The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Feature With Morrowind: Ability Reskinning

SirMewser
SirMewser
✭✭✭✭✭
With the collectors edition of Morrowind comes a new feature that allows ability reskinning, allowing the Warden's brown bear be turned into a grey one.
In the recent ESO live that started today, March 31st at 3:00pm EDT, the interface to apply said skin was shown in the collections menu (respectively).
This suggest that other ability reskins could (probably will) be added to the game, what does the community think of this system and what would you like to see be added?

I personally would like to reskin my volatile familiar to a stonefire scamp, I don't know if particle effects will be changed for any abilities as this could be confusing to other players in pvp in terms of what they are up against, but personally am okay if that becomes the extent of this new system.
Edited by SirMewser on March 31, 2017 8:45PM
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would be cool. I would like for Templars yellow animations to be a darker black color for evil Templars
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ability skins are incredible and would be a perfect addition for the cash shop.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this will effects on performance bc the system has to check more variables but I'd like to reskin some of the sorcerer buffs. All this blue/ purple stuff swirling around me makes me dizzy. Maybe change them to white or to something more obvious, e.g. the crystal frag proc visual to ... dunno, somethings else.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to reskin the nightblade's red daggers to normal looking daggers, preferably even the ones I use. It would be a dream come true...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Reskinning my Clannfear would be nice.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • clocksstoppe
      clocksstoppe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cmetzger93 wrote: »
      Yes that would be cool. I would like for Templars yellow animations to be a darker black color for evil Templars

I couldn't cringe harder when reading this post. Good job edgelord.
    • Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nightblade reskins:
      Necromancer - alters all of the "red" nightblade effects to a soulful blue-purple like necromancer npcs use.
      Skeletons - alters the shades abilities to summon skeletons instead of shadowy figures.

Dragonknight reskins:
      Fel fire - alters all fire abilities to a green colored fire, more suitable for stamina dks.
      Vampire lord - alters the dragon leap and reflective scales abilities to have more bat/gargoyle-like wings instead of dragon wings.

Templar reskins:
      Dark templar - all yellow ability effects are recolored a mix of black / purple to resemble daedric Magic instead of Aedric.

Sorceror reskins:
      Scamp -> stonefire scamp
      Clannfear -> daedroth
      Storm atronach -> daedric dragon thing (forgot the name)
      Twilights -> dremora seducer

Warden reskins
      Bear -> grey war bear
      Bear -> senche-raht
      Bear -> dire wolf
      Bear -> wamasu?
      Cliff racer -> crow/eagle
      Netch -> thunderbug / shalk
      Edited by Lynx7386 on March 31, 2017 9:17PM
      PS4 / NA
      M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
      Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
      Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
      Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
      Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think it's nothing more than consideration for pets only.

I wouldn't attempt to draw any ideas that non pet cosmetic changes are up for consideration.

It would be more likely that spell crafting would come offer such vs a skill re-skin idea
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • acw37162
      acw37162
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pets yes I think Morrowid is the test for tech.

Abilities, no they were also very specific each class was given a specific color key doubt very seriously they are going to much the game messaging of skills.
    • Alpheu5
      Alpheu5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Seeing this brought this thread back to my mind.
      Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
      Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    • cmetzger93
      cmetzger93
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cmetzger93 wrote: »

I couldn't cringe harder when reading this post. Good job edgelord.

Lol guess I don't get it what's the problem again?
    • klowdy1
      klowdy1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want a new skin for my jab. Actually, since I see so much jabbing going on, I want like 10 new skins, so everyone doesn't look the same in a new color. Seriously though, new class skill skins would be awesome.
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      exeeter702 wrote: »
      ability skins are incredible and would be a perfect addition for the cash shop.

^^
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SirMewser wrote: »
      With the collectors edition of Morrowind comes a new feature that allows ability reskinning, allowing the Warden's brown bear be turned into a grey one.
      In the recent ESO live that started today, March 31st at 3:00pm EDT, the interface to apply said skin was shown in the collections menu (respectively).
      This suggest that other ability reskins could (probably will) be added to the game, what does the community think of this system and what would you like to see be added?

I personally would like to reskin my volatile familiar to a stonefire scamp, I don't know if particle effects will be changed for any abilities as this could be confusing to other players in pvp in terms of what they are up against, but personally am okay if that becomes the extent of this new system.

I just want my scamp to look like a normal, light-brown colored scamp. A higher resolution winged twilight would be neat, too.
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Nemesis7884
      Nemesis7884
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i also think its only gonna be pets for recognition reasons.... but it would be cool if you could have other pets, no only color wise but the pet itself....
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Some recolors for the clannfears, twilights and scamps would be nice. I like lavender, but it gets boring having them all the same. They don't have to be bright, obnoxious colors. They can be muted colors.

Not sure why they didn't give the bear more than one recolor. They could have done a couple more recolors to include with Morrowind. They should have at least included a black reskin as well.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 1, 2017 7:47AM
    • getemshauna
      getemshauna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want to shoot Chaos Bolt instead of spectral bow as Magblade...
      Founder of Call of the Undaunted
      Youtube Channel
    • Kay1
      Kay1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want my Dyz Blow to throw confetti.
      My Dark Deal to be a dance
      My crystal frag to be a chicken and my meteor to be Chuck Norris

Hopefully one day they will take my money again but this game doesn't have any Weapons/Spells skins and the costumes since Dark Brotherhood are disgusting so I suggest them to fire their style dev because the last time I saw someone with a costume that is not from a year ago it was one year ago.
      K1 The Big Monkey
    • EvilCroc
      EvilCroc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would really like ability color scheme changes in Crown Store.
      Yellow lightning for sorcs, blue flames for DK's, etc.
      Just disable them for PvP to prevent common whining.
    • Dragonking06
      Dragonking06
      ✭✭✭
      I'd like to see them give us the option to change the way our armor looked too. Tired of Dropped sets in styles that I don't like and all of my Motif Collection sitting there gathering dust. Still waiting to hear ANY mention about that one though... So I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.
      Edited by Dragonking06 on April 1, 2017 12:44PM
      PC - NA Server
      Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
      "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."