The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Balancing, where are you?

luxfreak
luxfreak
✭✭✭
Goddamnit ZOS, where the *** *** is the balancing?

Sorcs still way to strong, NBs still weak in both variants. Stemplar still bad, Stamina in General unusable for No-Death Trial Runs.
And ofc, instead ofhelping stamina chars, you punish them even more by increasing ALL theire cost, while removing there surefire stamian recovery by shards.

Please, can anyone from ZOS explain me, why they did nothing in regard to class balancing?
Tank/DD with Hof HM clear
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrotic Orb: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina or Magicka to the synergy-user, whichever percentage is lower. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. The synergy also has a shared cooldown with the Spear Shards synergy.

Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina or Magicka, whichever percentage is lower. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. The synergy also has a shared cooldown with the Necrotic Orb synergy.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 17, 2017 8:54PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    learn 2 read :

Stamina abilities are now universally 15% cheaper than their Magicka counterparts, originally being 20% cheaper. This includes class abilities that morph into Stamina abilities, in addition to the Weapon Skill Line passive abilities which reduce the cost of abilities in that Skill Line (Balanced Blade, Controlled Fury, etc.)

You need to learn 2 read for the first example :P
    Edited by rhapsodious on April 17, 2017 8:54PM
    Options
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Question, doesn't that first point of yours mean they increased the cost of all stamina abilities?
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    learn 2 read :

Stamina abilities are now universally 15% cheaper than their Magicka counterparts, originally being 20% cheaper. This includes class abilities that morph into Stamina abilities, in addition to the Weapon Skill Line passive abilities which reduce the cost of abilities in that Skill Line (Balanced Blade, Controlled Fury, etc.)

You need to learn 2 read for the first example :P

Damn, you are right.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like that one:

In order to lower the gap between players with high and low CP, all Champion passive values are now significantly more frontloaded. This means that earlier points are worth much more, while later points are worth much less
    Edited by xSkullfox on April 17, 2017 9:01PM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    Options
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ppl have been begging ZoS to make stamina nightblade viable in pve content and the response is lets nerf medium armour, lets nerf siph attacks, lets make bow and dw skills used by stam nightblades extensivly in pve cost alot more?!?! And its not the end of it, lets nerf em a little bit more and reduce the overall cost of ALL stamina based skills , weapons, abilitites u name it another 5%. Oh wait sorcs is OP as ***, every trials is just sorcs wherever u turn lets, lets, lets do nothing with em.....i give up sry...
    Edited by Glamdring on April 17, 2017 9:08PM
    Options
  • luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    Im not so sure about the changes for the Shards and the Orbs. Image. Your a Magika player. Your at 15% magika, noticing your running dry. But you had to block 3 hits and placed a trap not too long ago. Now your at 10% stamina. Activating a Orb will result in you getting stamina while wanting magika. Is that realy what you want? While stamina may acutally feel any imporvment from the new orbs, it not nearly enough i think.

*Edit: Just noticed, repentance does not return stamina anymore for group members.
    Edited by luxfreak on April 17, 2017 9:09PM
    Tank/DD with Hof HM clear
    Options
  • kyler9987b16_ESO
    kyler9987b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy attack builds will be op
    Options
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I don't know what to say... it was already hard for mag DK to have a good mag sustain... and now we got CP magician/arcanist nerf, light armor nerf, battle roar nerf (yes you gain more health and stam but less magicka if you're a mag DK 'cause you have a high mag pool)
    and don't talk about the whip reduc cost it's completly bullsh*t compared to what we lost.

And the elemental expert nerf...
    Edited by Toraf on April 17, 2017 9:19PM
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I rly, rly dont understand is how they can nerf heals and specificly stam heals through vigor(cost increase) and blessed cp and do nothing about shieldstrength, they just pushed the shieldstacking meta further infront of stamina and classbuilds that dont rely on shields. This is amazing, and not in a postive way.

Ive played enough magsorc in the past to know that this will make it an even better class.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    What I rly, rly dont understand is how they can nerf heals and specificly stam heals through vigor(cost increase) and blessed cp and do nothing about shieldstrength, they just pushed the shieldstacking meta further infront of stamina and classbuilds that dont rely on shields. This is amazing, and not in a postive way.

Ive played enough magsorc in the past to know that this will make it an even better class.

Have to agree. The nerfs to pirate skelli and trollking are also both pathetic.

More trippleshield pirate sorcs. YAY.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm gonna guess that nbs got buffed the most with the harsh hit on sustain across the board. Let's give it a shot first.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars got nerfed so other healers could be viable again, which everyone requested since the dawn of times - I personally was fine with it but nevermind. Maybe be careful what you wish for ? just saying.
    Options
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭

With the reduced sustain across the board, that in itself is a nerf to shield stacking. Shield will be more costly to stack.
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar was nerfed enough last patch, I couldn't help but laugh when I read these patch notes, or I may have actually cried :lol: Kind of relieved that I decided to distance myself slightly from Templar, and then the game in general, tbh...

I am excited to see the new houses and look forward to going in there to make them look pretty, but after that... I am unsure as to how long I will be continuing to find fun in this... I am just relived that I don't heal anymore!! :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's obvious they don't play this game on anything but a Magsorc or play it at such a low level they have no understanding of what's actually going on in the higher level content. Shields along with the previous buff to pets are beyond broken now in both PvE and PvP and nothing in their patch note changes to CP is going to change that.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not enough "nerf sorc" threads. Step up the game.

For real tho. Except Warden, sorc overall had least amount class related nerfs. With sustain nerfs across the board, one would really believe something like Dark Exchange (and morphs) wont stay same...
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many invited testers from last month were sorcs? wtf!!!
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a sorc at the moment, and I would be very happy for them to nerf me into the ground. I would like nothing more than to go back to playing my templar, but I just don't enjoy the way she is forced into being a heavy armoured healbot 90% of the time. I used to play this game every single day, without fail, now I log on once a week, if that, because its not fun when your favourite class is completely ***! And by the looks of these patch notes, that is not changing, rather it is going to get worse...
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    i'm gonna guess that nbs got buffed the most with the harsh hit on sustain across the board. Let's give it a shot first.
    No, because Siphoning Strikes got hit really hard as well, while the class got absolutely no buffs whatsoever in the damage department. NBs are going to be even worse than they are on live.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because Siphoning Strikes got hit really hard as well, while the class got absolutely no buffs whatsoever in the damage department. NBs are going to be even worse than they are on live.

I disagree, but we shall see. I have a feeling that magblades will be sustain kings next patch.
    Options
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I disagree, but we shall see. I have a feeling that magblades will be sustain kings next patch.

M. NBs are going to have a hard time sustaining stamina
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
    Options
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    BLAZING SPEAR OR LUMINOUS SHARDS STUN
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »

They're gonna be on par with mag sorcs in that department now, and they don't seem like they have a huge problem. I guess we just gotta play more carefully now :/
    Options
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    utb99 wrote: »

They're gonna be on par with mag sorcs in that department now, and they don't seem like they have a huge problem. I guess we just gotta play more carefully now :/

Sorcs have Dark Deal though
    Options