The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

M'aiq's Words of Wisdom/I Like M'aiq (achievement) - locations of M'aiq in every zone!

• Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M'aiq also appears in Glenumbra on the small island within the small pond just south of the grind spot outside the Lion Guard Redoubt (Pond is just the other side of the farm buildings).

Don't have screenshots but have seen him there twice.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People talk about noon, morning and sunrise in shadowfen, I cant even find the sun!
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    People talk about noon, morning and sunrise in shadowfen, I cant even find the sun!

I usually don't look. But I have seen the sun in Shadowfens a couple of times.
    Usually during a fight for some reason.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 13, 2014 2:38PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • wolfaust
    wolfaust
    ✭✭✭
    Gotcha! :D

2dv7t6h.jpg

PS: Sorry for the wrong cursor direction. :)
    Options
  • Lobharvey
    Lobharvey
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi's Roost:
    I found him at 33/30.
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, still can't find him...
    maiq1.jpg
    Lol, seriously though, thanks for the excellent guide!
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    No problem, mate!

Lol, man! Nice screenshot. :D
    Options
  • Hyperanon
    Hyperanon
    Soul Shriven
    Still no M´aiq in Couldharbour i think?
    Options
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently no, here's the answer someone was given by CS.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1065733#Comment_1065733
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
    Options
  • Nachtrabe
    Nachtrabe
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming I found him here in Coldharbour..
    http://s1.postimg.org/knhyx3umm/M_aiq9.jpg
    Edited by neiljwd on August 7, 2014 10:20AM
    Options
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Checked two locations for him in Grahtwood and no luck. I found his empty camp nearby every time.. surely there is a third, but I don't know where else to look. I used the loc here and on UESP. >.<
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
    Options
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found two I listed here, don't know if they are the same you have already looked for.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/776826/#Comment_776826
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
    Options
  • foster630
    foster630
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed, M'aiq is in Coldharbour:
    He spawned about 13:15 CET+1 and was there till 14:00.

Couldharbour

Also in Glenumbra I found M'aiq in this location:
    Glenumbra

Options
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another M'aiq location in Coldharbour:
    EKYBEI7.jpg
    Edited by GaldorP on August 13, 2014 1:07PM
    Options
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread! I finally got the achievement the other day after a group of us staked out various rumored locations in Coldharbour. We finally found him here:

vNo2d6D.png

We held a M'aiq party:

G98wXLo.png
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
    CP 2200+, playing since beta.
    Options
  • sweetsapling
    Haha, M'Aiq DOES look raher surprised at your party - great idea to stake him out B) I'm hunting him in Bangkorai to finally get the achievement - if only the servers weren't down I bet I would have made it by now :o
    Epitaph: Here lies Lester Moore
    graffiti underneath: No Les No Moore
    Options
  • Vulpi42
    Vulpi42
    Soul Shriven
    This guide has been great! I am currently trying to track him down in Deshaan to finish off the EP areas.

I did find him in Coldharbor, so apparently that's fixed. He was NW of the Hollow City up against the Reaver Citadel cliffs.
    Options
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I trust this guide, its almost a stupid waste of time. Ive spent so much time here and there throughout the months and he just doesn't spawn where hes supposed to be. To hell with it.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    While I trust this guide, its almost a stupid waste of time. Ive spent so much time here and there throughout the months and he just doesn't spawn where hes supposed to be. To hell with it.

Only took a few weeks for me to track him down everywhere, though there were a few locations I thought he would never appear. Then, there he was. I haven't looked at this thread in a long while, so maybe it's been mentioned, but the Destinations add-on will help knock out this achievement if you reconsider quitting.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Junipus is right about M'aiq's location in Glenumbra. I was searching day after day at that area that was shown in this guide map. Until I found Junipus's post. He's located South West of the Lion Guard Redoubt near the point of interest Gaudet farm that's swarming with Zombies and is on the tiny Island in the middle of the mass of water South West of the point of interest.

Thanks @Junipus you helped me get the final location for the achievement (:
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on August 7, 2016 2:28PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Sirriamnis
    Sirriamnis
    Soul Shriven
    I just found him in Deshaan at Smuggler's Slip , on the platform itself.

Weirdly, Coldharbour is always the first place I find him, just outside the Hollow City walls. Sorry, can't remember exactly where but it looks like others have covered that above.
    Options