The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank need help with Vhrc

Gnaru
Gnaru
Hi guys i've done my 1 run of vrhc 1 hour ago as DK , and when i arrived at the last boss i was totally useless, i explain better.
i died nearly always when the boss used his multi heavy strike ability i had enough stamina but, i can get 2 3 hits but the 4th it's too much, i don't know if it's my problem or an healing problem (never seen an healing on me in that phase that heal me up) i used guard all the time up to mitigate dmg obviously.
Someone can help me?
there's all my gear stats:
ebony set 5 piece heavy legendary (infused sturdy traits)
bloodspawn set 2 pieces heavy legendary (infised sturdy traits)
plague doctor 1h shield weapon and necklace (defending

stats BUFFED food, various buff:
Spell resistance: 32084
Phisical resistance : 29300
stamina :21510
magika:19311
healt:41580

i don't know maybe i'm skipping some particular mechanic that improve damage i take from multi charged heavy attacks.
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use gdb or vigor in this phase or magmashell/corosiv armoar ultimate
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spam Igneous Shields, put more points into Healing received. Tell your healers to stop healing DPS's when only the tanks is getting hit. Make them put down their extended ritual(or other morph) so you can stand in it and for them to try and keep up mutagen/rapid regen and for them to spam healing springs during those channeled sweeps attacks. With what you are running and that you said you already have guard its a healer problem more so than a tank problem, I know for experience that a lot of healers aren't used to this heavy focus on the tank, and for some reason a lot of healers spam healing springs on nothing but the DPS's while they are currently taking NO DAMAGE, and then the Tanks get rekt cause of it.

Side note, obviously don't forget to keep Minor Maim up.
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    One of the healers should constantly be healing you through that stage even the best tanks on the game can't handle those attacks only every other when their magma armour pops.

Easy to feel discouraged after that fight but if you could stand in the 1st boss spin it's down to your healers to assign one to always heal you through this phase.

Unless I'm wrong and I've been carried all this time...
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that u can do is use histbark or shuffle, this will proc almost every time he does the sweeps. For your part, cast vigor right before the sweeps and spam shields. Your stam pool might be in trouble though with your stats. Also use tristate pots and consume them while he's doin the sweeps to get an extra heal in.

Or you could reroll Templar tank and be way more survivable. This is my favorite fight to tank.
  • Gnaru
    Gnaru
    Tank you guys for your answers, you made my doubts confirmed:healing problem here, so now i put 100 pt in hardy (before was 35)and i try to spam vigor before he hit me.
    @Gaggin i don't think templare have more surv in confront of dk.
    Edited by Gnaru on April 3, 2017 8:11AM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardy is a must for this fight, you want as much mitigation as possible.

You could become a vamp for damage reduction when you fall to 50%.

I do magma shell when he does it but its not always ready, maybe every 2nd or 3rd time, can't remember.

If no magma shell i personally spam igneous shield on the 100 cuts thingy and if I notice I'm low I hit green dragon blood.

I also use hist bark for this fight.

I dunno why both healers aren't getting you in their healing springs, both should be reaching you. Maybe they stopped to pew pew.

Ive had this happen many times when plugging vhrc.

Guild run different.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Spam igneous shield during this phase.
    2. Have 100 points in hardy.
    3. Be a vampire.
    4. Vitality potions are still very strong in this fight.

On a sidenote, I see many people yet again blaming healers. Sure, that is the easy route you can take. Even with bad healers this fight is doable. If things get ugly DODGE. If you're 20% health F positioning, you get out of the way. One dodgerol will dodge all the channel hits.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and absorb magic (morph of defensive posture) helps too.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the later phases, but at the start you could drag the boss over near a pillar so you're standing next to a wall. Then when he does that heavy attack block the first couple then roll dodge into the wall. Since you've roll dodged into the wall, you won't move much and the boss stays put, but you also get the 100% dodge bonus.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys. why dont i see any of the responses mentioning this (especially you @Woeler )

have someone run Guard (Alliance War Skill) on the tank.

The damage from the warriors 6 hit thousand cuts combo is percentage based. Ive seen a tank with 52k HP drop from it and a tank with 29k HP drop from it which leads me to believe it is a hard mechanic damage is percentage based on the Tanks health. both tanks had full phys resistance hard cap. you seriously have the following options here:
    1. Have someone run guard on the MT (usually Off tank or a DPS)
    2. Magma Shell on the combo (it will not be up every single time)
    3. Dodge the final two hits (so let the first two hits go through, then dodge roll which will avoid dmg for the rest of the combo)

You can have one healer just totally focus on you and you have to call it but thats sooooo inefficient.

like seriously, seeing these responses blaming healers, saying you need 100 in hardy, spamming GDB, and running Absorb Magicka (what is magicka about that attack?!?!) like, its all unnecessary.

Run guard --> Warrior is trivial for tank.
    Edited by Rickter on April 3, 2017 2:30PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Guys. why dont i see any of the responses mentioning this (especially you @Woeler )

The damage from the warriors 6 hit thousand cuts combo is percentage based. Ive seen a tank with 52k HP drop from it and a tank with 29k HP drop from it which leads me to believe it is a hard mechanic damage is percentage based on the Tanks health. both tanks had full phys resistance hard cap. you seriously have the following options here:
    1. Have someone run guard on the MT (usually Off tank or a DPS)
    2. Magma Shell on the combo (it will not be up every single time)
    3. Dodge the final two hits (so let the first two hits go through, then dodge roll which will avoid dmg for the rest of the combo)

You can have one healer just totally focus on you and you have to call it but thats sooooo inefficient.

like seriously, seeing these responses blaming healers, saying you need 100 in hardy, spamming GDB, and running Absorb Magicka (what is magicka about that attack?!?!) like, its all unnecessary.

Run guard --> Warrior is trivial for tank.

@Rickter
    Because OP already said he has guard on him...........
    Edited by paulsimonps on April 3, 2017 2:31PM
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnaru wrote: »
    @Gaggin i don't think templare have more surv in confront of dk.
    Well you say your dk is dying with guard, my templar tank does not without guard, so there is THAT.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i used guard all the time up to mitigate dmg obviously.
    Edited by Woeler on April 3, 2017 9:46PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP,

If you are still struggilng here after taking @Woeler advice, try attempting to switch out 5 Plague Doctor for 5 Footman's or 5 Ward or Cyrodiil. Make sure you have Defensive Posture on your bar as well. If you're a DK, you might be able to utilize Ferocious Leap & Igneous Shield spam. If you have no source of evasion, Hit Bark could replace Ebon.

I am of the opinion that dodge rolling will be the best method, but if timing/lag is an issue then you need to gear appropriately to meet the requirements. Point being is that buffing your team is useless if you cannot stay alive. You are a learning tank and your group should be aware that because you are learning, concessions to raid buffs will need to be made to ensure that you can effectively do your job.
    Edited by usmcjdking on April 4, 2017 12:07AM
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he running guard on another person or being guarded by another person, it's unclear from his post and makes a big difference.
    To be clear, someone other than you OP needs to running guard and have it tethered on you.
    Personally i use chudan for this fight and just hit gdb throughout the 2nd half of the flurry, and can survive without guard and even if i don't get healed through it.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and running Absorb Magicka (what is magicka about that attack?!?!)

This skill also increases the damage you can block by 8%, its multiplicative but it all helps. And if you get hit by the mages you just heal.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had the same problem. I died all the time while holding block, warded, with evasion from shuffle active - it's only 15% dodge chance (Hist bark gives the same effect while blocking), you don't proc every time as someone said earlier - with dragon blood active, and vigor ticking while I was spamming ingenous shield and sitting on ring of preservation. I also do heroic slash on the boss so he was debuffed by 15%. So I had basically every possible buff and debuff active but the last sweep always killed me. My physical resistance is not that high, just under 28K or so, but pushing it to 33K would only amount to just 2-3% more mitigation overall, clearly not enough to keep me alive since every swipe was hitting me for ~70% - I do think it's percentage based since, as someone pointed out because the percentage seemed the same for 28K health or 35K health (different consumable used) and the extra health in the 2nd case didn't seem to help me a bit there. I've found 2 solutions to that problem:
    - either use an off-tank with guard at the final boss, but that seemed to slow the DPS down quite a bit in the preceding fights, especially when the group splits left/right; the fight downstairs was much quicker when I ran as single tank and I can handle the boss and all the adds with no trouble - maybe the solution is to have a flexible offtank, that can DPS for the rest of the trial and only change gear at the end
    - or roll dodge during the channel, after the 1st or the 2nd swipe so the 3rd and 4th are avoided - but always away from the group, so the cleave attack doesn't hit them. For example as they are sitting on the blue circle on the right (facing towards the end of the room) where "increase damage" message pops up, and keeping the boss on the pedestal, I dodge to the left and end of the room so he turns a bit away from them but still stays in their AoE.
    Edited by Asardes on April 4, 2017 10:22AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its percentage based hard mechanic. literally saw Petros F******g with 52k hp drop to this attack. its a hard mechanic. (this was when the dungeon was first scaled to CP160 so everyone was just finding this out)

running Guard on the MT was the big discovery. It was the big work around. No one should be having problems with Guard on them. I tanked this boss last wednesday with 5 medium armor. 26k phys resistance. 32k hp.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Gnaru
    Gnaru
    Well well i think i wrote a misunderstanding thing, with GUARD i meaning shield up, right mouse click (sorry my english is really bad), so i solved the problem in this way:

1)Roll dodge after u toke THE FIRST HIT , whenever is possible (stam pool,out of stamina, boss positioning )
    2) 100 pt in hardy, be sure to have 28k at least phys res
    3)be sure to have heroic slash (-8% dmg taken) before that, igneus shield before the first hit than--->see point 1, and finally i'm using to gain additional phys resistance stone giant(minor resolve 1320 PS)
    3)Roles coordination, it's MAINLY that there's a comunication between you and healer on that phase
    4) finally if no of the above solution working i think you have to use an oOT with guard on you, use a healt reg potion and spam vigor before that hit.

i have no more problem, thank you for all tips u gave me.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3)be sure to have heroic slash (-8% dmg taken) before that, igneus shield before the first hit than--->see point 1, and finally i'm using to gain additional phys resistance stone giant(minor resolve 1320 PS)

i have no more problem, thank you for all tips u gave me.

You can remove stone giant from your rotation, mainly because 1.3K extra resistance is negligible. You will only get about ~2% mitigation before block which translates to less than ~1% extra mitigation while blocking. Additionally the same bonus is received from Combat Prayer skill used by the healer. Assuming the healers stay with the DD pack, casting that skill will also hit the tank which is in front of them. Identical bonuses don't stack so IMO you should drop stone giant and replace with another skill on your main bar.

I use something like that:
    Front Bar: Pierce Armor | Heroic Slash | Absorb Magic | Resolving Vigor | Ingenous Shield | U: Replenishing Barrier
    Back Bar: Inner Rage | Ring of Preservation | Green Dragon Blood | Shuffle | Volatile Armor | U: Aggressive Warhorn

Gear is:
    5 Tava's Favor (heavy chest, medium hands, light waist, shields, swords)
    5 Ebon Armory (heavy feet & legs, rings, necklace)
    2 Bloodspawn / 2 Lord Warden (none are very useful in this fight, so I will probably swap to 2 Scource Harvester for the extra healing received in future runs)

Traits:
    Healthy jewelry - I can also change the neck for an arcane unique piece for a bit more magicka, block cost reduction enchants
    Armor: Infused: chest, shields, legs, head and divines: shoulders, waist, feet, hand, prismatic defense enchants (tri-glyph)
    Weapons: defending swords

Mundus: atronach

Consumable: Ghastly eye bowl (maximum magicka + magicka recovery)

My stats are: 18K magicka | 27.8K health | 24K stamina | 1.5K magicka recovery | 27.8K phys resist | 30.5K spell resist

I didn't invest any CP in magicka recovery but I can boost that as high as 1.9K though I doubt that's necessary as I spam skills and hardly run out, especially if the healer is also throwing a stray orb at me from time to time and running Worm Cult. I did invest 100 CP in stamina cost reduction (Warlord) and another 100 CP in Tenacity so I can fill my stamina pool fast when I get the chance to do heavy attacks. The red points are 90 in Hardy 90 Elemental Defender 20 Thick Skinned - I actually use that on all my builds since it's pretty well rounded and I don't change it often. Blue points are not that important, but for optimal tank performance you can spec 100 Blessed and 100 Elfborn since you don't do damage anyway.

I keep skills that last around 20s on my back bar to minimize bar swap and the chances catch me when I do that while the skills which last less, and need to be cast more often are placed on my front bar for convenience.

I only use Inner rage as emergency taunt if for some reason I've lost aggro on the boss (ex. I've died and just got ressed while the boss is rampaging). Ring of preservation adds an incoming damage reduction which is sometimes useful to melee DDs that stand near the tank, rather than the tank itself. I only use it sometimes. Green dragon blood adds healh regeneration and healing received. Shuffle basically adds a RNG mitigation which is very good overall, and also procs Tava's Favor when you dodge - the other morph wouldn't have made much sense because I only use 1 piece of medium, for the undaunted mettle, so the extra duration would have been negligible; shuffle is definitely better in PvP for the utility. I picked Volatile Armor since the shield from the other morph is negligible and only lasts 2.5s. Replenishing Barrier is actually very useful, both as an "oh xuth" option to save the group in some situations (ex. healer down) and for the passive from the Support skill line that adds magicka recovery - I actually try to stack as much as possible because most tanking utility skills are magicka, and I recover a bit of stamina by casting ingenous shield often from the helping hands passive. Stamina recovery makes little sense on a tank because it's reduced to 0 while blocking so magicka recovery doubles as such, if you are a DK.

I try to hit ingenous shield every 6s so I maximize ultimate regeneration and keep major mending up. I also try to keep vigor up to maximize healing, especially during the "thousand cuts, like blades in the wind" phase. Absorb Magic is there mostly for the blocking passive but for other boss fights also work as a pretty reliable heal if you cast it right before you are hit by a spell. Pierce armor and heroic slash are up all the time. I try to not over cast them to save resources, and when I cast them I always weave them with heavy attacks for cost refund and even more ultimate generation. Of course you can't be weaving heavy attacks during that sequence, so I will cast those right before it starts - it's pretty predictable. With this setup I can cast Warhorn every 45-50s or so.

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well well i think i wrote a misunderstanding thing, with GUARD i meaning shield up, right mouse click (sorry my english is really bad).

Ha-HA! thats hilarious. So my response was the only one worth a d**n because it was literally the right answer. you needed GUARD from ALLIANCE WAR.

take that 100 points OUT of hardy man, you are wasting your CP. and i dont even use Heroic slash. I know i should but im admitting (when most wont) that its not 100% uptime.

look, just get guard on you. thats it. Stalwart Guard is the popular morph. all you people sitting here trying to tell him how tanking should be done!! hahahahaha acting like tanking is a big science. dude just needed guard - like the rest of the eso population. he can still wear plague doctor, he doesnt need ALL THAT OTHER CRAP.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Gnaru
    Gnaru
    Ehehe thank you mate yea a little hilarious situation, i'm agree with you, overall...guard is the way!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well well i think i wrote a misunderstanding thing, with GUARD i meaning shield up, right mouse click (sorry my english is really bad).

Ha-HA! thats hilarious. So my response was the only one worth a d**n because it was literally the right answer. you needed GUARD from ALLIANCE WAR.

take that 100 points OUT of hardy man, you are wasting your CP. and i dont even use Heroic slash. I know i should but im admitting (when most wont) that its not 100% uptime.

look, just get guard on you. thats it. Stalwart Guard is the popular morph. all you people sitting here trying to tell him how tanking should be done!! hahahahaha acting like tanking is a big science. dude just needed guard - like the rest of the eso population. he can still wear plague doctor, he doesnt need ALL THAT OTHER CRAP.

Why not use Heroic slash? Seems like an incredible waste. Even if its not 100% up time even a 90% up time would make it worth it. Damage mitigation for everyone in your team on any AoE a Boss might do and Ulti gen. Why do you not use it?

And to be fair, he did confuse all of us by actually saying he had guard but meant damage shield, which makes no god damn sense but whatever. And while yes you can go with super HP builds and what not, why settle for anything but the most optimal if you are wanting to do Veteran Trials? Why not push it? That is what makes theory crafting the science it can be.

And a lot of tanks I know change their CP to fit the fights, this is done mostly on Hardmodes mind you but I see no reason for him not to run 100p in Hardy on it if he got the money for it. During HM I do 100p Hardy and 100p Quick Recovery. All the mitigation you need and the most out of the heals. Don't see a reason for much else, especially since Thick Skin doesn't count for his Channeled Sweeps.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All that shows is that you can't read and that OP made a typo.

There was no mention of crap, everything everyone said is viable tactics for survival.

Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    Throw out plague doctor, take footman, use heroic slash. If you still die then your heals are noobs.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"I don't even use heroic slash, look mom how cool I am"

"I don't even use heroic slash, why would I get more ultimate and more horns? I just sit here and block, best tank ever"

"I don't even use heroic slash, 15% less damage done by the boss, meh DPS should judge dodge or get more health. I can't kee that skill up anyways. I just block"

Shall I write more or have you realized how utterly dumb your comments make you look? Then again, you are advocating for plague doctor, so you have no clue what you are talking about anyways.

Bad players are not a problem. They can be helped. Idiots with the 12 year old call of duty mentality that give bad advice can't.

Next time post more "hahaha" in caps. I'm sure it helps you make points. Or more "f****" like the cool kid you are.
    Edited by Woeler on April 9, 2017 11:27AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still got pretty much beat up, I died 3-4 times in the first minutes, even blocking and spamming ingenous and vigor because he was still depleting my health faster than it was filling. In the 2nd part the healers focused more and I didn't die at all. I was using exactly the same skills, gear, rotation, standing pretty much in the same place (on the pedestal).

I had active the following buffs:
    - Major Ward & Resolve from Volatile Armor
    - Minor Ward & Resolve from Combat Prayer (probably)
    - Minor Vitality (8% healing received) from Green Dragon Blood
    - Burning Heart passive (12% healing received)
    - Major Mending (6% healing done) from Ingenous Shield spam every second during the channel - vigor was constantly ticking
    - Minor protection (8% less damage received) from Ring of Preservation
    - Heroic Slash (15% less damage done by boss) from Heroic Slash
    - 8% more damage blocking because I was also slotting Absorb Magic on my bar

My conclusion is that in that phase both healers should just heal the tank, because the rest of the group doesn't take damage, unless they are staying with the tank which they shouldn't. I can also try using major vitality potions to get even more healing received but from what I remember those were nerfed at some point and the duration of that effect reduced.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    If dps stacks up correctly then the tank is getting hit by extended ritual, healing springs, orbs, bol, combat prayer. This is why or a good to have a good group to pull off trials and their mechanics.