Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vet Hel Ra Citadel Tank Build

peoplecallmeleo
peoplecallmeleo
✭✭✭
I'm wondering what builds you are running to clear Vet Hel Ra Citadel?

-Armor pieces-

-Jewelry-

-Weapons-

-Traits-

-Enchantments-

-Mundus Stone-

and Champ points if possible I'm currently cp490 if that helps
T.I.A.

DC - Redguard Templar Non-op
DC - Breton MagDK Crafter
DC - Khajit Gankblade PVP
DC - Breton Templar Healer PvP
DC - High Elf MagSorc DPS PVE
DC - Khajit StamSorc PvP
DC - Orc DragonKnight Tank PvE
DC - Dark Elf MagBlade Non-op
DC - High Elf MagWarden Non-op

All DC All The Time
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I am currently using, but I want my Axes to be Infused but bad RNG so far.

T3HMD52.png
  • peoplecallmeleo
    peoplecallmeleo
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I am currently using, but I want my Axes to be Infused but bad RNG so far.

T3HMD52.png

What are the skills you're running?
    DC - Redguard Templar Non-op
    DC - Breton MagDK Crafter
    DC - Khajit Gankblade PVP
    DC - Breton Templar Healer PvP
    DC - High Elf MagSorc DPS PVE
    DC - Khajit StamSorc PvP
    DC - Orc DragonKnight Tank PvE
    DC - Dark Elf MagBlade Non-op
    DC - High Elf MagWarden Non-op

All DC All The Time
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

T3HMD52.png

nJlD6UI.png

Front Bar:
    1. Hardened Armor
    2. Pierce Armor
    3. Heroic Slash
    4. Igneous shield
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Aggressive Horn

Back Bar:
    1. Unrelenting Grip
    2. Inner Beast
    3. Choking Talons
    4. Echoing Vigor
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Replenishing Barrier
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    T3HMD52.png
    Thanks for posting your build.

I run something very similar, but will often die from either Ra Kotu (spinning phase) or some of the warrior's cleaves/channeled attacks. My current strategy is to spam igneous during these attacks, but I still take too much damage and die. I have plenty of stamina and perma-block, so I don't think its a resource issue. Is there a better strategy?

Related, and since you seem to be the most knowledgeable about resistances on this forum, I noticed that your resistances are lower than most tank builds (especially if you drop the defending axe in favor of an infused). Do you depend on the off-tank running a set like lord warden or does 2.5K extra resistance not make a big difference?

Lastly, is the off-tank guarding you during any fights, or is there something specific I should make sure to tell my healers to run?
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • jmaldona29

T3HMD52.png

nJlD6UI.png

Front Bar:
    1. Hardened Armor
    2. Pierce Armor
    3. Heroic Slash
    4. Igneous shield
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Aggressive Horn

Back Bar:
    1. Unrelenting Grip
    2. Inner Beast
    3. Choking Talons
    4. Echoing Vigor
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Replenishing Barrier

I run a similar build on the skills bars. front bar is the exact same but on the backbar I run either Igneous weapons (off-tank) or Green Dragons Blood (main tank). I did wonder about the resistances though. I found VHRC easy to run as an off tank but felt as a main my resistances weren't good enough. I was running at 31.2k physical resistances and 29k spell resistance but the final boss would drop me quickly if I wasn't perma-blocking. 11-13k per hit. Is my load out wrong?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »
    T3HMD52.png
    Thanks for posting your build.

I run something very similar, but will often die from either Ra Kotu (spinning phase) or some of the warrior's cleaves/channeled attacks. My current strategy is to spam igneous during these attacks, but I still take too much damage and die. I have plenty of stamina and perma-block, so I don't think its a resource issue. Is there a better strategy?

Related, and since you seem to be the most knowledgeable about resistances on this forum, I noticed that your resistances are lower than most tank builds (especially if you drop the defending axe in favor of an infused). Do you depend on the off-tank running a set like lord warden or does 2.5K extra resistance not make a big difference?

Lastly, is the off-tank guarding you during any fights, or is there something specific I should make sure to tell my healers to run?

I usually go without off tank on that fight but having someone guard you helps there as well. Usually do that if I run 2 tanks which we do for Hardmode. What you want to tell your healers is that one of them can stand closer to you on the side and then spam his heals specifically on you and only you so that you get the burst heal that you need. If your healers can't handle it then run away with the boss while he is spinning and then stand still while he is not. That strat takes longer to do but it lets healers focus more on healing the others which is also good cause there is more tornados or what not during the spin phase. But strong enough heals from a dedicated healer will do the trick, and I usually don't get guards but it helps. Could even have that healer guard you.

In terms of resistance. I usually say that resistance is overrated, mitigation can be gotten elsewhere. A good tip that many tanks do is that they change their CP to suit the fight, so on Hel Ra you would go 100p into Hardy and basically nothing in Elemental defender. Most things in there don't do DoTs thou so I would put the rest into Healing received for stronger heals.
    jmaldona29 wrote: »

T3HMD52.png

nJlD6UI.png

Front Bar:
    1. Hardened Armor
    2. Pierce Armor
    3. Heroic Slash
    4. Igneous shield
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Aggressive Horn

Back Bar:
    1. Unrelenting Grip
    2. Inner Beast
    3. Choking Talons
    4. Echoing Vigor
    5. Absorb Magic
    6. Replenishing Barrier

I run a similar build on the skills bars. front bar is the exact same but on the backbar I run either Igneous weapons (off-tank) or Green Dragons Blood (main tank). I did wonder about the resistances though. I found VHRC easy to run as an off tank but felt as a main my resistances weren't good enough. I was running at 31.2k physical resistances and 29k spell resistance but the final boss would drop me quickly if I wasn't perma-blocking. 11-13k per hit. Is my load out wrong?

Get someone, doesn't have to be an off tank, just someone to Guard you, mystic guard would be preferred but a Templar DPS or someone else with Stalward Guard will do the job. Also like I told the other guy, change your CP to be 100 into Hardy and a bunch into healing received. His "channeled sweeps" even though it has channeled in its name is not a DoT and is not mitigated by Thick Skin. But Strong heals, Guard and CP change will do the trick, on HM I also usually swap my Alkosh for Hist Bark to get some help there, normally don't run Major Evasion but its a huge boon there.