Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I created a new Skyrim character: High Elf

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was able to give my Altmer black hair :)
lcxcHHQ.png

In ESO.... This is the darkest hair color that I can choose from
lmhH4tR.png

With all these patches and housing DLC that came through over the months.... No black hair for Altmers.

I'm a very sad panda bear.

ZOS why no black hairs for Altmers?
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to more customisation options in general. Also, i'm obliged to say... @Abeille?
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't Skyrim. If there new colors expect to pay for them in the crown store. To us this is a game. To them its a business.
    Edited by The_Duke on March 29, 2017 7:18PM
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skyrim takes place more than 800 years after eso.

and you are playing in a continent the furthest away from the summerset isles - so there was probably a lot of dilution of bloodlines.

thats a lot of factors that can affect the hair color of altmer between the two games.

boom. i gave you some lore. b***hes love lore.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmers with dark or black hairs look more like Dunmers, so personally I like the way how ZOS keeps the limits in creating characters.
    Edited by Gargath on March 29, 2017 7:52PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is why can't my khajiit have glorious beards?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 29, 2017 8:08PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats racist!
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

and you are playing in a continent the furthest away from the summerset isles - so there was probably a lot of dilution of bloodlines.
    After 800 years of commingling their "superior" genetics with that of the "lesser" Mer and Men, they finally got their black, chocolately brown hair.

Except there are already black-haired Altmer in the game, as NPCs. So it's a good thing neither of you is Loremaster. :p
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 29, 2017 8:45PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not compare the character creation with ESO with that in Arena? I'm sure you'll be more impressed than when comparing it with that in Skyrim.

Of course, ESO is neither Arena nor Skyrim, nor any of the other TES games inbetween.

You either accept that, or play one of the others if that suits you better. Personally, I'd make my choice over something a tad more meaningful than the colour of my character's hair, but each to his own. Meanwhile, I'm puzzled as to why anyone should think everything in this game should be the same as everything in another game.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Yes to more customisation options in general. Also, i'm obliged to say... @Abeille?

Who exactly is abeille?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    This isn't Skyrim. If there new colors expect to pay for them in the crown store. To us this is a game. To them its a business.

Don't tell me. Crown crates? Their gonna be available only through crown crates, right?
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

After 800 years of commingling their "superior" genetics with that of the "lesser" Mer and Men, they finally got their black, chocolately brown hair.

Except there are already black-haired Altmer in the game, as NPCs. So it's a good thing neither of you is Loremaster. :p

Exactly.
    pHN0kz1.jpg

Perhaps those loremasters weren't so busy grinding their CP in the skyreach catacombs and spent more time questing for their xp then they'll realize that their are black haired Altmers prowling about in the game.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Isiraamo

kshgUM2.jpg

In fact IMO I think it makes the Altmers look pretty nice.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on March 29, 2017 9:12PM
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    Who exactly is abeille?
    A player who has been vocal about the subject, in part because of this;
    ...Except there are already black-haired Altmer in the game...
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    >2017.
    >still wanting to have Dunmer hair on an Altmer
    >mfw
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm more sad about the lack of brow ridges.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    menedhyn wrote: »

Who exactly is abeille?

Why hello that would be me, nice to meet you. I was a little lost in space due to a certain release that happened last week so I missed the notifications. Hi everybody!

To the people who are arguing against it "because lore", I was ready to school you peeps but I see that other lovelies already did it for me xD

So now that any possible lore issue is out of the way... Black hair please?

They dyed their hair... NotPureBloodHighElves.

It is possible they are pure, since most of them are part of the Veiled Heritance and they are the kind of group that would take that issue seriously. But I don't mind if it is added as hair dye. As long as my Altmer can have it, I'm good.
    Edited by Abeille on March 30, 2017 3:38PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20070321101110

High Chanceler Ocato is sad because you didn't use him as examble of brown haired altmer..
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats a lot of factors that can affect the hair color of altmer between the two games.

Lore warriors should all die, I want weapons dye and better hair colors.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »

Hey now :) Theirs nothing wrong with being a Lore warrior for as long as you get your facts right :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the 700 years between ESO and Skyrim elves have interbred with inferior, human races :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that using an appearance change token will only let you use the default options?

Maybe they could offer a hair coloring pack similar to the hair style pack. Everything but a one time deal.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    In the 700 years between ESO and Skyrim elves have interbred with inferior, human races :)

I prefer to think they were tempted into the black haired forest by Bosmer girls.
  • High_Marshal
    High_Marshal
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

I prefer to think they were tempted into the black haired forest by Bosmer girls.

Bosmer men have all the wood an Elf would need!
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

Bosmer men have all the wood an Elf would need!

I would say they have all the meat, because, you know, the green pact don't allow them to use their wood at all.
    Edited by Milvan on March 30, 2017 6:03PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it wrong of me to wish that Bethesda would create more Skyrim content, just to get the cult of Skyrim away from the rest of TES and ESO?

Edited by Balamoor on March 30, 2017 5:42PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

None of us are against weapon coloring... It would be a significant lore improvement, since we wouldn't be running around with pink/red/blueish-purple weapons.
    ZOS why no black hairs for Altmers?

Altmer is already plural. I die a little every time someone does that.....
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you meant "people who think they know the lore but actually do not", although I think the post you quoted was a joke.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in the lore stops us from having weapons dyes and more hair colors.

Black-haired Altmer exist in ESO already.
    Anyone who tries to use lore to justify us not being able to make a black-haired Altmer have no idea of what they are talking about, or are just being funny.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.