Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Bought Crowns for Race Change and Membership, would like a refund.

Krex
Krex
Soul Shriven
Hey there.
I'm relatively new and playing a Darkelf Sorcerer(Ebonheart). Friend told me I should be playing a Breton, so I figured I might aswell buy the racechange token he told me about.
So I got myself a paysafecard, paid for the 3k crowns you need and then when trying to change my race to Breton, I got informed that I couldn't because I was missing the DLC for that.
So I figured I could buy a one-month-membership, since that should give me access to all the DLCs, right? Well, it didn't; still couldn't swap to Breton. And I paid another 12,99 using paypal for that.

So now I'm sitting here, having spend about 34€ for basically nothing. I'll admit that it's partly my fault, but the store listing did not make clear that you'd actually have to own a certain DLC to change to a race not in your alliance.
I have no other use for the token, and thus I'd appreciate getting a refund in some way or the other, be it in money or crowns, at least for the token.
I hope this was the right section to post this in, if not, please move it to where it belongs.

Best Answer

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Plus only gives access to the DLC packs, not everything in the Crown Store. The Adventurer Pack that you need to play any race in any alliance is an Account Upgrade rather than a DLC (you can get this for 1,900 Crowns).

I agree that it is not made particularly clear in the Crown Store that the Race Change Token is subject to the same restrictions you have during character creation. It should say directly that you need the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade to change to a race outside your alliance.

To request a refund, you'll need to submit a support ticket at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ explaining your reasons.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Krex
    Krex
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the quick reply, I wasn't logged in before so I didn't get the option to send a ticket.