Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

How the hell do you make a good-looking female Dunmer?

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy OP.

Click create character, select Dunmer

then select Breton or Imperial.

:trollface:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To ge ready for Morrowind I tried to make a Naryu lookalike last night. I wanted this, but all I got was this! How the hell do you make a good looking female Dunmer? It's impossible, I tell you - I've made supermodel hot Bosmers, Altmers, Nords and Bretons. But Dunmers - nope, they are permanently grouchy and stern looking.

X6QXUJsvGWgxjkjXZaAtZA-1200-80.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    368b5b5fa0b03df2c73a75065e920b.jpg

Make her hair red and job done LoL
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go Orc.. so much more sexy

Waitasecond, you're not the real @Ghettokid!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gE4LCRA.png?1

I'm pretty happy with how my Dunmer turned out. Still need to find her a better outfit though, hoping Morrowind will help me find what I'm looking for! The main issues are the forehead bones and the fact that they seem to have squinty eyes by default. Just change the sliders there and you'll be fine.

Male Dunmer are quite fun to make too, pretty much the only character I can't see myself changing any time soon.

aV4GyUp.jpg?1
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go Orc.. so much more sexy

Waitasecond, you're not the real @Ghettokid!

I don't know who this guys is. I don't know what he wants. But I wil look for him, l will find him. And I will orc him.
    Edited by Ghettokid on April 18, 2017 3:25PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's because the CGI trailers never got elves right. They aren't supposed to look "good", i.e. the Hollywood interpretation of an American high school teenager.

Delte Fyr is the best looking Dunmer you should expect.

MW-npc-Delte_Fyr.jpg

Where do you get the idea that elves aren't supposed to be attractive? Is it an ESO thing, as elves from other traditions from Tolkien to the Sidhe have ALWAYS been beautiful.

Elder Scrolls isn't Lord of the Rings. "Our" elves aren't paragons of beauty.

An argument could be made that Altmer and female Bosmer are especially beautiful compared to other races due to selective breeding (although this hasn't been consistently the case in previous games), but this is certainly not true for Dunmer and Orsimer (yes, Orcs are elves). Their appearance has been metaphysically altered through Daedric intervention, and the Princes are not really known for their knack for aesthetics.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    And my latest:

Q29MLtH.jpg

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    It's not easy! I think the devs must have used their magic wand when they created Naryu. I gave up in the end and just made mine really dark and she, somehow, ended up with shiny skin. Looks like a mannequin. For some reason she often gets mistaken for an NPC and 'attacked' by newer players out of town!

jMwp0O8.png
    Edited by lunawisp on April 22, 2017 6:44AM
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    You don't.

All Dunmers suffer from bat-face.

^ This.right.here.

And eating too many lemons :s
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    gE4LCRA.png?1
    Gorgeous!
    I wonder if dark elves would make good wardens? B)

• Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Ew
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: return to race choice
    Step 2: select Bosmer

Easy.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer are some pretty ugly people. I prefer Altmer for attractive elves. As for humanlike, I'd go with Imperial and then Breton for their good looks. Dunmer are just... Well... Naturally ugly. Even from a lore perspective, they are meant to be ugly (if I remember correctly). It's their 'curse' of sorts.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Dunmer are some pretty ugly people. I prefer Altmer for attractive elves. As for humanlike, I'd go with Imperial and then Breton for their good looks. Dunmer are just... Well... Naturally ugly. Even from a lore perspective, they are meant to be ugly (if I remember correctly). It's their 'curse' of sorts.
    When I tried to make an attractive Imperial, she ended up looking like my Aunt Sadie. Aunt Sadie is not an attractive woman. LOL! :p I've been able to make attractive Bretons and Bosmers, and that's it.

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maximum chin height, minimum chin size.

Spend a lot of time on the triangle, there's a spot on the soft corner where the eyebrows aren't so bad
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start off with bosmer then make dummer. The change race tokens are a broken and you will still retain looks or model of orginial race while adding dummer on top. So start off with something smooth.
    Edited by Tasear on April 23, 2017 10:05AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like so

Wn6cLXl.jpg
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's because the CGI trailers never got elves right. They aren't supposed to look "good", i.e. the Hollywood interpretation of an American high school teenager.

Delte Fyr is the best looking Dunmer you should expect.

MW-npc-Delte_Fyr.jpg

Where do you get the idea that elves aren't supposed to be attractive? Is it an ESO thing, as elves from other traditions from Tolkien to the Sidhe have ALWAYS been beautiful.

Elder Scrolls always took different phiolosophy on that. Elves in this universe aren't supposed to be some elegant, flawless creatures of beauty. They are actually supposed to be alien looking. Not saying they can't be good looking but it's nowhere near being a rule.

Elder Scrolls has it's own unique old school fantasy. And that's also why I love the series so much. No repetitive boring racial stereotypes coming from other "fantasy" works.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 25, 2017 6:26PM
  • CKnight_55
    CKnight_55
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

For my male dunmer I sticked to a red eyed & white haired looks. I spent a while working on the facial features and tried to follow the golden ratio standard for sizes and distances between eyes, mouth, nose and chin. This is what I've gotten so far.

uPGPfbg.jpg
    JU1GHJX.jpg
    ODzA33o.jpg
    nbXc6CL.jpg
    Edited by CKnight_55 on July 14, 2017 10:07AM
  • MrCraks
    MrCraks
    ✭✭
    Here's my Dunmer character. I was going for a Naryu look as well lol

D58KAuk.png
    What is endgame? ERP
    My Nightblade is a Sexual Tyrannasaurus
    ... but my Dragonknight also Ain't-Got-Time-Bleed.
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photoshop or GIMP, about two hours and a fifth of Ron Zacapa 23 ought to about do it.
  • Amour
    Amour
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    Only that... it doesn't look like a Dunmer.

Lol. What on Nirn is it if not a dunmer? By the way light is everything when it comes to look pretty. :p

WYgfpVM.png

tnV5rT0.png

fcqHZdr.png

Edited by Amour on July 14, 2017 11:13AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amour wrote: »

Lol. What on Nirn is it if not a dunmer? By the way light is everything when it comes to look pretty. :p

WYgfpVM.png

tnV5rT0.png

fcqHZdr.png

That may be the most adorable Dunmer I've ever seen. Personally, I've always like their harsh look and feel like ti can be maintained and still have them be attractive. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but here's mine:

pkmDr27.png

HsTQL5l.png

OCD7Xoe.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some ideas:
    • Give them a nice body, however you conceive that. That should be possible for most human and mer characters.
    • Give them a hair/eye/skin color combination that you don't hate.
    • Be extreme about softening any facial features you feel should be softened. This should also serve to make the character look, if not likeable, at least not-unfriendly.
    • In most cases, go with a fairly conservative/normal/human hairstyle choice
    • Find a costume/dye combination that looks good on them. This can be difficult, but with luck it's doable.

My female dark elf has a nice chest, and a skin color that goes well with the Seducer's costume undyed. Her hair mainly covers her ears. She doesn't look hopelessly arrogant. (Truth be told, I meant her to be "evil", but I've backed off that. In fact, I like her.)

My male dark elf DK is in fact designed as a joke, and violates some of the guidlines above. I gave him Nord-style full hair and beard. (Firey red, ha ha.) If I vamp him, it will barely be noticeable. One of the classic heavy armor costumes with some red in it looks good on him.

One of my male high elf sorcerers looks like a classic arrogant blond high elf. Mannimarco's costume, dyed gold, works for him.

My other male high elf sorcerer looks as human as possible. His ears are as small as possible. His hair has a neat part. His face is neatly stubbled. The Golden Saint costume, dyed black-and-gold, works great for him.

My slight stocky blond male Breton templar with a neat haircut looks good in the Thieves Guild fancy costume dyed blue (without the turban). A stockier-yet one looks good in a heavy armor costume. He has a dwarven sphere pet.

My original main -- a black-haired Breton sorcerer -- looks great in the Thieves Guild fancy costume in its original red (also without the turban).

The Thieves Leathers costume, dyed black, can look good on an evil male character of numerous colorations and builds.

Etc.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon Mora takes offence to the entire thread. She WILL be hunting you.

EAvo5Op.png
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    RBF is a dunmer racial passive.

LOL'd
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Amour wrote: »

WYgfpVM.png

tnV5rT0.png

fcqHZdr.png

That may be the most adorable Dunmer I've ever seen. Personally, I've always like their harsh look and feel like ti can be maintained and still have them be attractive. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but here's mine:

pkmDr27.png

HsTQL5l.png

OCD7Xoe.png

Yours is the prettiest Ive seen :O!!!
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes a lot of effort and patience but it can be done.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    You don't.

All Dunmers suffer from bat-face.

^ That pretty much sums it up! "Good looking" and "Dunmer" don't go together, lol.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't created a Dunmer since Beta :o (I just couldn't get rid of the Klingon forehead then XD), but this is my try at Naryu. I'm sure there are many tweaks that would make her better. I apologize for the many settings pics.

3PQkCxd.png
    ftRgOSm.png
    ctORTEa.png
    dthjwhy.png
    Edited by Idinuse on July 14, 2017 6:16PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?