The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fixing the Magicka Sorcerer Class

• D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Shield staking is fine. Yes, it's strong in 1vs1, especially against magicka builds (if you use harness), but when outnumbered shields are much more useless compared to other defenses like dodge roll or block.

Also, a lot of people here say that they don't have any problems to time the burst when the shields are about to expire. Yes, magsorc can prevent it going to fully defensive mode, but I don't see a problem here, other classes can be invincible too (and require a single button).

Curse buff is a problem only against cloaking NBs in my opinion, and it's really need to be adressed. In other cases 90% of sorcs reapply the curse after the first explosion.

The only OP skill is dark deal/conversion. With Faso build it gives magsorcs infinite sustain (yes, I'll get l2p and interrupt replies here, but some classes, like magNb or magDK, just can't reliably do it).

Re applying shields is nothing like dodge roll since the cost doesn't increase overtime you use it. Give stam infinite dodge roll back and you can keep your non cost increasing defence mechanism
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The other option is addressing purging it; the only counterplay. Lack of access to purges wasn't really an issue until we got poisons with up to 3 effects plus all the ability debuffs. A cheap Ritual ability for everyone -- buffing Efficient Purge to purge more things -- dilutes the templar class and decimates mag DKs. Removing poisons isn't going to happen, and buffing Purge seems unlikely to happen either.

@NBrookus Buffing Efficient Purge wouldn't dilute the Templar class any more than giving Templar their own version of Curse diluted the Sorcerer class, or that introducing a 2pc set that grants Minor Berserk at all times diluted the Nightblade class.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The second I got to the discussion of "Sorc healing" I almost suffered an aneurysm. @HoloYoitsu
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    The second I got to the discussion of "Sorc healing" I almost suffered an aneurysm. @HoloYoitsu

But but but... you can use a pet! :lol:

That makes your self heals awesome!
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

But but but... you can use a pet! :lol:

That makes your self heals awesome!

Ow.... Stahp it! It hurts!
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs can have all the things they have but give all executes the ability to surpass shields.
    That would be fair stam chars are "dead" at 20% life when fighting against a sorc.
    Why should so many skills surpass the stam defence and only one!! Useless 5pc set that isn't even viable against sorcs.
    Every sorc that dies to shieldbreaker sucks and definitely needs to L2P. You need 10 seconds of consecutive light attacks where your enemy doesn't heal and has 0 health regen.

Sorc is currently the strongest class in both pve and pvp with both specs superior to the other classes.
    I know that I'll get countless L2P or git gud because sorcs seem to be the biggest p*ssies in eso maybe that comes from those shields which give you more than 100% additional health that you can actually use not like heals which disappear into nothingness.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Should just be able to crit shields, bout it.

That would be a pretty big nerf for light armor users that aren't sorcs because 1 single damage shield is extremely easy to take down for instance a build with 38k magicka would have a damage shield of around a 6k harness or 8k dampen. Which would really only absorb 1 or 2 attacks so after a single combo your shield would be down. A couple days ago I had a nightblade who executed me with killers blade through my healing ward. So I've switched back to heavy lol because shields are weak unless you are a sorc or wear pirate skeleton

Honestly though, you should be able to execute someone through a Healing Ward. It's kind of ridiculous how tanky someone (even in 7 light) can become with only 2K health left.

You have to compare it to getting an instant burst heal instead. The heal will take you out of execute range but a shield won't.

And it shouldn't..

Care to elaborate?

Umm, a shield shouldn't take you out of execute range.

You are reiterating, I asked you to elaborate. That is, why do you think shields in general and Healing Ward specifically shouldn't take you out of execute range.

I think I'm slightly going off path from my original comment. So I will try to relate it to that.

Being able to throw on a ward which negates the opportunity for crit dmg, on top of passives like undeath, with 3K health left, makes executes hit like noodles. I think if you could crit shields (Healing Ward), then your executes may actually execute.

@FriedEggSandwich I know this.

But their point is that healing ward was designed this way, that it's a hard counter to executes. If you're trying to say that you should be able to execute through a healing ward, then they say you would be defeating the whole purpose of healing ward's existence.

I don't see it like that. Any shield on its own (whether it has a heal at the end or not) still leaves you in execute range - so your opponent can keep spamming executes putting out enourmous pressure. any cc in that timeframe = death. Compared to a burst heal, it takes you out of execute range - so your opponent has to stop with the execute spam - so the pressure on you decreases. That was my point. ie. there are downsides to using a shield at execue range when compared to, say BoL.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently, the class is a little strong but not stupid.

The problem will be when, if, the heavy armor goes away. The minute people have to go back to light or medium, magica sorcs are going to wreck again. Stam NBs may be there too. But magica sorc are surviving as good as heavy armor build while having more damage. So no brainier that they'll be broke when heavy armor isn't viable.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would be a pretty big nerf for light armor users that aren't sorcs because 1 single damage shield is extremely easy to take down for instance a build with 38k magicka would have a damage shield of around a 6k harness or 8k dampen. Which would really only absorb 1 or 2 attacks so after a single combo your shield would be down. A couple days ago I had a nightblade who executed me with killers blade through my healing ward. So I've switched back to heavy lol because shields are weak unless you are a sorc or wear pirate skeleton

Honestly though, you should be able to execute someone through a Healing Ward. It's kind of ridiculous how tanky someone (even in 7 light) can become with only 2K health left.

You have to compare it to getting an instant burst heal instead. The heal will take you out of execute range but a shield won't.

And it shouldn't..

Care to elaborate?

Umm, a shield shouldn't take you out of execute range.

You are reiterating, I asked you to elaborate. That is, why do you think shields in general and Healing Ward specifically shouldn't take you out of execute range.

I think I'm slightly going off path from my original comment. So I will try to relate it to that.

Being able to throw on a ward which negates the opportunity for crit dmg, on top of passives like undeath, with 3K health left, makes executes hit like noodles. I think if you could crit shields (Healing Ward), then your executes may actually execute.

FriedEggSandwich I know this.

But this is the point. As had been said:

Healing Ward is designed as a burst heal though unlike other burstheals it heals much less when spammed, can not be used very well on several allies and leaves you more vulnerable to executes than other burstheals. Anyone would just laugh at you if you continued to spam Executioner on a Templar after his Breath of Life. Against Healing Ward you retain the bonus damage and may or may not kill them with executes even after the Healing Ward.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can people stop talking about sorc and what is op or needs a nerf. I can guarantee that 90% of the people commenting on what needs a change have no idea what they are saying.

Get the **** off my sorc that you know nothing about.

A few people in here are providing correct information and they know who they are. The people who think matriarch is a viable heal. gtfo
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Can people stop talking about sorc and what is op or needs a nerf. I can guarantee that 90% of the people commenting on what needs a change have no idea what they are saying.

A few people in here are providing correct information and they know who they are. The people who think matriarch is a viable heal. gtfo

Do you need some salt for your fries?

And yes Matriarch is a viable heal L2P.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 11, 2017 7:35PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Duel? I'll show you that you are the one who needs to l2p
    Double barring a pet that easily dies, gets confused. Has a 1.5 sec cast that can be bashed is not a viable option for a pvp heal.

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »

1 shield is weak multiple which only magic sorcs have access to are pretty strong combo.

Can we all agree that pirate skeleton is the biggest problem with shields now? Without pirate, you can usually CC a sorc at the end of one shield and burst through the other.

With pirate, and the 30% damage decrease its kind of ridiculous.
    Like someone said before the issues currently is set and CP. Some sets now make it so sorc never run out of magic and with CP they can have good stam recovery.Personally I don't want Sorcs nerf but something have to happen they are a head of other classes by a lot in multiple parts of the game be it pvp and pve.

Next patch the cost reduction CP will be gone, and stamina/Magicka CP is cut in half.

Everyone is going to be skint on resources, including mag Sorcs. The whole 'infinite sustain' that both block builds and shield stackers enjoy is going away.

Nope it's not going away, but it will be a trade off, much more than it is today.
    You can test this your self by respecing and just not putting all your CPs into play.

You can stack sustain for a trollololo type thing and hit like a wet noodle, or you can Yolo it and not be able to 1vX effectively.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come at me with that pet heal build, and you like all the others will die.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Duel? I'll show you that you are the one who needs to l2p
    Double barring a pet that easily dies, gets confused. Has a 1.5 sec cast that can be bashed is not a viable option for a pvp heal.

-Shield it and it won't die plus it heals itself when you heal yourself

-In Morrowind just Heavy attack the target and it will attack it.

- Kite daedric mines/streak and no one is bashing you bruh

You can do it I beleive in you.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 11, 2017 10:27PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come at me with that pet heal build, and you like all the others will die.

you can look up pet Sorc builds on YouTube, these guys do excellent, why can't you?
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭
    fix sorc class , nerf them before its too late !
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game