The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extreme bannable cheating

• Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    zuto40 wrote: »
    l2P

the only thing that's bannable about ambush is if you cast it on people as they enter into a keep. is what i have read and seen, even if by accident.
    i have accidently done it , but that was long ago, i taught myself to never use that skill when chasing someone to the keep door.
    it's hard to train yourself to do it.

Why is it bannable if you use it on people as they enter door?

Bypassing the siege portion of capturing a keep , castle , fort or outpost is banable . There was a whole fiasco last year with people banned for gap closing into structures that were not breached .

That's kind of ridiculous since so many people just retreat into a keep with lag and such. No way this can be enforceable. Not when you can ambush someone and the game takes 5 seconds to finally react to it.

I didn't make the rule . People got banned , a lot actually . All it takes is one video sent to ZoS . I agree , ZoS should fix their game but this something they couldn't fix I guess . If you like your account and game time , I wouldn't test if they still are actively banning accounts for it . You can look up past pages on the official cheating and exploits thread to see the upset people for yourself from last year .

So if they are at a keep door, haven't entered yet but is close to entering I can't use ambush and stun them to prevent them from entering?
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Send me vid pls

sent
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • TyroneShoelaces
    I get accused of cheating pretty often and reported after beating max level opponents when playing as lower level characters.
    Just random duels in grahtwood or whatever.
    I just thank them for the compliment and carry on.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a player yesterday with a hyperdrive attached to his arse on Azura's last night. I wonder if that is a bannable offense..... Also noted a few others with unlimited ultimate. Wonder what that was all about?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2P

the only thing that's bannable about ambush is if you cast it on people as they enter into a keep. is what i have read and seen, even if by accident.
    i have accidently done it , but that was long ago, i taught myself to never use that skill when chasing someone to the keep door.

Bypassing the siege portion of capturing a keep , castle , fort or outpost is banable . There was a whole fiasco last year with people banned for gap closing into structures that were not breached .

That's kind of ridiculous since so many people just retreat into a keep with lag and such. No way this can be enforceable. Not when you can ambush someone and the game takes 5 seconds to finally react to it.

I didn't make the rule . People got banned , a lot actually . All it takes is one video sent to ZoS . I agree , ZoS should fix their game but this something they couldn't fix I guess . If you like your account and game time , I wouldn't test if they still are actively banning accounts for it . You can look up past pages on the official cheating and exploits thread to see the upset people for yourself from last year .

So if they are at a keep door, haven't entered yet but is close to entering I can't use ambush and stun them to prevent them from entering?

If you really want to avoid bans then no.

Generally if I go through by mistake I either let myself die, or run up and jump out and hope that those who saw it happen realise it was a mistake and are not petty enough to report me as I didn't abuse anything from it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send me vid pls

sent

Just add the external link in the thread, put don't post it as a video. No editing required that way.

I'm curious to see myself, more to upgrade my own skills than because of suspected cheating. (My NB is still deciding what she wants to be when she grows up...)

If you don't want to post, PM please.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send me vid pls

sent

Just add the external link in the thread, put don't post it as a video. No editing required that way.

I'm curious to see myself, more to upgrade my own skills than because of suspected cheating. (My NB is still deciding what she wants to be when she grows up...)

If you don't want to post, PM please.

sent
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I saw a player yesterday with a hyperdrive attached to his arse on Azura's last night. I wonder if that is a bannable offense..... Also noted a few others with unlimited ultimate. Wonder what that was all about?

Yesterday a group member was on his horse with rapids, but appeared to everyone else to be just running really fast. I've had this happen to me before, but outside Cyro. If a person is just running but not using abilities, might not be speed hacking.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Sometimes it takes me up to 20 seconds before my horse decides to appear

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is worse is when someone accuses you of cheating, then you ask them what they think you have done, they ignore you!
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly have seen low level players helping nightblades into keeps and they had the balls to all deny it , said that they died earlier and had to respawned in the keep , why lie you got caught just except it
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a looksie pls, more to see how far the bar is over my head. Thx
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    l2P

I don't think people have been banned for ambush through doors. The people that were abusing gap closers (with propelling shield up I think) and by abusing... I really mean abusing, well in extreme cases where they took it to a ridiculous level... were banned and most of them temp banned.

The thing about ambushing into a keep is that if you try to do it you would rarely succeed. 99% of the time it's someone lagging or a laggy server and you ambushed when they weren't standing there clicking on door. In truth, most of the time it's not to the benefit of the nightblade.

Now if you have someone's alt in teamspeak and are coordinating or in whispers telling them as soon as you see me behind you click on door.... sure (in truth I don't even know if that would work).

To the point though... the people that were dealt with due to gap close exploiting weren't accidentally charging up walls. It was premeditated and they were doing it in groups and from what I heard were using propelling shield in coordination to do so.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easy either get killed by npcs in the keep or jump straight out , those that go on to kill players inside the keep after using the gap closer should get banned
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any cheating, I just see you handing a lot of people their asses ;)

Might I inquire as to your gear choice? (n/m...found it.) Very nice, btw
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on March 29, 2017 11:09PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any cheating, I just see you handing a lot of people their asses ;)

Might I inquire as to your gear choice? (n/m...found it.) Very nice, btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qyjec7ED3o put on engine guardian instead and thats what i used
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average player logic:

If I = dead
    Then opponent = cheating
    Else if I = alive
    Then opponent = n00b
    Else
    opponent = cheating

There are cheaters in ESO. But in most situations l2block
    Edited by kewl on March 30, 2017 1:33AM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll send the clip to whoever wants it in PMS I don't feel like editing it to avoid naming and shaming
    Send me the clip Can't wait to see this.
    Edited by KingJ on March 30, 2017 3:12AM
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    I do not like gelato

That might be a bannable offense though.