The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 BUG: Character Creation

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
Game client is crashing on character creation.

No problem if your wiz through it, but if you are taking time to get the creation correct, it crashes to PS4 desktop.

It's happened 5 times in a row now.

Also experiencing a lot of lag in character creation
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has crashed 8 times today. I notice the crash occurs when I turn the creation sidewards to change nose length and other such features. Anyone else experiencing this on PS4?
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried and it seems fine enough, is there a certain combination you're using when choosing race/class etc? Perhaps try something different and see if it helps?

Is the error report code you're receiving CE-34878-0? If not then it's an issue with your PS4 not the game.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »
    Just tried and it seems fine enough, is there a certain combination you're using when choosing race/class etc? Perhaps try something different and see if it helps?

Is the error report code you're receiving CE-34878-0? If not then it's an issue with your PS4 not the game.

I often create characters for friends and then post screenshots of settings, and before update 11 all was working fine. I don't remember an error code as it crashes to desktop. I submitted 8 reports. Game plays fine, problem is just in character creation. As you turn the character in screen it lags and turns slowly with lag. Before it would turn faster and no lag issues.

Mainly seem to be happening with an Orc
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This crash is still continuing, and other friends have experienced it too. I've now tried with other races and the problems is the same. Crashes in middle of character creation.
  • Skeptickz
    Skeptickz
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same experience with charscter creation screen on Xbox One! When i first noticed (quite some time ago) it was not as annoying as it gets when taking your time creating an appropriate avatar... also it isnt tied to any specific "loadout" -> the problem is constantly there!

So when starting out creating a new character it first appears like everything is working fine but the time spent in character creation screen proves you wrong!
    -changes beeing made taking more time to appear on character model
    -turning the character model to some desired angle becomes an impossible task as the input you give via the controller shows on screen with lag and often times doesnt seem to be accurate (tilting the analogue stick left 1 mm a brief moment results in your character model spinning half way for example)
    -the music/audio of the game lags and eventually stops completely!
    -game crashes

(meanwhile i have re-installed the whole game already btw. didn't help it!)

i am going to contact support regarding this matter aswell!

please fix this before the release of morrowind as ppl will be getting frustrated when taking the time and effort of creating their avatar and probably having to start from scratch multiple times...