The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

ESO: MORROWIND CLOSED BETA

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
ESO: MORROWIND CLOSED BETA DETAILS
04.05.2017 Announcements, Morrowind

45372e3841812ccbc57ff318dffba176.jpg

We're just two months away from the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, and we're hard at work polishing ESO's new chapter! Read on to learn the details about ESO: Morrowind on our Public Test Server.

We're excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is coming to our Public Test Server in just a couple weeks! However, this time we're doing things a bit differently, and we will be holding a closed beta for ESO: Morrowind. While everyone will be able to help test the base game content on the PTS, any content included in ESO: Morrowind will be invite-only. In addition, everyone logging onto the PTS will be required to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) upon login.

Feedback is extremely important to us, and we greatly appreciate and value the feedback everyone has provided to us over the years. With that said, participation in previous PTS cycles is a major factor when choosing invitees for this and future ZOS beta events. If you're chosen to help us test, you will receive an email and be invited to a private forum area where you can discuss your experiences with other players and provide feedback. The closed beta will allow you to experience the entirety of ESO: Morrowind and Update 14, including:

The brand new story and zone, Vvardenfell
The new PvP game mode Battlegrounds
The new Warden class
The new Trial, the Halls of Fabrication
We'll make sure to post the PTS Patch Notes in a public area so everyone can read about the upcoming features and improvements. We look forward to welcoming some of our most dedicated players to Vvardenfell very soon, and we can't wait to see your feedback!

Ok, so what do we do to increase our odds of being selected for this Beta test?
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sending @ZOS_GinaBruno her favorite cookies? BTW Gina, what is your favorite cookie? Just asking :wink:
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, past PTS participation is/was a major factor in selecting people.

So, it's more about what you could have done to increase your odds... not anything you can do now.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I know there's nothing you can currently do as @MissBizz says.

Providing people played previous PTS patches, submitted bugs and generally contributed that's probably the biggest determining factor as ZOS themselves say. I guess we will find out when the PTS news comes. :smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on April 12, 2017 4:53PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people used PTS during the testing phases, the real question is what is the bar that had to be surpassed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am wondering more is how it'll be done that some account willbe able to play Morrowind on PTS. Will people recive information with acces code or their account will have morrowind unlocked instantly
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My biggest question is in regards to performance testing: will the amount of eligible players suffice to take the PTS to its limits?

If not, do you plan for an open beta week near to release for the purpose of load testing?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    My biggest question is in regards to performance testing: will the amount of eligible players suffice to take the PTS to its limits?

If not, do you plan for an open beta week near to release for the purpose of load testing?

Probably not necessary to do load testing for this update.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    What I am wondering more is how it'll be done that some account willbe able to play Morrowind on PTS. Will people recive information with acces code or their account will have morrowind unlocked instantly

People will receive an e-mail inviting them to the closed beta, beyond that we do not know.
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

My guess is that only the people invited to the closed beta have the chapter unlocked (juist like dlcs can be unlocked).

That way all this stuff for the closed beta (warden, morrowind) will only be accessible by those people.
    Edited by Darlon on April 12, 2017 7:31PM
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Darlon I do not think people that pre-ordered makes a difference, as we testing to ensure those that did and those that will pre-order will have a game that plays as expected. That the whole reason for PTS/ Beta testing.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the "unknown" players probably stuff like this in past pts threads
    Veg wrote: »
    Veg wrote: »
    5 SCIENTIFIC REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUFF DRAGON LEAP
    https://youtu.be/Jx_Cxkc_t3I

Part of a vid im working on that goes more in depth on mDK's pvp kill mechanics or lack there of. tl;dr F-leap is our only chance at doing anything other than tanking. A dragon blood that heals for 100% of our missing health still wont change what we can do in pvp.

https://youtu.be/fesoLusrnBU

After talking with my fellow mDK mains we've come to the conclusion that Ferocious leap does enough damage. The problem is that we cant use it with any other burst damage.

Kill mechanics rely on combinations of multiple abilities like DoS > reverse slice or Incap strike > impale. Now we have the first ability working, all we need is the second.

What we recommend is the following...

Replace the shield with 1 offensive buff

[*] Gain minor berserk increasing your damage done by 8% for 5 seconds
    [*] Increase the damage of your next attack by 50%. This could make our none burst damage abilities do burst damage for 1 use.
    [*] Do 75-100% additional damage over 5 seconds. Similar to DoS but weaker. We believe that a DoT = DoS would be too powerfull.

This is tricky to buff without making it over powered but if it's left as is we will be missing out big time. the keks are at 12:15

They'll probably bring in any name they recognize from the old threads. And all the youtube/streamers.
    Edited by Veg on April 13, 2017 1:47PM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darlon I do not think people that pre-ordered makes a difference, as we testing to ensure those that did and those that will pre-order will have a game that plays as expected. That the whole reason for PTS/ Beta testing.

@randolphbenoit
    Where did I say anything about pre-ordering?

I was just saying that on the pts, the only people having the chapter unlocked will be those that are invited to the closed beta...
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »

@randolphbenoit

I was just saying that on the pts, the only people having the chapter unlocked will be those that are invited to the closed beta...

Still, judging based off if the expansion is already unlocked on your account doesn't make a lot of sense. I know plenty of people who "pre-ordered" the expansion at a 3rd party location like Amazon or Gamestop and they will activate the expansion when it come out.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »

@randolphbenoit

Still, judging based off if the expansion is already unlocked on your account doesn't make a lot of sense. I know plenty of people who "pre-ordered" the expansion at a 3rd party location like Amazon or Gamestop and they will activate the expansion when it come out.

Sigh... I am just talking about how they will handle the closed beta test... this has nothing to do with what will happen at release or if anyone has pre-ordered or not..... that's what randolphbenoit made of it...

Again: In the beta test the people that are invited to test will probably be the only ones that have the chapter unlocked on their PTS ACCOUNTS..... Never ever have I said anything about pre-ordering, having it unlocked on live server or something else... This whole thread is about the closed beta test and is located in the PTS section of the forums....
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beta test the people that are invited to test will probably be the only ones that have the chapter unlocked on their PTS ACCOUNTS..... Never ever have I said anything about pre-ordering, having it unlocked on live server or something else... This whole thread is about the closed beta test and is located in the PTS section of the forums....

Agreed.

I do not think that pre-order will bias PTS beta selection.

It will be entirely based on PTS participation and feedback on the forum. It will be a "names that stand out" thing, coupled with the results of any queries that they might have run.

Sadly, I do actual activities on the PTS under different accounts, so my participation, for what it is, is spread out. Makes it harder for them to find me. My forum comments are all under this ID, though.
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beta test the people that are invited to test will probably be the only ones that have the chapter unlocked on their PTS ACCOUNTS..... Never ever have I said anything about pre-ordering, having it unlocked on live server or something else... This whole thread is about the closed beta test and is located in the PTS section of the forums....

Agreed.

It will be entirely based on PTS participation and feedback on the forum. It will be a "names that stand out" thing, coupled with the results of any queries that they might have run.

Sadly, I do actual activities on the PTS under different accounts, so my participation, for what it is, is spread out. Makes it harder for them to find me. My forum comments are all under this ID, though.

It all depends on how many people they will invite... I do believe that a low number doesn't make sense, so I expect it to be quite a few more than the 'usual suspects'.....
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

It all depends on how many people they will invite... I do believe that a low number doesn't make sense, so I expect it to be quite a few more than the 'usual suspects'.....

I dunno. For Battlegrounds and Trials, they really only need a pool size of couple hundred people. Fewer if they can get more of them online all at the same time. For Vvardenfell, in general, a couple hundred people running around undirected (like a normal PTS) doing the quest lines would probably work, as long as they did it. Same for Warden. I don't think we are talking thousands, and I expect that it will be a very exclusive group. :smile:
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

I dunno. For Battlegrounds and Trials, they really only need a pool size of couple hundred people. Fewer if they can get more of them online all at the same time. For Vvardenfell, in general, a couple hundred people running around undirected (like a normal PTS) doing the quest lines would probably work, as long as they did it. Same for Warden. I don't think we are talking thousands, and I expect that it will be a very exclusive group. :smile:

Steamspy's numbers say that ESO has sold through Steam roughly 1,05 million times. If we take the current amount of online players (~15k) through Steam, then that's around 1,5% of the total possible player base. Assuming for a moment that that number is consistent through time, and ZOS wants to mirror their beta testing group to the actual player base at least slightly, I doubt they'd only invite a couple hundred people.

Granted, once people are invited to the beta I assume that at least a subset of them would play more intensively than they normally would, and that these are just Steam players I've gathered rough data on. But even if we multiply the 1,5% by ten, that still doesn't give us a solid amount of players online at the same time. 15% of a couple hundred people is.. not a lot of people. Whatever the case may be, we could be looking at thousands of people here.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Steamspy's numbers say that ESO has sold through Steam roughly 1,05 million times. If we take the current amount of online players (~15k) through Steam, then that's around 1,5% of the total possible player base. Assuming for a moment that that number is consistent through time, and ZOS wants to mirror their beta testing group to the actual player base at least slightly, I doubt they'd only invite a couple hundred people.

Granted, once people are invited to the beta I assume that at least a subset of them would play more intensively than they normally would, and that these are just Steam players I've gathered rough data on. But even if we multiply the 1,5% by ten, that still doesn't give us a solid amount of players online at the same time. 15% of a couple hundred people is.. not a lot of people. Whatever the case may be, we could be looking at thousands of people here.

That depends on what their goal is. They may have a different purpose for PTS, and this closed beta, than what many people think. I think the purpose is, and always has been, to validate their game design decisions and to study how they have various parameters (like itemization values, class skills, etc) set. They don't need a big population to do that, just a diverse one. All of the new features are small group features. They just need to get people who will play the new features and provide feedback.

It really depends on whether they have to sit around a conference table and come up with a list of names, or whether they are just going to send an email to everyone who has ever contributed to PTS. The more hand-on the selection process is, the fewer people will be invited. That scales all the way up to me getting multiple invitations because they just invite anyone who even bothered to log into PTS during testing.
    Options
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to it

Options
  • Gh0st71
    Gh0st71
    I would LOVE to participate in open beta please : )
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

I don't know if they will risk a number that is too big, due to the NDA. Of course they can't guarantee that people won't violate it, but the more people get in, the greater the risk.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they hurry up with the Closed Beta. The longer they wait, the more stuff is not going to get fixed. Morrowind is a huge expansion with Battlegrounds, the Warden, new Trials, etc.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options