a loss for words to describe just how poor that is. Seriously big pats on the back all round, another job well done.
    Edited by egosumacunnus on April 24, 2017 2:43PM
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already 18:00 for me.
    It was started at 11:00 and (probably!) will be finished at 22:00
    Good motivation on continuing my ESO+ membership...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • SamuelMSr
    SamuelMSr
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    It's already 18:00 for me.
    It was started at 11:00 and (probably!) will be finished at 22:00
    Good motivation on continuing my ESO+ membership...

Something tells me they don't give a crap in any way at all about any of us...