The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for CoS skin acheivements

pizzaow
pizzaow
✭✭✭
Looking for pro-tips for completing the no-death, speed run and HM CoS challenges.
e.g. Are there any mobs that can be skipped for speed run? invisibility potions?

I'll start:
* For the first Boss (Sithera), you can pull her back into the cave and keep her close to the brazier... she won't extinguish it and the small spiders will stack up nicely.
* For Dranos, when he becomes invulnerable (and the red flaming adds spawn) have the tank kite Dranos by each add (the dps can just hang out by the door). He will 1-shot each add and you'll get an achievement.
XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »
    Looking for pro-tips for completing the no-death, speed run and HM CoS challenges.
    e.g. Are there any mobs that can be skipped for speed run? invisibility potions?

I'll start:
    * For the first Boss (Sithera), you can pull her back into the cave and keep her close to the brazier... she won't extinguish it and the small spiders will stack up nicely.
    * For Dranos, when he becomes invulnerable (and the red flaming adds spawn) have the tank kite Dranos by each add (the dps can just hang out by the door). He will 1-shot each add and you'll get an achievement.

Thanks for the first one, will try that. For Dranos if your tanks is a DK he can do it even faster by Chaining in the adds.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On last boss when you get banished to the catacombs, never backtrack. Take the "longer" route going kind of back first so you run all the doors from left to right or right to left and don't have to retrace your steps. Don't give the hoarvor more chances to shred you than they already have.

If you do run into hoarvor, don't bother fighting them, cc them and roll dodge through them.

When you're about to be back from the catacombs, check where the other 2 are and if they're behind, wait for them if possible. If hoarvor catch up you'll have to jump, but you can usually wait some. Don't stand on the actual ledge too or she will teleport you down, stay inside.
    If you're tank&healer you can jump down without too much issue but if you're 2 squishy dps and your tank with healer are barely halfway through their maze, you are going to have a bad time with Veli down there on your own.

Velidreth will spawn the resource draining spores based on the highest resource of the person whose ultimate she gobbles up(and she'll gobble up the person with highest ultimate). So if you make sure your tank's highest resource is health, have him slot his costliest ultimate and never use it, you'll only ever have health spores which you can generally heal through.
    It's also a lot easier to avoid her spores by the wall rather than in the center. Some wall is better for this than others but I'm too topographically challenged to remember which :p Personally I like having her by the wall opposite to the statue so that orb of spite has longer to travel to us. Maybe it's placebo effect but I feel it's easier to avoid this way.

CoS is pretty easy up to the last boss imo, first 3 bosses are more or less just "don't stand in red", Dranos isn't so bad either.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not looking to get the skins just yet but just looking for my first run through for an attempt on a helm but these tips looks like they'll help me a lot, especially the one about the DK tank slotting his highest ultimate!