Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do all trading guilds want insane dues?

ATEK302
ATEK302
Me and my wife just started out, we have two children. No way we can come up with these 5k+ a week. We barely get 1k a week.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answers

• Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATEK302 wrote: »
    Me and my wife just started out, we have two children. No way we can come up with these 5k+ a week. We barely get 1k a week.

Anyone have any ideas?

You can make 5k in less than an hour stealing and fencing items. And if you do it enough you can make 35k+ a day per character.
    Edited by Damianos on March 29, 2017 2:28PM
    Answer ✓
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas?

Most of the guilds I know have some requirement that can be met either through weekly sales, purchases in the guild store, raffle tickets or straight donations.

It's pretty expensive to hire guild trader in a good spot, and 5k/week minimum sales seems pretty low. Is this a donation requirement, or is that how much you need to sell each week?

If you are only selling 1k/week in the guild store, either the location is horrible, or you are listing the wrong items. Spend a little time checking the guild store sales history and visiting several guild traders to get an idea of what is selling.

I was under the impession, that the dues are mandatory donations and not amount sold?

Some guilds require periodic dues, and other guilds don't - but require their members to make a min. amount in sales.
    For instance, one guild I'm in has the minimum bar set at 10K worth of sales each week, but they don't ask for any dues.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Answer ✓
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all trading guilds ask for large dues, or any dues for that matter.

I'm part of the Imperial Trading Company and it's a fun guild with adult community and active trader, but no dues. It's one of the things I didn't want in a guild either, since I'm a casual player at heart. If you're on PC/EU and you want to take a look at the guild, you can find us here: http://www.imperialtradingcompany.net
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    Sorry, forgot to add I'm on Xbox 1 NA server

Thank you for your reply
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I am in a top PC EU guild and there are no fees.

200k+ sold a month to not be kicked, one week offline without notification.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think some players don't understand that it costs a lot of gold to hire a trader. I'm learning this now :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in 2 top PC US trader guilds, Black Briars and Fairy Tail, neither require dues. Just be a somewhat active trader and let them know if you're going to be inactive for more then 7 days. There are several great non dues paying trade guilds out there, it may take awhile for an opening but just be patient.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, forgot to add I'm on Xbox 1 NA server
    Head over to the guild section of the forum. I recently joined the Nightshade Consortium and it has no dues and is "solo" player friendly. There are quite a few listed in the forum, so take your time looking through them and ask questions.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas?

Most of the guilds I know have some requirement that can be met either through weekly sales, purchases in the guild store, raffle tickets or straight donations.

It's pretty expensive to hire guild trader in a good spot, and 5k/week minimum sales seems pretty low. Is this a donation requirement, or is that how much you need to sell each week?

If you are only selling 1k/week in the guild store, either the location is horrible, or you are listing the wrong items. Spend a little time checking the guild store sales history and visiting several guild traders to get an idea of what is selling.
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302

Anyone have any ideas?

I was under the impession, that the dues are mandatory donations and not amount sold?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you should understand how the system works. To get a trader guilds need to place blind bids, so they have to pay as much as they can to win the bid. The competition is fierce. The one thing you need to remember - if a guild has a trader, someone IS paying for it.

1. 5k a week is not a lot. As others said, you can steal items. Or you can sell. One stack of raw mats will sell for about 5k easy. Or soul gems. As you're playing, you're picking things up, don't you?
    2. Guilds with no dues either have no good/consistent traders or someone else is paying enough for them not to require everyone to contribute. But the main point holds: someone is always paying.
    3. Most guilds raise gold by raffles/auctions, so if members buy enough tickets and donate enough, there will be no dues, but someone is still paying.
    4. If paying 5k a week means you can sell for more than 5k and thus make profit - then it's worth it. Otherwise you'd have those items taking your bag space and/or would have to spend lots of time trying to sell them in /zone chat. And maybe wouldn't sell.
    5. If a trading guild doesn't bring profit or you don't play enough to have enough stuff to make gold, then maybe you don't need a trading guild at this point of your gaming career. You can always join a guild later.
    I'm in 2 top PC US trader guilds, Black Briars and Fairy Tail, neither require dues. Just be a somewhat active trader and let them know if you're going to be inactive for more then 7 days. There are several great non dues paying trade guilds out there, it may take awhile for an opening but just be patient.

That's not a great advice. You're telling him to basically be a freeloader. If those guilds have traders, that necessarily means that someone is paying for it. Maybe it's raffles and auctions? Maybe just donations. But someone is paying. And your advise reads as "Join a guild where others contribute enough and don't contribute". The bids in top spots are high and simply sales tax doesn't cover it. Or if they only work with the tax, then the sales required are high and that means OP would need to spend lots of time farming and flipping. It's way easier to get 5k then sell 30k or 200k or whatever.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    That's not a great advice. You're telling him to basically be a freeloader. If those guilds have traders, that necessarily means that someone is paying for it. Maybe it's raffles and auctions? Maybe just donations. But someone is paying. And your advise reads as "Join a guild where others contribute enough and don't contribute". The bids in top spots are high and simply sales tax doesn't cover it. Or if they only work with the tax, then the sales required are high and that means OP would need to spend lots of time farming and flipping. It's way easier to get 5k then sell 30k or 200k or whatever.

Considering the fact that OP is looking to join a trading guild, we can assume he will trade. And that means he will make his contribution through taxes like any other member of the guild does. He just doesn't want to pay to be a part of a guild, and that's his choice. There will be guilds who won't accept him for it, and there will be ones who do. If you're part of a guild that would accept him while you'd rather they wouldn't, then you have the option of leaving as well.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

Considering the fact that OP is looking to join a trading guild, we can assume he will trade. And that means he will make his contribution through taxes like any other member of the guild does. He just doesn't want to pay to be a part of a guild, and that's his choice. There will be guilds who won't accept him for it, and there will be ones who do. If you're part of a guild that would accept him while you'd rather they wouldn't, then you have the option of leaving as well.

What contribution through taxes? You are aware that the guild gets 3.5% of each sale, aren't you? How much does he need to sell to contribute his share towards the multi-million bid? If he can't sell enough to get 5k, how can he sell enough to contribute a few k through taxes?

Didn't you read his post? He can barely get 1k a week right now. Those top guilds are not for him at the moment. He isn't able to use them to their potential right now.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What contribution through taxes? You are aware that the guild gets 3.5% of each sale, aren't you? How much does he need to sell to contribute his share towards the multi-million bid? If he can't sell enough to get 5k, how can he sell enough to contribute a few k through taxes?

Didn't you read his post? He can barely get 1k a week right now. Those top guilds are not for him at the moment. He isn't able to use them to their potential right now.

I agree with you on the not being able to use a 'top' guild to its full potential, but if a guild chooses not to focus on shares or individual players' sales, and instead just looks at the total outcome, then that's their choice. I can only assume from your posts that those are guilds you would probably not want to join, and that's cool too. To each their own.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you on the not being able to use a 'top' guild to its full potential, but if a guild chooses not to focus on shares or individual players' sales, and instead just looks at the total outcome, then that's their choice. I can only assume from your posts that those are guilds you would probably not want to join, and that's cool too. To each their own.

I would and I did :) But I sell quite a lot and have gold to contribute, too. All I'm saying is that I don't think absolutely everyone should want to join them. Like seriously, why would OP need such a trader? To sell some gear pieces he loots on low levels and doesn't need? Well, they won't sell anyway. And if he wants to sell what sells, like low-level raw mats and stuff - those things would sell almost at any trader and would give him more than enough to pay 5k weekly.

OP shouldn't look for another guild, OP should learn what to sell and/or how to make gold. I think, that would be a constructive advise. But either way, we all said something, he will choose the course of actions :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IN order to keep a guild vendor the players need to sell at least a minimum amount or donate towards the guild bank . If your sales are high then there should not be a need to donate .
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in a good guild but paying each week 10k now its getting harder before 1T i was able to sell allot of items and most of them were BOE now when most items and BOP and those BOE items are in oversupply its harder and harder for me to make money.

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several guilds that don't require any dues at all.
    The Merchant's Reserve is one of them. I'd definitely shop around for a guild that doesn't try to take all your money. Go to the guild section on this forum and read through the posts.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL these people. NO one is trying to take away his money, they just want him to contribute his share towards a trader. And why wouldn't he want to contribute?

The Merchant's Reserve pays for a trader too. Where do you think that gold comes from? OP probably thought trader was free, now that he knows it isn't and the guild does't charge him for profit but to afford that trader, maybe he understands that he should contribute and not look for a guild where he can be carried by other players. But it's up to him, of course.
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    LOL these people. NO one is trying to take away his money, they just want him to contribute his share towards a trader. And why wouldn't he want to contribute?

The Merchant's Reserve pays for a trader too. Where do you think that gold comes from? OP probably thought trader was free, now that he knows it isn't and the guild does't charge him for profit but to afford that trader, maybe he understands that he should contribute and not look for a guild where he can be carried by other players. But it's up to him, of course.

Correct, I'm very new to this game and had no idea how things worked. I understand the reason for contributions now. I don't get to play often, so I fear I wouldn't be able to sell enough
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭

Correct, I'm very new to this game and had no idea how things worked. I understand the reason for contributions now. I don't get to play often, so I fear I wouldn't be able to sell enough

Just keep looking. In PC/NA, i'm in a small trade guild for casuals only, and in the largest, which can sell up to a quarter-billion in sales a week.Dues/reqs range from 0 to either 400k in sales or 15k in donations a week. There's something that fits you perfectly! Good luck!
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something happened this morning that made me upset.

A friend of mine emailed me and it went something like this:
    Emily, can you find out why I was removed from the trading guild. A few weeks ago when they wanted everyone to donate 5k for a better trader, I did. Last week I paid 10k to help support the guild, and this week I paid 10k for the guild trader for next week. I logged in and found out I was removed from the guild.

Just recently the guild has been wanting to hire a better trader and was asking for a weekly donation of 10k. My friend messaged me in game and said "Do you think it is worth paying 10k weekly dues?", and I replied, "Yes, because I know it is expensive to hire a trader.". So we both agreed to pay 10k a week, regardless of how many sales we made.

I left the guild after talking to some guild members and finding out the guild leader removed him for not being an active trader. The emails that I received, basically said we had a choice. 1. Make 10k in sales a week, or 2. Support the guild by donations 10k a week.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    I have always kept in at least 4 trade guilds..

Of those 2 have been free at some point (voluntary donations, which i did)..

One totally folded after missing trader 3 weeks in a row an we jumped ship

The other started askin 3k minimum cause they had more members worried about trader after they missed one week.

So yea no dues is around but with all the casual non contributors on xbox na there is a fair chance you won't always have a trader.. pc may differ

My normal guilds cost me 10k in elden root, 5k in rawl'kha, 10k in mournhold, an the 3k (but i give 8k) in stormhold. So for me 28k a week. Average sales for me are near 50k a day, so the 28k is whoopty doo. I refill stores with same items every morning,,, lately i've been doing lots of food (stacks of 12 blue for 1500).. an lots of low level mats (750g for 25 flax or whatever i have). I don't farm mats i simply quest an dungeon a lot. Sometimes buy food ingredients in zone chat for low prices.

So my advice is find your personal thing, if you an your wife pick lots of flowers maybe alchemy ingredient sales are the way to go. Like killin bears, maybe you'd like the sales from raw leathers and or refine them an sell the gold mats.

Lots of possibilities. I'll even throw ya a bone and send ya 25k gold for nothin.. just make sure to use it for guild dues at least 1 week to see how ya like it an if ya can make enough gold to make it worth it. Just need your gamertag.......
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep looking. In PC/NA, i'm in a small trade guild for casuals only, and in the largest, which can sell up to a quarter-billion in sales a week.Dues/reqs range from 0 to either 400k in sales or 15k in donations a week. There's something that fits you perfectly! Good luck!

Hey are you sure? Maybe there's a typo somewhere? 250 million a week is not a casual guild, tbh I don't think it's possible. I'm in a Rawlkha guild on PC/NA and it doesn't sell nearly that much. Which guild are you talking about? I would ask a screenshot of MM, there's no casual guild selling that much.

@Jadednatas , awesome comment.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas?

There is not reason to join a trade guild charging that early on. You aren't going to have a lot to sell weekly based on your schedule. You could sell gear for deconstructing, but you would likely want that yourself to level your own characters.

I agree with those who mention stealing. If you need money for bank slots and horse training, steal and fence.

I am in a trading guild in a good location and all they require of me is either buy a 1k raffle ticket or sell enough that they get 1k a week in tax. Look for a cheaper trading guild. When I joined my current trading guild, I had an inventory full of things I needed to dump and I was also able to get a lot of thieves guild/outlaw/abah's landing motif pages during the anniversary even to easily make the 1k. If I was new in the game, I would not have wasted so much time repeating TG content. I would just play the game.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Something happened this morning that made me upset.

A friend of mine emailed me and it went something like this:
    Emily, can you find out why I was removed from the trading guild. A few weeks ago when they wanted everyone to donate 5k for a better trader, I did. Last week I paid 10k to help support the guild, and this week I paid 10k for the guild trader for next week. I logged in and found out I was removed from the guild.

Just recently the guild has been wanting to hire a better trader and was asking for a weekly donation of 10k. My friend messaged me in game and said "Do you think it is worth paying 10k weekly dues?", and I replied, "Yes, because I know it is expensive to hire a trader.". So we both agreed to pay 10k a week, regardless of how many sales we made.

I left the guild after talking to some guild members and finding out the guild leader removed him for not being an active trader. The emails that I received, basically said we had a choice. 1. Make 10k in sales a week, or 2. Support the guild by donations 10k a week.

The question of whether 10k is worth it comes down to how much you can sell and for what price in a different location or to vendors. Better locations get much higher prices, even for common items, and things sell quicker. But for a player just starting who is getting low level gear drops, who needs to level their own crafting and do research, who wants to play the content and not farm/grind, and who has limited time due to kids, it is very likely that even 1k a week isn't worth it initially.

My only point of reference is PC though. What I'm hearing in this thread about console sounds more expensive.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not "insane" compared to the sums which you need to bid in order to keep a well placed NPC trader. Bids for alliance capitals, Rawl'ka and Belkarth are in the millions. Mind that the guild only gets about 4% from the sales taxes (3.5% from the sale price and probably a bit of the 1% listing fee too) while the rest goes down the drain as gold sink. So the 500 players in such a guild must generate > 125M in sales together every week to keep such a bid just from the guild taxes. That's about 250K on average, per player. So if you sell less than that on average, and you are in one of the guilds that have trader there, you should donate a bit.
    Edited by Asardes on March 30, 2017 3:08PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    To answer the question, yes it's ridiculous, but I understand why. Why? Because the whole bidding / guild stall / gold sink system is terrible to begin with.

The game needs to ditch the guild seller system altogether or make it to where individuals or smaller, poorer guilds can sell their stuff without a stall. The game makers can get their gold sink elsewhere.

Really: Why do I have to join a guild just to post items for sale? Yes, I understand you can hop from zone to zone, but that solution is dumb too.

There should be pubs that have WTB and WTS boards all over the place where people can pay the NPC bartender to post their WTB and WTS stuff. Then the gold sync / lag reduction mechanic can kick in: More people posting at one location, the more it costs to post it. Scale cost up or down as you go.
    Edited by parkham on March 30, 2017 3:25PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do a lot of fishing. One perfect roe will easily net you the 5000 in sales, plus around 3000 on top of that. Of course it gets a little mind numbing after awhile, and you'll find all your playtime is taken up by fishing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Anyone have any ideas?

There is not reason to join a trade guild charging that early on. You aren't going to have a lot to sell weekly based on your schedule. You could sell gear for deconstructing, but you would likely want that yourself to level your own characters.

I agree with those who mention stealing. If you need money for bank slots and horse training, steal and fence.

I am in a trading guild in a good location and all they require of me is either buy a 1k raffle ticket or sell enough that they get 1k a week in tax. Look for a cheaper trading guild. When I joined my current trading guild, I had an inventory full of things I needed to dump and I was also able to get a lot of thieves guild/outlaw/abah's landing motif pages during the anniversary even to easily make the 1k. If I was new in the game, I would not have wasted so much time repeating TG content. I would just play the game.
    This, the best trading guilds want the best locations and this is very expensive so they might well demand an high weekly fee.
    The member prefer it as they trade a lot and make lots of money.
    if you sell for 10k week you don't belong there just as you don't belong in an leaderboard raiding guild doing 10k dps.

Find an free one who is decent enough
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
This discussion has been closed.