Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PS4 Pro Options

Roguish98
Roguish98
✭✭
Hello,

I have the game installed to my PS4 Pro and the console is hooked up to a 1080p television. My understanding is that there are two options for PS4 Pro owners, (1) a 4K mode and (2) a 1080p enhanced mode. When I log in to the game, I do not see options for either mode. Please advise.

Thank you!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's in the video setting. Might not be available if not on a 4k tv
  • Roguish98
    Roguish98
    ✭✭
    Thank you kylewwefan.

I do not have options aside from brightness and screen size available in video settings.

Therefore, my next question is:

If playing on PS4 Pro hooked to a 1080p tv, am I playing in 1080p enhanced mode by default, or am I playing the base version of the game?

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would guess 1080 p regular. But I really don't know for sure. There's also some different things in the console settings for the HDR ......it's not like 1080 P is bad or anything. LOL!.
  • Roguish98
    Roguish98
    ✭✭
    I agree. 1080p resolution is fine for me. I would however like to be able to access better visuals or framerate if that is what comes with having 1080p enhanced mode activated.

• Claise
    Claise
    Soul Shriven
    I agree, it is very strange that on PS4 Pro on a 1080p only set the enhanced visuals aren't on by default! You would think on a new and more powerful console you would want the visual improvements on by default instead of it looking like the regular old PS4.

I think this may be a bug though because if you hook up a 4K TV to the PS4 Pro and set the game to Enhanced Mode, save, then hook it back to a 1080p only set, the enhanced graphics are there but the option is still missing from the video menu to enable or disable, so I'd say it's definitely supposed to be there. Or at least the game is coded to already have the enhanced graphics for 1080p only sets, there is just something that is preventing it from being used.

ZOS needs to look at this thread and confirm that there is a fix on the way for this as it hurts users who only have access to 1080p sets.
  • Roguish98
    Roguish98
    ✭✭
    I see. That is perplexing that 1080p options would not be available for 1080p television sets.

Like you, I will hope to get clarification from a ZOS representative.
  • Roguish98
    Roguish98
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you able to provide guidance on whether or not "1080p Enhanced" mode is available to PS4 Pro owners hooked up to a 1080p television?

Thank you
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327807/solved-how-to-ps4-pro-graphics-bug-downgrade-on-1080p-only-displays#latest

That's a workaround... But, it HAS to be a bug. I really hope they are working on a fix :(
  • Roguish98
    Roguish98
    ✭✭
    I created a ticket to ZOS technical support, asking if "1080p enhanced mode" was available to PS4 Pro owners using a 1080p television set. Below is the response I received. I found the response to not be helpful.
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Haha it is not looking good for us, I'm afraid!
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Bummmmmp! Maybe part of the patchsie poo in june????
  • Lexcro
    Lexcro
    ✭✭
    I am running a PS4 Pro/1080p Sony Bravia 40inch TV and can confirm that the 1080p enhanced mode does not work.

As others have said there is no option to enable and I don't have 4K tv to do the workaround.....

A response from ZOS would be great as I bought the PRO primarily for this game and the advertised improved graphics.
    People deserve to be treated with respect, even on the internet.
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Buuuuummmmp
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    bumping this till the day i die tbh
  • sechelinge_
    sechelinge_
    Soul Shriven
    Bump to.
    Having the same problem as discussed in this thread.

I have contacted the support team from ESO, they told me to see that with the SONy support team.

Apparently, its not their problem.

So i wonder why advertise ESO 1080P enhanced option for 1080 tv set while u need a 4K tv to actually use it.

Also, the support team at eso is not capable to answer this simple question : does this option is automaticly activated (1080P enhanced) while you connect your ps4 pro to a 1080P tv set.

Maybe no one of the dev@team tested this option 1080P enhanced ON a 1080P tv set. BUT they still made advertise for it.

Thank you ESO for your "support". Apparently u do not know what you'r sellling :)

• nucl1
    nucl1
    Soul Shriven
    Bump to.
    Having the same problem as discussed in this thread.

I have contacted the support team from ESO, they told me to see that with the SONy support team.

Apparently, its not their problem.

So i wonder why advertise ESO 1080P enhanced option for 1080 tv set while u need a 4K tv to actually use it.

Also, the support team at eso is not capable to answer this simple question : does this option is automaticly activated (1080P enhanced) while you connect your ps4 pro to a 1080P tv set.

Maybe no one of the dev@team tested this option 1080P enhanced ON a 1080P tv set. BUT they still made advertise for it.

Thank you ESO for your "support". Apparently u do not know what you'r sellling :)

Bump again. Same after latest big patch. Still not resolved
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I wouldn't like it to be enabled by default. It causes more stutter and more fps drops than it's worth (which was very disappointing after all the hassle of moving the console to connect it to an actual 4k TV to change this). An option for roleplayers would be great, but I would still leave it disabled most of the time. The game performance on PS4 Pro is terrible at best. I've never had the standard PS4, so I can't really compare. I can live with 30fps, if it's mostly stable (though it always causes some issues when I get back to console after playing for an extended period on PC, where it rarely dips below 100).
  • CommanderROR
    I've been switching between 1080P enhanced and 4K on my 4K TV yesterday and can't decide which one is better.
    In areas with lots or water the 1080P is much better, because of the reflections, in other areas the 4K seems a little brighter and clearer...both run quite well as long as there isn't too much going on. In busy areas this might be different, but I usually don't see that many players on screen at the same time.
    Worse than occasionally dropping frames is the server lag that happens a little too often and causes weird glitches like spells not firing and so on...
  • mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I don't see this 1080p enhanced graphics option for eso on my PS4 Pro wtf going on other games take advantage of 1080p only hdtvs such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Rise Of Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XV, NBA 2K17, Nioh, Injustice 2, Middle Earth, Second son and First Light and the list goes on so how hard is it to add 1080p enhanced for 1080p only hdtvs because i had a 4ktv but it had no hdr so i took it back because 4ktvs with hdr are very expensive so i would love these enhancements on my 1080p hdtv zenimax.
  • Dudgeon
    Dudgeon
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

I've got an easier, and much cheaper, fix for this issue. Specifically the issue of "1080p Enhanced/4K" options not being available to us users of PS4 Pros with native 1080 screens.

Here's how I got it working:
    1. Download PC or Mac PS4 Remote Play from Sony https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html
    2. Configure PS4 Remote Play to connect to your PS4 over your network.
    3. Turn off your PS4 Pro and unplug the HDMI cable from your PlayStation to your TV or Receiver.
    4. Turn the PS4 Pro back on while still disconnected from any HDMI output.
    5. Log on to your PS4 with remote play. The PS4 Pro will default to a 4k output. This cannot even be changed in the display settings. Your Display Info should show a 4K output.
    6. Boot up ESO, log in and check that the Video settings in ESO now show "1080p Enhanced" and "4K" options.
    7. You can now plug your HDMI back in and log out of remote play. The new options for "1080p Enhanced" should remain available to you regardless of your TV's EDID info, similar to connecting a 4K display like the previous fix.

All the best
  • Evgenius_Taurus
    Evgenius_Taurus
    Soul Shriven
    Dear Dudgeon,

I tried your workaround and it worked! In 1080p enhanced the graphics look much better. However, if I turn off my PS4 Pro and then log back in without connecting to RemotePlay "1080p Enhanced" and "4K" options disappear. Does it mean that I will have to perform the workaround every time I want to play ESO? Or does it save the 1080p enhanced setting after you do the workaround for the first time?
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    Check if you see water reflections, that's how to tell if enhanced mode is still on. Check for comparison screenshots here (second post)

The 4K/enhanced graphics options disappear when hooked up to a 1080p screen, no matter if enhanced mode is enabled or not. That is the way ZOS wants it to be... Which is ridiculous imo :)
    Edited by MasturCheef on June 29, 2017 1:58PM
  • Evgenius_Taurus
    Evgenius_Taurus
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the tip. I checked water reflections, and they are still there. 4k/enhanced options are gone. but it seems that the game saved 1080p enhanced setting, which is nice. Still, I would prefer that the game runs in default 1080p enhanced on all PS4 Pros when connected to a 1080p display.

P.S.: I tried the same workaround with my PS Vita. It also works. So if you don't want to install RemotePlay and connect your controller to a PC, you can use Vita to switch to 1080p enhanced.
    Edited by Evgenius_Taurus on June 29, 2017 3:25PM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip. I checked water reflections, and they are still there. 4k/enhanced options are gone. but it seems that the game saved 1080p enhanced setting, which is nice. Still, I would prefer that the game runs in default 1080p enhanced on all PS4 Pros when connected to a 1080p display.

P.S.: I tried the same workaround with my PS Vita. It also works. So if you don't want to install RemotePlay and connect your controller to a PC, you can use Vita to switch to 1080p enhanced.

Just don't delete the games save on your console - that's where the data about that are saved. Otherwise you can log in/off as many times as you want - it will stay.
    Edited by aishsha on June 30, 2017 1:57AM
  • mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks this actually works until zos add it in next patch i hope.
  • BoBo17
    BoBo17
    Soul Shriven
    Work around doesn't work for me - remote play seems to default to 1080p
  • BoBo17
    BoBo17
    Soul Shriven
    Sorted - user error -that fix works - cheers