The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is a concern toward the future of game play under the new construct models

• kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Let's start off with the issue you have with Researching. It should get easier? Please, enlighten me now any job on the planet gets "easier" when learning new things. I was recently promoted as a manager, and trust me when I say this, it's certainly not easier, nor is it going to be "faster" than anything else in my life.

Think about it this way: threading a needle is "easy". You're a master now! But threading a sewing machine? Not the same. It not only takes time to learn it, but to become a master at it. You'll also spend more time threading the machine than a needle.

If I learn how to make a dress from a pattern. The next pattern I use will be easier.
    If I than learn how to add a liner on a dress I have to make from scratch. Knowing how to make that dress already saves time and learning how to properly add a liner becomes easier to figure out. Once you have figured that out using different materials and tinsel strengths becomes easier for the liners. Now let us add learning Ribbons to create frills on the dress. It’s easier because you’ve learned how to stich, you’ve learned how to layer and you’ve learned how to follow patters. So it’s easier and once you have that learning how to use different materials and tinsel strengths is easier

I learned general sewing and carpentry from my father and grandmother. I will tell you I was harder to learn what needed to be done in the beginning and as I added more to it it became easier since i wasn’t always starting from scratch with no idea

With that said.. i still think they got the concept backward but since i only have a handful of traits left to learn i really don’t care as stated it is a game quark but should be fixed.
    As for your remarks about the store, this reminds me of every other post complaining about it: "I want what I want, and if I can't get it, the game is ruined for me! I quit!"

As for the store comment, you have not read it completely. I said myself i support the game nd buy things. However. As for the Crown Crates I think there, system for it is wonky at best and even at a gamble doesn’t make sense. Again, I’m fin without participating in that as it doesn’t give me anything i really desire. The problem I have ZOS is real money purchases than realistic in game accumulations. Making the game less desirable. However that is my opinion and yes a reason i personally am looking to leave the game. This note is and was to Bethesda/ZOS to show that many people including some of us who have been Elder scroll players from the beginning are not happy and what they may want to look at doing to change it. Adding so much real money expectation right before a major release is bad for the company as well as the consumer. That is business fact unless they are trying to target gamers only in the 1%.

For housing, I consider this a bonus, not a requirement. The way ZoS implemented it was nicely done. Sure, it's going to be difficult to acquire what you need, but it's not impossible, especially with guilds selling plans. Are you in a guild?
    I actually enjoy looking for plans, because I enjoy the surprise when I find something I didn't expect. Yesterday, I found plans for a Khajiit tapestry with moon emblems. I didn't know such a thing existed! I have to say, I was very pleased with this find. I don't think it would have been the same if I found it in the store, but that's just me.

I think it is fun and cool to find and win intricate designs. There should still be a base level in which you can creat things from normal crafting materials
    But from the comment I can tell you’re not really crafter.. Therefore, this really shouldn’t concern you much. Anyone who has really put in all the time to master everything would know there should be something added for those who have done the work and accumulated masses of resources already.

Despite this, I have to come to realize my "dream" home is going to have to remain unfurnished the way I want it for now. I'm okay with this. It literally brings me back to the days I left home for the first time, living on my own and having to furnish my apartment by myself. I sure could not buy everything I wanted then, and I don't expect to now.

When a crafter in real life (again i come from a foundation of real life crafters) when you get a new place you have some bare essentials like tables, chairs, desks, curtains, rugs and so forth that you can start a place out with. Over time you can choose to get better or make better or learn more intricate items but the base should still be there.

I understand your frustration, but in all honesty, if I were ZoS reading your concerns, I would have no choice but to dismiss them, but tell the development team "Reduce the number of tempers needed to craft furniture."

I hope you understand I can't support you fully here. I will give you an "A+" for keeping your message civil, though. It's rare to see this anymore.

Truth of the matter is ZOS will probably dismiss my concerns as they have many issues and concerns the forum. As you are correct to have your own opinion and play, the game the way ZOS seems fit. I will state one last thing. The game play has changed a lot from the way the game first started to the way it’s played now. To a point that all the original reasons people became crafters or started playing in the beginning no longer exists.

So I am ok that you don’t support my concern as I don’t support your point of view. Whether ZOS DISMISSES a long time Elder Scroll player one at a time is up to them. My possibly leaving the game will be my decision. I tried to email this to ZOS and Bethesda Directly and was told to post it on the forum. Therefore, I did. I did my part in giving a company I have had a lot of support and great experiences in a concern that may upset the game and future profits.. Which is all i can do. I'm sure there able to lose a few players who pay into plus and pay into the crown store and have took the time to properly level there character.
    Edited by kriegernight on March 15, 2017 9:51PM
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    Since some people reading are not understanding the purpose of this thread I am reposting the info with the followups for any who wants to read it.

ALSO Please take into consideration I am only posting this on the forum as that is how I was instructed to communicate my concerns to ZOS and Bethesda. as Stated
    "Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Team. If you are contacting us in regards to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, please go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com and login with your game login details to open a help ticket. This will assist our Support Team in addressing your issue more efficiently.

If you are contacting us regarding another Bethesda title, please open a help ticket with our Technical Support Team by visiting http://help.bethesda.net and selecting "Ask Support".

We also encourage you to review our Support Centers for some commonly asked questions in regards to issues you may be experiencing with your products. Our forums are also great places to check for answers to popular questions. You can check them out in the links below:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/

Warm Regards,
    The Bethesda Team "
    To whom it may concern,

As an avid ESO player and Plus member I would like to take the time to voice a complaint about the new homestead model in hopes it will be fixed so not to fail. Especially with the upcoming Morrowind release. You do not want to have users with a bad taste in their mouth over this.
    Let me explain the current model the way many people on many boards have been seeing this as well as myself

You buy a house: Millions of gold and/or so far up to $100 real time Cash. If you choose the furnished units, you can get a cookie cutter model and then spend more to replace items and selling items at a loss
    If you buy an unfurnished house, you can start from scratch and hunt down all the merchants buying generic completed items as you find a merchant who has what you want ++++Gold/Crowns

Now the Option to build the items is available but you now have to scour the world for worthwhile templates and materials. Which the drop rate is very low and very random. Making it hard to become a seller of furniture or even decorating the lavish manor you just bought.

The expectation also adds after spending $100 Real cash in feb for a manor (or an island when it gets released) plus more cash for some in home essentials from the get go; you than want another $100 for the new Morrowind expansion a few months later.

Now that the basics of the model is shown and what is being spread around like wildfire I would like to tell you why I play ESO, Why I started, and what I am aiming for. As I am not the only person who plays the way I play.
    I play ESO because it’s an inexpensive fun way to pass time without going out to a bar or spending excessive amounts of money. It provides a stress free escape to a fun world where you can choose to do your own thing or interact with other players
    I started because all I had to do was buy the game and pay for my yearly PS Network. Soon after I decided I wanted to support the game and creators so I also have the per month ESO+ Membership which the perks are amazing
    My main character aspiration is to be a Master crafter. To Date I have bought into many in game items to make that a reality. I do this because, one I want to speed up my character development, but also because I want to support the game creators and platform.

If you have time to research my previous emails I have sent in, you will know I have been playing Elder scrolls since arena.
    The new model you are going after is sure to lose my interest, and if an avid Elder Scrolls player like me is willing to leave; I’m sure I’m just one of many who will.

From the beginning, the first thing that bothered me but became something I could deal with was the way researching worked in game. It was backward. Every time you research something it should get easier and easier to learn not the opposite. No big deal just an achievement quark and let it go.

I happily continued to play with no real complaints until another issue surfaced (a problem that already left a bad taste in many people’s mouths). Back in December you came out with this new Crates system. You keep buying into crates for a chance to get an item you actually want. When you don’t get it you’re stuck with whatever you get no matter what. You can’t sell it back you just have something you don’t want and you paid for it. Only if you get certain items (mainly items you can get from any crown crate) can be sold back for Crown Gems to put toward an item you want. Also if you get the same item you didn’t want and are forced to keep you than get gems back for that as well. But for a gem to real cash ratio loss. So your now spending $100+ so you can get the item you actually want instead of just having the option of buying them outright. I decided to try it a few times although it already made me a bit angry that this little scam was in play. Fine I finally decided I could care less about the special crates portion and just continue with the game and being mad that I won’t get to have the items I really wanted.

Amazing announcement than follows Homes are going to now be available and be customizable with an option to utilize your crafting expertise and plus much much more. That announcement made me very happy. It was going to be a progression of my character, a new way to earn in game gold, and a new way to use the crafting abilities that I took the time to level up and master. NO. The Money and time ti took me to get all my motifs and leveling up to master status has no bearing on my ability to make a chair. An ability in real life I can do quite easily. I now have to: One – Buy the basics for real money in the crown store. Two – Buy the basics running through all of Tamriel and looking for the different things merchants sell. Or Three – scour for days of grinding to find designs than more mining to get the an all-time low drop for the materials needed to make the items. Making my master craftsman useless. However still it doesn’t stop there. The items used to make ites from normal -> fine -> surperior ->legendary  are the same as the ones used in the the main crafting skill and are rare enough as it is to get enough for them now if we get the right design matrix, and get all the resources we need for furniture crafting we now have to use up the rare drops we get to upgrade the quality

In a few days the Spring Crates are coming out and will require a ton of real money again in order to get what you want out of them and then soon after you’re going to be asking for another 100 to expand the game this summer.

This went from a fun relaxing game to something that is frustrating and money hungry.

You need to make accommodations for those who already took the time to create a master craftsman
    You have to make accommodations for the materials used and the time spent trying to make a chair
    Many skilled works put a lot of time into making this game beautiful, fun and enticing. The last thing you want is an epic flop. I can understand those people need to get paid for their work and all these tactics help, but you are literally selling databits for hundreds of real dollars and with it its very unbalanced.

Your pushing the bottom line$ and taking the fun the fun from the game w/o even disguising it.

As for how I think the crafting should be here it goes (based on the fact you gave everyone the ability to make shirts, armor and swords from the get go but can’t figure out how to make a chair or table.)Everyone should have basic knowledge of creating basic styles furniture based on there race. Any styles that could be found or bought outright should have a book called “Lost Chapters” that can just as easily found or purchased for a reduced crown cost. At the same time mining for raw materials needs to have equal chances based on quality as any resource drop is. I have tons of ideas in how this can be fixed but the current direction will alienate the game.

When you look at my account, you will find I already have purchased the crowns to begin whether or not that is the last of the money you see from me in any elder scrolls game is up to the decisions you make. FYI if day one made “ME” this upset I won’t be the only one.

~Guy
    ----

I apologize if you are seeing this as just a major complaint from someone who is ungrateful for the greatness of the game. I would like you to understand I am not against the fact that there are specialty items that have designs that need to be acquired for the game to the means in which to create those specialty items. Now I know you can win a small room for free, actually 3 of them, in the new update which honestly is a good way to promote the interests of not only the update but for future expansions. In this light I can agree that they made the best decision. However when making a major game changer the ability to be able to create certain items needs to be available. When the game starts each person has the ability to construct there own armor and weapons, granted only in there native style, which makes the game pretty cool. You are not a slave to merchants.

As a person who grew up in a real life family of seamstresses, carpenters and more I can tell you it is much harder to sew a garment from a pattern and selecting the correct threads and linings than it is to build a bench or a table. Which is why i made the suggestion that a base level of household items made from the common supplier drops was made. You an build simple racial furnitures from those common items. Followed I made the suggestions where they could sell for crowns or make a drop companion book for the other racial motifs called lost chapters. this way it can compliment racial motifs you have already found or purchased previously. Giving back to the players of the game and to help continue the interests in the specific areas.

My worry by making the materials much harder to mine for than the common materials as well as limiting the constructs it will cause people to get fustrated and give up on the game. This obviously is not a concern to you, but as someone who loves the game series I do have a concern about making "the bottom line" a higher priority than the fun of the game.

I was told by my parents than further on by employers. never complain unless you can provide a solution that works for everyone. All I did was my part to state my concern as well as well as what I believe would be an alleviating solution with my personal stand on the game and where as a customer I may go from here.

Thank you for you for your input and the time to state your piece on my comment.

~Guy
    I grew up doing both carpentry work and construction with my dad from 10 til I finishing college. I definitely do not think one is easier than the other; In fact in there own ways there skill levels are evenly matched. What I was saying is at the start of ESO you have the ability to craft entire outfits in a style but with the launch of homestead you don't have the ability to build a simple chair from the start. I'm sorry it is easier to build a simple chair (no fancy artwork required) than an entire 7 piece outfit complete with cobbled shoes and weapon.

I hope you have a better understanding of what i was attempting to say.

~Guy

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

I think my post is getting off topic a little and honestly you reminded me what i was really getting at. So thank you.

I am OK with finding random schematics or earning them through quests and vouchers and what not as specialty items.. cause that's pretty cool as a prize. People who have took the time to level a crafting toon over splitting them respectably should have more capabilities. However everyone should be able to be able to build a base set of furniture corresponding to the crafting they chose per toon or at all in at least the style of there main character and any motif Styles they have already learned using base materials. This way the "specialty items" that can be won or purchased are not the only way to get some of the items worked very hard to get.

There are soo many ways this can still be rectified. So many ways for hard working crafters to be rewarded instead of just saying all your work is for nothing start over

Again the Style is pushing away from in game fun to stress as well as promoting Spending a lot of real money to have an ability that should already be there. I see you can buy a bundle of pre-made supplies but you cant buy a bundle of Designs that a user can craft. Even if you did have the designes the rare drop materials needed to build any of it is not easy to come by. Even my Hirelings cant find them

Agreed no matter how things are split basics should be able to be crafted. If you are 50 in wood you should be able to craft chairs, tables, sign post etc. Just like making a bow, staff or shield. After that motifs should come into play, or blueprints. I never like the way provisioning worked, almost the same. Get to level 50 and couldn't even make fish sticks without a recipe. So we do agree here, again same with gathering new material, I shouldn't need a new type of wood, metal or cloth. I can see using wax for the food items, and mudane runes for lighting etc. I think adding these materials killed any diversity in crafting furniture. I would love to have been able to make my dark elf canopy bed out of nightwood.
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    Trying to find some light to the homestead patch i've only created certain items that I have got the schematics for and again it ha given me more reason to be upset that ZOS forced me to download the 20gb update in order to continue playing.

So Unlike every house in Tamriel, purchased houses have no storage capability. Chest, Crates, Baskets Dressers.. Etc; do not spawn or hold items. the house only holds specifically homestead furnishing items that are purchased, crafted , or won as such. anything looted or is not specified as furnishing is unable to be stored here. It is strictly cosmetic and doesn't help your character develop in anyway or ability to hold items in place of bank/bag space (with the exception of homestead furnishing and trophies). Making this possibly the most expensive and space consuming upgrade ever placed for the game.

The best part of having homes in the in the non-MMO game was being able to harvest materials and being able to store items. My favorite item was the interactive Armour dummies.

Nope everything is for show however to Spend real money, tons of gold or harvest night n day just to build the items that have no useful purpose

Homestead is obviously not for me as is a pointless addition. I just want my space back and the ability to remove ahead of time game additions that I will not be using or make the house a fully functional and give crafters a more realistic capability of making working furniture