The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are alchemy writs even worth doing?

datgladiatah
datgladiatah
✭✭✭
I've been doing writs for a while, I finally got a second crafting character maxed out so I can double my chances for yellows and sealed writs. Problem is, I never really farmed for what I got, I just gathered what I did in solo and I've gained more than I've lost. Now I've run out of Nirnroot, and checking the prices, it's nearly 300+ each now. Alchemy writs, besides surveys and sealed, don't seem to give much of value. Should I continue doing them or is it just a money sink?
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    just pick up when you see. having ESO + is a must, if you are doing writ on multi-toons.

save up the all survey's and farm them once a month. should supply you with almost 90% of the mats you will need for the next month. PS you will always run out of Nirnroot so you just need to always when around water look out for it.

it is well worth doing!
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do them. Sometimes I feel like it's a waste to do them, you never get much in reward for doing them. Other writs you can get legendary materials. And the sealed writs I got only net me 6 vouchers. So it's all up to you if you want to do them or not. I rarely run out of nirnroot and when I do I ask friends and guildmates for some. I do pick them up Everytime I see them.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnroot is the bane of my life. I am doing alchemy writs on 7 characters, primarily to get master writs ATM, and need to stock up every few days. It would be nice if they even halved the number pf writs that need nirnroot, especially when one of the master writs uses 5 of them!!

Fortunately there are a few safe spots for farming it. so it is only time I am losing really.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average Alchemy writ reward I calculated from data obtained after One Tamriel gave me a value of 2600 gold. This includes the average of reagents obtained from the writ, the average survey results obtained 25% of the time and of course the 664 gold. Even with increased cost of Nirnroot these days you should be close to breaking even most days with surveys tipping the balance.

And of course sometimes you get lucky...a few weeks ago I had a survey give me 4 Columbine plants with 2 double harvests that was alone worth close to 10,000 gold.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!