The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get a GM to just surf dolmens for the AFK botters?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
It's getting ridiculous that every single day I see people doing this, often times it's the same people (same names). I know it would cost a little bit extra, but would it be possible to just get a GM to check the dolmens and boot these guys every now and then? This is sending a really bad message to your paying players that these guys can get away with this day in and day out.

http://imgur.com/u7rt4WN
http://imgur.com/j6hNdj2
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting ridiculous that every single day I see people doing this, often times it's the same people (same names). I know it would cost a little bit extra, but would it be possible to just get a GM to check the dolmens and boot these guys every now and then? This is sending a really bad message to your paying players that these guys can get away with this day in and day out.

http://imgur.com/u7rt4WN
    http://imgur.com/j6hNdj2

I agree.

I lived in a much, MUCH happier time when I was still newbie enough not to know what was going on with those characters up on the rock at the dolmen outside of Vuhkleh Guard.

Now, every time I have to go there, I get seriously pissed off (and sad).

Please ZOS.

You've created such an amazing world.

Please stop it from being ruined by cheaters who are right out there in the open and could EASILY be bumped from the game.

--xari.

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree.
    As long as the in-game policing remains poor then this will continue to get worse.
    Or simple solution... only give XP/Gold etc for opening the chest and not for killing the monsters that spawn i.e. remove the incentive for botting at dolmens
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Winter
    Winter
    Soul Shriven
    Are there even GMS in ESO? You'd think the subscription fee would cover at least a bare minimum of in-game support. The poster above is right - they have created an amazing world here. It's beautiful, it's full of great story lines, and it's got a ton of things to do. But when you log into the game expecting the experience promised by this game design and instead are treated to an absolutely toxic chat environment, with an hour long graphic discussion of ***, people having cyber sex in chat, repeated use of the N word, frequent gay bashing, pedophilia, misc. racist crap and all the atmosphere of a street gang hangout run by teenaged boys, no game design in the world is going to make up for that.

Combine that with the lack of attention to all the obvious bots, and you really get the feeling that when it comes to GMs, they can't possibly exist.

The standard answer is for the fee-paying players to do all that work for them. We're supposed to report them, fill out a form, take screenshots, use the (always full) ignore list, and then just trust them to fix the problem. The problem never gets fixed, and meanwhile, the player isn't playing, they're doing the GM's job trying to clean up the server.

We've come a long way from the days when a big game had 20+ servers, all staffed with GMs actually in the game. How many production servers does ESO have? Six? Few enough to have a person or two skip around to the trouble areas handing out enough bans so the rest of the toxic offenders think twice about acting like 8 year olds in mixed company.

I don't know what GM tools are built into this game, but they've given the players damn few if they expect the players to handle the problem. How about a report button for TOS chat violations that takes just takes one push to grab the chat buffer and send it, proving the issue? That, combined with a quicker and more public response to botting and TOS violations might encourage some of these people to stop. If all the consequences are hidden from view in private emails to the offenders, it's not going to change anyone's behavior at all.

I'd pay lots of crowns to see the occasional ZOTZ from Molag Bal for some of the worst offenders.

I've been a subscriber to this game since beta. I'd really like to invite some of my family to play it, but I'd be embarassed to bring them in here now. It's a shame what these people have turned the place into.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those pics are pretty tame. On the PS4, the first dolmen in Auridon is a cluster****. Laaaaaaaaaaaag, the same people doing it repeatedly and so on. They ruin it entirely for new players who just wish to play the game as it's intended to be played. Add to that, if a new player sees others doing it and getting away with it, they'll think it's ok for them to do it. Thus the problem just keeps evolving.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    negative, that would require zos to care about something that adversely affects the player base, here buy a new horse from the crown store..

I am sure it is nothing like that I jest, but I believe that do not have the resources to take care of things like that I play another online game from time to time and they come right out and tell you they have perma banned 538 accounts since January for running what they call unapproved modifications, LOL cheat engine or bot running programs and the like, they even explained a little that they use an algorithm that compares clients data to what they should have, so they know when some one has to much data about he game on their computer, that game also has no mods so I think they can do stuff like that, I think with all these mods in games it makes third party detection a lot harder, I do not know what people use to run bots if it is third party programs, macros or what ever, but bots suck and is unfair to be left in the game for the legit player to deal with.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 22, 2017 11:20AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When you guys run across what appear to be botters, please make sure to report these players through our official channels so we can address it quickly. You can find exact instructions here.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you guys run across what appear to be botters, please make sure to report these players through our official channels so we can address it quickly. You can find exact instructions here.

Is that a joke? People have done this several times, they're still there.
    PC EU
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Ginas like Wonder Woman today addressing every problem .
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Maotti wrote: »

It's not a joke. It's very possible that these groups have previously been removed, but are returning with new accounts, so please submit an official report. This is the best and quickest way to get the information reviewed by our TOS team.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gina he problem we're having is the official in game means to report is slow and clunky for this.

Is it possible for ZOS to do a review of these tools or supply the community with an email we can send information to directly (also being able to supply screenshots).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you guys run across what appear to be botters, please make sure to report these players

I have done so, followed the instructions given and then got a reply telling me to add them to my ignore list.
    I did that too, sadly however I can still see them around the dolmen. Oh well.

In all seriousness thank you for posting the link.

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a joke. It's very possible that these groups have previously been removed, but are returning with new accounts, so please submit an official report. This is the best and quickest way to get the information reviewed by our TOS team.

Allright, this is at Lluvamir dolmen in Auridon on EU PC server just a few minutes ago, i have reported them both. Let's see how long it takes before they vanish.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah243/maotti/0331dbed-84c6-4de3-8a87-7d9687d57216_zpsxpfojdyi.png
    Edited by Maotti on March 22, 2017 11:38AM
    PC EU
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno,

While I appreciate that you all have a system in place for us to be able to report this, the problem with that is it puts it on me/us to take time out of our gameplay time to gather the necessary information and go through the steps to report it to ZOS.

That's not my job.

My "job", in-game, is to fight Daedra and Dark Anchors and, generally, have fun.

ZOS, OTOH, has GameMasters on staff (and/or could hire interns) who could look into this.

As huge as the world is, it still shouldn't be on me/us to police the game for you.

--xari.
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Agree.
    As long as the in-game policing remains poor then this will continue to get worse.
    Or simple solution... only give XP/Gold etc for opening the chest and not for killing the monsters that spawn i.e. remove the incentive for botting at dolmens

THIS is an EXCELLENT idea and, likely, could help with the situation.

Please consider @Zypheran 's idea.

--xari.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst I don't want to start a debate war with ZOS.

The community does this often, we do what is ask but we don't see results and these not new accounts which have come back, some people have seen (and taken screenshots) of bots which have been around for one or more weeks at a time.

This is causing the community to lose a lot of faith in ZOS actually doing anything about the issue, as to us we invest time reporting these bots.
    The time invested isn't small either, trying to report six or seven bots under the current tools is a painful and slow process. I did it the other night in Grahtwood and honestly never wanted to do it again, you're chasing constantly moving characters around a zone trying to hold F on the one you need to report, then needing to fill out name, account, location, server, time etc.
    This is all information other MMO games are able to handle with a simple "right click, report bot" feature which requires nothing more than that from the players doing it.

I have posted in threads on these forums many time about how ZOS is falling behind other companies on game security issues but there has never been any interest apart from the occasional ban wave and period of cheering to make me (or many others) feel the issues are taken seriously.

RMT is very active in the game. There is a seller on eBay UK with 265 completed transactions for gold selling, I have seen people in guilds openly brag about gold selling, other services can be purchased online as well.

As I said I don't want to attack you personally or start a hate campaign against ZOS as I love you all and the game, but the security side of it has been ignored greatly and nothing has been done in almost three years to really make us feel otherwise.

Waiting to develop changes to the game code to solve the problem isn't acceptable in a AAA MMO, not when CCP Games with its small sub base and Icelandic office is kicking your butt at this.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Gina he problem we're having is the official in game means to report is slow and clunky for this.

Is it possible for ZOS to do a review of these tools or supply the community with an email we can send information to directly (also being able to supply screenshots).

Very much this. I stood several times at a dolmen wanting to report but having to fill in 4 dropdownmenu of which none actually cover the issue just put me off.
    Also have had it happen that after hitting send I got a message stuck in the middle of the screen preventing me from reacting to attack from npcs. Not handy when I'm there to clear a dolmen.
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Those pics are pretty tame. On the PS4, the first dolmen in Auridon is a cluster****. Laaaaaaaaaaaag, the same people doing it repeatedly and so on. They ruin it entirely for new players who just wish to play the game as it's intended to be played. Add to that, if a new player sees others doing it and getting away with it, they'll think it's ok for them to do it. Thus the problem just keeps evolving.

All my characters are parked at VG, & I've seen you there quite a lot.

The pics the OP has linked are very tame .. as the VG dolmen usually has at least 30 'afk' people parked at it.

I levelled a new character a few weeks ago, a Khajiit, & well, if it's night time in-game, & whilst on that Khajiit character, at the dolmen, the picture on my tv will freeze & then I have to close ESO & restart .. the huge burst of flame from the heavy attacks by all the 'rubber-banders' at the same time quite simply lags-out the game for me.
    .. Daytime in-game is manageable, I just get random stutters at that dolmen .. but nevertheless, it shouldn't be happening, at all.

I am already questioning myself as to how much longer I'll be willing to put up with what's happening at dolmens, ZoS's ToS make clear that 'botting', in any form, is not permitted, yet ZoS are openly contradicting themselves & their own ToS by allowing 'botting' to continue unhindered 24/7

I just wish something would be done to stop these people ruining the game, that's all.
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One roaming boss mob with laser beam eyes to pop next to dolmens when the ankers are not spawned.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    26c50948e822b6c93d5fdd6b12983305.jpg
    Ah.. yes the legendary game masters... In ESO they only appear during the loading screens...
    Does that mean that I have better chances to meet game master in cyrodiil PvP ? xD
    (btw. jokes aside, someone from ZOS needs to go there and see with his/her own eyes what is going on there... )
  • hellcatlizzieb16_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have reported several times and still see the same people I have reported a day later back at the auridon dolmen doing the same thing again. Yesterday I reported around 10 people and did the same a few weeks ago and yet still see the same people back there every time I go back doing the dark anchor daily for fighters guild. It's extremely annoying when you have spent months if not years building you levels and cp and spent good money but other just sail in cheat the game and are not reprimanded in anyway.
  • LuxEtVeritas
    LuxEtVeritas
    ✭✭
    This game is rapidly descending into a Lord of the Flies enviroment. The number of relatively new players i've encountered that are unpleasant to game with is saddening . Its a sociological problem, not exclusive to ESO of course , but woah .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxuCLopcEy4
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a GM dealing with the Bots at the Auridon and other dolmens on PS4 EU last week. I even got screenshots of him talking to people in text chat :)
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can they return with the same exact user ID? Because, although reported, I've seen the same user ID bots on the same places for months.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭

Okay Gina i've done my bit and reported two botting at a dolmen , lets see how long it takes before they disappear
    *Kiss the goat*
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    This is not a solution. It's just going to create more problems.

The easiest solution is to remove weapon firing from the code function which determines idle time. In other words, as long as people are standing and firing, they'll get booted by the game for inactivity. Most developers have removed the firing mechanism from this logic, so I'm not sure why ZoS included it.

This change wouldn't affect the game or any player directly. It's literally the easiest solution ZoS can implement to fix the AFK issue.

But despite this, I'm not sure why people are seeing this as a problem. Yes, a few dolems are problematic because they're close to starter cities, but most other dolems are unaffected.

The VG dolem has always been laggy because it's the first dolem new characters will see. It's also why VG stutters all the time, because people group by the Wayshrine slamming down spells or dueling.

It's part of the MMO experience, and it's also one in which we, as players, just have to deal with. That's what happens when an MMO is popular. :wink:

Not to belittle anyone's feelings on the matter, but I just think there's more to it than "being upset" over a single, popular dolem. It makes no sense to me why this is an issue when the problem is limited in area.

I hit VG's dolem over the weekend with a new character. I saw 5 people standing on rocks, firing into the center, and 20+ new characters attacking it once it spawned. After it was over, the 5 remained firing and everyone else cleared out. The lag was most likely due to the 20+ people than it was those 5 just sitting around firing.

I'm on XB1 NA, so I'm pretty aware of the popular areas now that I've played 4 characters. I avoid these areas once I have no need of them. Sadly, I'm in Grahtwood and I have to deal with the local spot known as "Elder Root". Ugh. Talk about lag.

As ZoS says, if it really bothers people, report them and move on. Personally, I think it's just better to ignore them and enjoy the game rather than get upset over people who'd rather just stand and do nothing.

Just food for thought. :smile:

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    The easiest solution is to remove weapon firing from the code function which determines idle time. In other words, as long as people are standing and firing, they'll get booted by the game for inactivity. Most developers have removed the firing mechanism from this logic, so I'm not sure why ZoS included it.
    This will have no effect on PC though, one could change the macro from "Mouse 1 Down" to "Mouse 1 Down, A 0.5sec, D 0.5sec"
    Edited by Turelus on March 22, 2017 12:51PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Er, it takes more than a couple of days to level a new character to 160 even botting in a NEW account, your suggested explanation is pretty unlikely.
    Edited by KerinKor on March 22, 2017 12:45PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »

All my characters are parked at VG, & I've seen you there quite a lot.

The pics the OP has linked are very tame .. as the VG dolmen usually has at least 30 'afk' people parked at it.

I levelled a new character a few weeks ago, a Khajiit, & well, if it's night time in-game, & whilst on that Khajiit character, at the dolmen, the picture on my tv will freeze & then I have to close ESO & restart .. the huge burst of flame from the heavy attacks by all the 'rubber-banders' at the same time quite simply lags-out the game for me.
    .. Daytime in-game is manageable, I just get random stutters at that dolmen .. but nevertheless, it shouldn't be happening, at all.

I am already questioning myself as to how much longer I'll be willing to put up with what's happening at dolmens, ZoS's ToS make clear that 'botting', in any form, is not permitted, yet ZoS are openly contradicting themselves & their own ToS by allowing 'botting' to continue unhindered 24/7

I just wish something would be done to stop these people ruining the game, that's all.

Yeah, I like to farm elegant jewellery for my low level toons. It's why I'm there a lot. It's a complete nightmare at times, but it's the quickset clear. When i say quickest, I mean it doesn't need all those rubber banders there hindering those of us that actually do play the game as intended as there's still a lot of us there.

I'm also a firm believer that we shouldn't be the ones to go elsewhere as a lot of people on here will tell you just to go elsewhere. Why should we, huh? We're actually playing the game as intended and not the ones ruining it for others.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on March 22, 2017 12:54PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just reported 2 a VG dolmen just now on PCEU.
    Let's see if they are still there later
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.