Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Iron ore?

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I can easily craft steel stuffs and almost orichalc, but is it just me ore now it's impossible to find iron ore?

Thank you

Best Answer

• lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    This happened with One Tamriel. Wherever you harvest nodes now, the game gives you what is appropriate for your characters level (both actual level and crafting level based on skillpoints). It's a bit of a pain to be honest. If you've passed the point at which you get iron ore, you'll have to either create a new character to mine it with or obtain it from others.
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
    Answer ✓
  • Mordors
    Mordors
    ✭✭✭
    i think the nodes of the iron will progress the level of ur Blacksmithing like you gave point to use the high level meterial the first one in the list as far as i remember

so to give a example if it is 1/8 you will get the first level of iron

if its 8/8 you will get rubedite

Correct me if im wrong tho ^^ :)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finding ore of different levels depends on your own actual Level and CP and how many skill points you have into your crafting. For example as a max leveled toon with maxed crafting you can't find anything but Rubedite. But if I am max leveled but no crafting skills at all then half of all I find will be iron and the other half rubedite.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok thx. Before it was only Iron ore in starting area. I was looking for this to create object and sell or give to new players.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, in some ways One Tamriel was a good idea, but it sucks for anyone who wants to craft for others of different levels, and who don't want to do writs to get random shipments of low level mats, that never have enough in one crate to make a full set of gear.