The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

4 months on last boss VMA (UPDATED!!!!!)

inked1
inked1
✭✭✭
Yup, that's right, 4 months on the last boss and I still haven't beaten him. I think it's about time I except the fact that I just can't do it.

This started back at the beginning of january. I had a few days off and decided I would give VMA a try for the first time. Got on my stamsorc and went through the entire thing in just a few hours. Watched a couple videos before each round to learn what the mechanics were then went in and cleared them, no problem. Then I got to the last boss, got to the crystals up stairs....and I have been in the same spot ever since.

Max CP. All BIS gear. Velidreth, krag's, selen's, VO, twice fang, vipers, night mothers, spriggans, moon dancer, infallible aether, all devines all sharpened all golded out. You name it, I got it.

I have run and completed all veteran contect except VMoL (beat the twins). I run them all regularly. I have no death speed runs through CoS and RoM. I have the experience and knowledge. I know what I'm doing. Until I get upstairs to the crystals.

I have tried every gear combo, every rotation combo, every strategy anyone has ever given me. Still die in the exact same spot every time. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I clear one crystal, sometimes I clear two but every time I'm up there I get knocked off and insta-killed when I get to the bottom. 4 months of dying the same way. I know that last round like the back of my hand and can clear to the boss with no deaths and only half way paying attention. I just can not clear the crystals. 4 months.

To ALL of you out there that can beat this I am more than impressed. I can't do it. I'm not even frustrated or stressed about it. I don't get anxious up there. It's just a game. I just can't understand what the problem is. And that's what bothers me. I don't care about the title. I don't need bragging rights. I just have a hard time excepting I can't complete something. But 4 months is a long time dying the same way.

Anyway. Not ranting about the arena, I love how it is and hope they never change it. It just looks like I will be another one of its victims and never clear it. Thanks for listening (reading?) my story. Needed to share it with someone to help me move on. Good luck in your own adventures in there, I'm afraid mine have come to an end.

UPDATE; so everyone here was so encouraging and helpful I thought I would give it another try.

Made it upstairs. Killed two crystals. Jumped down instead of being knocked off. Worked great. Boom. Kill the CG on my own terms now instead of in the lava. Back upstairs, destroyed the third crystal. Boom. Down we go, FINALLY! Grab the shield and the ax. Beating the bosses ass. Boom. Third gold ghost comes out. Grab it. Set off synergy. Boom. Boss is at 5% and everyone is stunned. Boom. Run over to the bosss. BOOM...my ass is dead......

No idea how. Everyone was stunned. I was spamming vigor. But there I lay, dead, with the boss at 5% and stunned. Duck maelstrom arena.

UPDATE!!!!
I beat that mofo! Hard to type. My hands are still shaking. Got a precise ice staff which sucks but I beat it.
Edited by inked1 on April 25, 2017 8:05PM
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buddy your not the only one , same here stam sorc been on the last boss for a very very long time , same here got the same items as you but the last boss the crystals just kill me , i managed to get them done and when i drooped down i died.

I know what my problem is ... the lag..... every time i try to finish it even the door to go in the VMSA dose not show and sometimes me doing skills dose nothing.

Im thinking of going back to the magica sorc lol

Stay strong and keep on trying each time you will get there closer and closer , @Lukums1 has some great tips about VMSA.

Don't give up and stay strong , as for me ... lol one day when i have no lag i will finish it hehehe
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the exact same thing happened to me with my mag sorc, could not get that 3rd crystal down, when i got knocked down it was stun/snare on landing & then death.

i like you gave up, took a break came back cleared it on my stam sorc 1st try (many many deaths - but 1st attempt)

you say you know the mechanics so i assume you know to block the skulls and hide behind the 'floating wall' (make sure your in the middle of the wall)

some people tell you to do one crystal at a time others tell you to work on all 3 at the same time - honestly both techniques work and its down to your play style. but on my stam sorc, having multiple dots running on multiple crystals in the event i do get knocked down has saved my tail many a time

Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    buddy your not the only one , same here stam sorc been on the last boss for a very very long time , same here got the same items as you but the last boss the crystals just kill me , i managed to get them done and when i drooped down i died.

I know what my problem is ... the lag..... every time i try to finish it even the door to go in the VMSA dose not show and sometimes me doing skills dose nothing.

Im thinking of going back to the magica sorc lol

Stay strong and keep on trying each time you will get there closer and closer , @Lukums1 has some great tips about VMSA.

Don't give up and stay strong , as for me ... lol one day when i have no lag i will finish it hehehe

Thanks forsaken. I wish my issue was lag. Then I could blame it on something other than myself! Good luck in there and I hope you get it done.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate don't give up. Honestly it just needs to click. @inked1

Have you isolated the sequence up top? The different things he does? As that will make life so much easier.

Tips (I only cleared in Nov, and have 15-16k DPS)

- Go right (anti clock) makes getting to wall easier
    - constantly have crit surge up, and a form on DOT on crystals for heals as the damage builds over time on you
    - when he makes the shot put 'tell' roll dodge. It's that that knocks you down mainly don't block
    - never change direction, comets land behind you. If you run back you get snared and shot put skull hits you
    - run along the ridge, roll dodge straight so you don't fall off
    - run towards wall right don't run left you won't catch it (missing the wall is the other way you get knocked down)
    - when running with wall keep crit surge up and that DOT
    - if ur dps is up you should only see one wall, burn all the crystals. If you do drop CG needs to die, grab healing sigil too
    - must kill CG if ur on fire, as fire burns till CG dead
    Mate you can do it, just need to isolate what's happening, after crystals its easy mode.

Look up Lukums guides on here he's helped alot of folks
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    the exact same thing happened to me with my mag sorc, could not get that 3rd crystal down, when i got knocked down it was stun/snare on landing & then death.

i like you gave up, took a break came back cleared it on my stam sorc 1st try (many many deaths - but 1st attempt)

you say you know the mechanics so i assume you know to block the skulls and hide behind the 'floating wall' (make sure your in the middle of the wall)

some people tell you to do one crystal at a time others tell you to work on all 3 at the same time - honestly both techniques work and its down to your play style. but on my stam sorc, having multiple dots running on multiple crystals in the event i do get knocked down has saved my tail many a time

Yup, I have blocked the skulls, roll dodged the skulls, hell I've even tried running from the damn things. Sometimes it's them that knock me off. Sometimes it's the explosion. Sometimes it's just the AOEs up there killing me. I have died every way possible up there. But you said it exactly, knocked off then stun/snared then dead. That dam CG is always there waiting on me to crawl out of the lava. I never get a chance to use a pot or vigor. Just dead.
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Mate don't give up. Honestly it just needs to click. @inked1

Have you isolated the sequence up top? The different things he does? As that will make life so much easier.

Tips (I only cleared in Nov, and have 15-16k DPS)

- Go right (anti clock) makes getting to wall easier
    - constantly have crit surge up, and a form on DOT on crystals for heals as the damage builds over time on you
    - when he makes the shot put 'tell' roll dodge. It's that that knocks you down mainly don't block
    - never change direction, comets land behind you. If you run back you get snared and shot put skull hits you
    - run along the ridge, roll dodge straight so you don't fall off
    - run towards wall right don't run left you won't catch it (missing the wall is the other way you get knocked down)
    - when running with wall keep crit surge up and that DOT
    - if ur dps is up you should only see one wall, burn all the crystals. If you do drop CG needs to die, grab healing sigil too
    - must kill CG if ur on fire, as fire burns till CG dead
    Mate you can do it, just need to isolate what's happening, after crystals its easy mode.

Look up Lukums guides on here he's helped alot of folks

Thanks @Beardimus for the suggestions. I have been hoping something would click for me. There is something I'm just not getting or seeing or understanding about it. And to be honest after reading your suggestions I realize I have never really had a plan up there. Other than, get to the first crystal and burn it down as quick as I can. Which is sometimes difficult because I'm constantly roll dodging back and forth all over the place getting out of the AOEs and avoiding the skulls. Then I'm just looking around for the wall hoping to get behind it. Maybe I am panicking up there and don't realize it.
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx Op don't get me wrong there are times when my lag is ok and i still screw up LOL

Have you tried placing your camera far away from you and keep an eye out on the skull, i think its skull skull wall skull wall ect i might be wrong

place your camera view far far away when tilted you can see everything and even him when he is about to do the skull dodge ect on the second bar use bow poison if you got ect just dots ... one other thing is Caltrop and surge will provide you good heals for 30 sec as long as Caltrop are active on crystal

keep at it , i know you will get it
    Edited by ForsakenSin on April 20, 2017 6:44AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck on this until someone suggested immovable potions. I now use those when I go up top so that I can concentrate on the crystals and getting to the wall before the big blast.
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try the easy mode mag sorc build I got flawless with.

5 Necropotence

2 Illambris/infernal guardian

3 Willpower/moondancer

1 random sharpened staff

I don't remember the skills off the top of my head but there are some build videos with this setup on Youtube.

Hope this helps, good luck
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you have to put your build together and do it asap. If you delay it till Morrowind then forget about VMA.
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    I was stuck on this until someone suggested immovable potions. I now use those when I go up top so that I can concentrate on the crystals and getting to the wall before the big blast.

Thanks @negbert I honestly hadn't ever considered that option. It was always weapon power pots weapon power pots. Gotta burn everything as quick as possible.
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭

5 Necropotence

3 Willpower/moondancer

1 random sharpened staff

I don't remember the skills off the top of my head but there are some build videos with this setup on Youtube.

Thanks @Father_X_Zombie I have only been in there with my stamsorc. Should be easy mode with all the heals I get from from crits and dual wield abilities. My magsorc is set up strictly for trials and she relies on the healer to keep her alive. I don't know what the set up would be or abilities and rotation for my magsorc in there. Never played her in a solo situation. Sad now that I think about it. May have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Man you have to put your build together and do it asap. If you delay it till Morrowind then forget about VMA.

@Didgerion tell me about it. But according to everyone panicking on the forum all I'll have to do is role a warden and I'll be OP.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inked1 wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

@Didgerion tell me about it. But according to everyone panicking on the forum all I'll have to do is role a warden and I'll be OP.

The warden will be weaker than any class that is on live now.
    The warden will outshine other classes in morrowind for sure but he will struggle in vma too.
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭

5 Necropotence

3 Willpower/moondancer

1 random sharpened staff

Thanks @Father_X_Zombie I have only been in there with my stamsorc. Should be easy mode with all the heals I get from from crits and dual wield abilities. My magsorc is set up strictly for trials and she relies on the healer to keep her alive. I don't know what the set up would be or abilities and rotation for my magsorc in there. Never played her in a solo situation. Sad now that I think about it. May have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mag sorc is pretty easy for a first clear. Believe me when I say after your first clear it only gets easier. My first clear took about a week, my second was 2h. Now I can clear VMA in less then an hour. After you've ran it a few times its easier with other characters. Ive done it with 4 characters so far and the worst was probably my stamblade lol

To my best memory, here is the skill setup I used.

Bar 1 (destro) Volatile familiar/Crushing shock/Frags/Hardened ward/Inner light

Bar 2 (destro too) volatile familiar/Power surge/liquid lightning/wall of elements/elemental drain

Your rotation is pretty simple, keep your familiar alive by recasting your ward to keep your Necropotence buff up. Destro weave squishy enemies and put down your AoEs for tanker ones, launch a frag when one procs. Also keep surge up to keep yourself healed.

Id recommend trying normal maelstrom a few times to get a feel for it and get used to the rotations.

Remember, after your first clear its a piece of cake :)
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 20, 2017 8:11AM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @inked1 wow mate, I think you should get an achivement for failing :smiley:

On a serious note, get tri food, use tri pots.

On CG you can use supression field (dark magic ultimate) every time it spawns it is next to the boss, so just place it and kill CG. While under the field, CG will just do physical attacks. You can also put some CP points in to thick skinned.

Infernal guardian also helps with crystal phase.

On crystal phase if you don't kill crystals after 3 circles you can just jump down and kill the CG with supression field and come back up. If you fall down for any reason, don't get up without killing the CG as it will damage you with fire from bottom.

Don't worry to spam shields.

On stamsorc make sure you have surge all the time and volley on stationary enemies and caltrops it just helps out massively.

Try to analyse why you die.

Put some health glyphs in your armor, really helps. (On magsorc don't bother with it just spam hardened ward).
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    @inked1 wow mate, I think you should get an achivement for failing :smiley:

On a serious note, get tri food, use tri pots.

On CG you can use supression field (dark magic ultimate) every time it spawns it is next to the boss, so just place it and kill CG. While under the field, CG will just do physical attacks. You can also put some CP points in to thick skinned.

Infernal guardian also helps with crystal phase.

On crystal phase if you don't kill crystals after 3 circles you can just jump down and kill the CG with supression field and come back up. If you fall down for any reason, don't get up without killing the CG as it will damage you with fire from bottom.

Don't worry to spam shields.

On stamsorc make sure you have surge all the time and volley on stationary enemies and caltrops it just helps out massively.

Try to analyse why you die.

Put some health glyphs in your armor, really helps. (On magsorc don't bother with it just spam hardened ward).

@Valera Progib lol they should add a title for most fails. "Stormproof" for completing. "Porous" for 1000 fails.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem mate, you are exactly where I was from your reply to me above. A plan up there is KING. It's a game changer.

Im a noob compared to Lukums etc but my 2p worth is Don't get lost changing your build, your gear is fine. If you can clear Stage 9 up to here ok then you are in a good place, the rest is purely, PURELY learning the mechs you are close enough on all fronts.

Re check my points as they are key.

Do not block up top, 100% not. It will hit you and odds are the comets will hit you and stun you. If you move right, and keep moving you will never, ever get hit by a comet.

The knock downs are generally the skull. Listen for the clue, or keep one eye on him and straff run along the rim. you can roll dodge the skull AT ANY TIME. Don't leave to the last second, do it early as he throws it.

Comets = stun and the. Hit by skull.
    Skull = knock back
    Not being behind wall = knock down

Try to isolate and it will be smooth for ya, you are so close!

Up, crit surge. AOE down, attack crystal as you move right (onto next one if you need) don't back track, look for shot put move, roll dodge, keep going right look for wall. The only back track you do is to go with wall when you get to it. Keep crit surge up, and all AOE.

Some do drop down after 2 crystals as the DOT grows but I find that CG hard, so I stay up, burn fast
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man seriously? This thread is unbearably demotivating. Please clear soon and let me know you've done it. haha

@Didgerion
    What change exactly is gonna make it harder in MW? Not doubting, just curious. I heard something about Siphoning Attacks getting nerved but can't seem to find that particular patch note.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
    Options
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind, found it. With those changes to resource management it might actually mean now or never for me and my stamblade. Keeping in mind the 4 months OP hung out in stage 9 I'm not overly confident at this point. I'll report back in 6 weeks then^^
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been stuck here forever too. Getting closer, but still can't seal the deal. I've completely re-spec my StamSorc to PetSorc heavy attack build. I get through the level much easier now. Or maybe I'm getting better for doing it a million times.

Keep your Crit surge up for heals. It also gives you major brutality so weapon power pots are kind of not doing anything for you.

I'm always running like a chicken up top. Keep the damage on crystals and hide behind wall when he goes Kena mode. There's an order to the skull attacks, but 2 walls maybe 3 if you can catch it you'll have to fall back down anyways cause they go too fast.

The few times I get back down I found you have to immediately bash/ interrupt Solkyn . Grab sigils and burn him down til adds come in. Really, it's only a few seconds. You might be able to execute him if it's close enough.
    Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I summon @Lukums1
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    I did it and immediately stopped playing the game for the past 9 months or so just came back this week. I was so emotionally drained. I had done the last stage so much I could rolldodge the flying skull based on time rather than seeing the wind up. A friend was watching and asked how did you know it was coming finally came to the realization that in order to complete it I needed to channel the old boxing adage I just needed let my hands go. I beat it at like 3 in the morning on a Friday night and I woke my wife and kids up accidentally I was so happy.

You'll get there man
    Options
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea about this but did you learn the mechanics? If not I suggest going on youtube and just typing in vma last boss and you will see for yourself how to maneuver. As long as you have a good build you will beat it yo.
    The Flyers
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    I did it and immediately stopped playing the game for the past 9 months or so just came back this week. I was so emotionally drained. I had done the last stage so much I could rolldodge the flying skull based on time rather than seeing the wind up. A friend was watching and asked how did you know it was coming finally came to the realization that in order to complete it I needed to channel the old boxing adage I just needed let my hands go. I beat it at like 3 in the morning on a Friday night and I woke my wife and kids up accidentally I was so happy.

You'll get there man

Yeah I took a brake from the game a year ago after spending several hours on last boss on my stam class.

I learned the mechanics I was collecting all gold spirits, and guess what the spirit's synergy is channeled. My HOT was not keeping me alive to launch it -and then start all over again - the first phase - the ring phase - then the spirits phase again - it takes an insane amount of time if you wipe on the last phase of the fight and lots of frustrations.

But I returned to the game - rolled a magica sorc - put the necro set on - busted it with undaunted passive and mage light and my shield was bigger than my health pool - most of VMA's became easy mode - heck I can outshield poison traps on level 7 now.
    Edited by Didgerion on April 20, 2017 6:43PM
    Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck on the very last boss too. I have a stam dk. I have tried every gear, skill and potion setup. I know all the mechanics. I just physically can't make it happen. I can't get past the crystals. I'm very frustrated. I've been stuck on the last boss for about a month now. I try to go in fresh and hope this character can get past this. I have other characters that I'd like to try vma on but I'm stuck on my stam dk, before I move on to the next. She is my oldest character and deserves this achievement. I don't know what else to do either. I think some characters are far easier than others. I don't like to play on easy mode but this is ridiculous.
    Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck on the very last boss too. I have a stam dk. I have tried every gear, skill and potion setup. I know all the mechanics. I just physically can't make it happen. I can't get past the crystals. I'm very frustrated. I've been stuck on the last boss for about a month now. I try to go in fresh and hope this character can get past this. I have other characters that I'd like to try vma on but I'm stuck on my stam dk, before I move on to the next. She is my oldest character and deserves this achievement. I don't know what else to do either. I think some characters are far easier than others. I don't like to play on easy mode but this is ridiculous.

For the crystals, have you tried voluntarily jumping down after the 2nd (or 3rd) wall? Usually around that time I'm running low on resources and the health DoT is becoming difficult to manage... You'll have to deal with an extra CG, but if you can kill it then you have a short breather where you can recoup some resources before heading up again.
    If you wanted to maximize your time/recovery after you kill things (i.e. the CG) just stand by the active portal avoid the ground aoes. Once the CG re-spawns (maybe 15 seconds?) then go back upstairs. If you clear the crystals the CG will die, if you don't you'll have to kill one anyway.

Once up, everything is back to slow and it's nice to have 1 crystal gone, or a couple with lower health.
    Also during this phase tri-pots made a HUGE difference. It's rare that I was low on just one resource, and having everything topped off is a big relief. Last suggestion is the haste sigil is super useful for the crystal phase. Good luck, you'll get it!
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, that's right, 4 months on the last boss and I still haven't beaten him. I think it's about time I except the fact that I just can't do it.

This started back at the beginning of january. I had a few days off and decided I would give VMA a try for the first time. Got on my stamsorc and went through the entire thing in just a few hours. Watched a couple videos before each round to learn what the mechanics were then went in and cleared them, no problem. Then I got to the last boss, got to the crystals up stairs....and I have been in the same spot ever since.

Max CP. All BIS gear. Velidreth, krag's, selen's, VO, twice fang, vipers, night mothers, spriggans, moon dancer, infallible aether, all devines all sharpened all golded out. You name it, I got it.

I have run and completed all veteran contect except VMoL (beat the twins). I run them all regularly. I have no death speed runs through CoS and RoM. I have the experience and knowledge. I know what I'm doing. Until I get upstairs to the crystals.

I have tried every gear combo, every rotation combo, every strategy anyone has ever given me. Still die in the exact same spot every time. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I clear one crystal, sometimes I clear two but every time I'm up there I get knocked off and insta-killed when I get to the bottom. 4 months of dying the same way. I know that last round like the back of my hand and can clear to the boss with no deaths and only half way paying attention. I just can not clear the crystals. 4 months.

To ALL of you out there that can beat this I am more than impressed. I can't do it. I'm not even frustrated or stressed about it. I don't get anxious up there. It's just a game. I just can't understand what the problem is. And that's what bothers me. I don't care about the title. I don't need bragging rights. I just have a hard time excepting I can't complete something. But 4 months is a long time dying the same way.

Anyway. Not ranting about the arena, I love how it is and hope they never change it. It just looks like I will be another one of its victims and never clear it. Thanks for listening (reading?) my story. Needed to share it with someone to help me move on. Good luck in your own adventures in there, I'm afraid mine have come to an end.

One tip for you when you are destroying crystals then make sure to destroy crystal in last which is near Shield Sigil, so immediately grab Shield Sigil and burn the boss
    Options
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I have blocked the skulls, roll dodged the skulls, hell I've even tried running from the damn things. Sometimes it's them that knock me off. Sometimes it's the explosion. Sometimes it's just the AOEs up there killing me. I have died every way possible up there. But you said it exactly, knocked off then stun/snared then dead. That dam CG is always there waiting on me to crawl out of the lava. I never get a chance to use a pot or vigor. Just dead.
    Blocking the skulls is the best way to go as you will use less stamina than you would dodge rolling. When you are DPSing the crystals, always keep moving so that you do not get stunned by meteors- I personally strafe back and forth in somewhat of a circular pattern. As someone else has said, you want to run counter-clockwise (opposite the direction of the spinning wall), so you are guaranteed to run into the protective wall that you must stand behind to avoid being knocked off the platform.

Concerning the last thing you mentioned about the CG-- if you are getting a CG spawn before the boss goes up, are you not killing him before you take the portal? I ask because, if he is still alive when you go up, and if he has hit you with his flame breath, you will have a heavy flame DOT ticking on you that will not go away until he is dead, coupled with the DOT that continues to build the longer you are upstairs. If you have the CG DOT on you when you fall down, that could explain why you are instantly dying to the CG.

Also, as someone else has said, if the upstairs DOT seems like it's going to be too much for you to handle before you can kill all the crystals, just drop down voluntarily to remove it from yourself. Then you will have to kill another CG and Clanfear to get back up.

What issue are you having upstairs exactly?

Edited by stileanima on April 22, 2017 9:55PM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
    Options