Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual wield swords..

waterfairy
waterfairy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Do they still provide a bonus to spell power? I don't notice a difference but iirc it wasn't a raw stat bonus in the character sheet but a bonus to spell damage on attack.

Best Answer

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, duel wield gives around 1600 Spell and weapon damage (golded) while a staff gives 1335, also you get the extra set piece and twin blade and blunt passive which increases damage done by 5%
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think so. The passive twin blade blunt is still affective and one gets an additional set bonus slot.

That's it.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hm... i want to say they do. but its not as much as it was before homestead.

I still back bar them on my mag sorc.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the answers
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, duel wield gives around 1600 Spell and weapon damage (golded) while a staff gives 1335, also you get the extra set piece and twin blade and blunt passive which increases damage done by 5%

Is this taking into consideration the 8% increase for Inferno/Lightning staves?
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Only inferno does 8% extra damage on single target abilities.

Lightening staff does splash damage and increases damage with aoe abilities
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1572 to be exact
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tool tips on passives now say something like using dual wield abilities.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Only inferno does 8% extra damage on single target abilities.

Lightening staff does splash damage and increases damage with aoe abilities

Yes, Lightning staff gives 8% damage to AOE abilities. So the question remains, is the increased 8% damage calculated into the Staff vs DW equation? Which of course is increased even more if you have racial passives that increase elemental damage. So in reality, there is a LOT more to the equation than simply 'DW gives 1600 while Staff only gives 1335'. Sure DW gets the extra set piece, but there's still more to the equation than simple answers.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 31, 2017 5:31PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****