The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need a good *UPDATED* 2 handed DK build

TheCoolcg10
I have searched the internet and many forums but I can not find a good 2 handed DPS DK build. I really need one as a only get out around 2k dps as a champion lvl 144 :/ Anybody that can point me in a good direction would be great!

Thanks!
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is a reason why you don't find any 2H DPS builds. They are just worse than dual wield builds in every aspect from a DPS perspective, especially with the lack of good AOE abilities.

You could give this a try:
    2H: Wrecking Blow, Venemous Claw, Executioner, Rearming Trap, Camouflaged Hunter, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Bow: Endless Hail Poisson Injection, Noxious Breath, Flames of Olivion, Acid Spray/Igneous Weapons, Standard of Might

Rotation:
    All your dots last around 10 seconds. Start on your Backbar with noxious breath, endless hail, poisson injection, the front bar venemous claw, the wrecking blow until dots run out, repeat. Reaming trap and Flames of Oblivion are a bit harder to keep up, since they don't fit perfectly in the rotation.
    Light attack weave on bow bar, medium weave on 2H bar. If you struggle with resources heavy attack weave on 2H bar.
    Start using executioner at 20%, keep poison injection up during execute.

For gear I would recommend to somehow get to CP160, since you want max level gear. Decent sets to start with are:
    3 robust Agility jewelry (obtained from random undaunted dailies, cheap to buy, all weapon dmg glyphs), 5 Piece Hundigs Rage or Nightmother remaining 3 slots can be filled with any set that gives weapon dmg, weapon crit or max stam. Later you can use monster pieces such as Kragh or Veli. Later you can play a combination of two 5 piece sets and one Kragh Shoulder/Helm.
    Most important: Bow and 2H (Maul or Sword) should be legendary and sharpened with a weapon dmg glyph.
    As armor traits I recommend training (no joke). The influence of divines will be around 7% crit, but 7 piece training will give you around 80% more XP for mob kills. Having more CP fast will increase your DPS much more than the loss of 6% crit.

Mundus: Thief

Since you are still gaining CP i will give you a rough distribution:
    Blue: 4/6 Mighty, 2/6 Precise Strikes, 1/6 Traumaturg
    Green: 2/3 Cost reduction, 1/3 stamina reg
    Red: 1/2 Hardy, 1/2 Elemental Defender

This setup should be able to reach enough DPS to do every normal dungeon without too much trouble. Your most DPS gain will be from CP, not gear or rotation. I would not recommend to do veteran dungeons until you hit like 400-500 CP. otherwise it will be a pain for you and your group...

I hope that helps a bit! :wink:
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh almost forgot:
    Max Stam, Max Health food
    All attributes in stamina
    All armor enchants stamina
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • TheCoolcg10
    GilGalad wrote: »
    Well there is a reason why you don't find any 2H DPS builds. They are just worse than dual wield builds in every aspect from a DPS perspective, especially with the lack of good AOE abilities.

You could give this a try:
    2H: Wrecking Blow, Venemous Claw, Executioner, Rearming Trap, Camouflaged Hunter, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Bow: Endless Hail Poisson Injection, Noxious Breath, Flames of Olivion, Acid Spray/Igneous Weapons, Standard of Might

Rotation:
    All your dots last around 10 seconds. Start on your Backbar with noxious breath, endless hail, poisson injection, the front bar venemous claw, the wrecking blow until dots run out, repeat. Reaming trap and Flames of Oblivion are a bit harder to keep up, since they don't fit perfectly in the rotation.
    Light attack weave on bow bar, medium weave on 2H bar. If you struggle with resources heavy attack weave on 2H bar.
    Start using executioner at 20%, keep poison injection up during execute.

For gear I would recommend to somehow get to CP160, since you want max level gear. Decent sets to start with are:
    3 robust Agility jewelry (obtained from random undaunted dailies, cheap to buy, all weapon dmg glyphs), 5 Piece Hundigs Rage or Nightmother remaining 3 slots can be filled with any set that gives weapon dmg, weapon crit or max stam. Later you can use monster pieces such as Kragh or Veli. Later you can play a combination of two 5 piece sets and one Kragh Shoulder/Helm.
    Most important: Bow and 2H (Maul or Sword) should be legendary and sharpened with a weapon dmg glyph.
    As armor traits I recommend training (no joke). The influence of divines will be around 7% crit, but 7 piece training will give you around 80% more XP for mob kills. Having more CP fast will increase your DPS much more than the loss of 6% crit.

Mundus: Thief

Since you are still gaining CP i will give you a rough distribution:
    Blue: 4/6 Mighty, 2/6 Precise Strikes, 1/6 Traumaturg
    Green: 2/3 Cost reduction, 1/3 stamina reg
    Red: 1/2 Hardy, 1/2 Elemental Defender

This setup should be able to reach enough DPS to do every normal dungeon without too much trouble. Your most DPS gain will be from CP, not gear or rotation. I would not recommend to do veteran dungeons until you hit like 400-500 CP. otherwise it will be a pain for you and your group...

I hope that helps a bit! :wink:

Awesome thank you!
  • rov33r
    rov33r
    Soul Shriven
    When you hit c160 and will equip something as decent as Hunding's Rage or Night Mother Gaze (both sets are craftable and easy to get from various guild traders) and full Agility jewelery (robust) with weapon dmg glyps you will notice a big diffrence in your overall performance.

Once there try to run veteran Fungal Grotto II and some pledges to get Spawn of Mephala monster set. It's rather easy to get if you won't fish for divines and it should help you with AOE situations.

Try something like this:
    2H: Venomous Claw, Wrecking Blow, Executioner, Carve, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Bow: Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Noxious Breath, Razor Caltrops, Resolving Vigor, Take Flight

For single target/boss you open with Injection -> Hail (I use it for ST on bosses) -> Noxious -> Venomous Claw -> Carve - > 2x Wrecking Blow / repeat. If something is below 50% hp use Executioner instead of WB. Light Attack between every skill.

For AOE open with Caltrops -> Endless Hail - Venomus Breath -> Carve -> WE/Executioner x3 on a closest mob / repeat.

Take Flight is your primary Ultimate. Dawnbreaker is there only for additional weapon dmg. Make sure to have Carve up all the time so you can spam Take Flight as much as possible.

Spawn of Mephala set provides you with additional AOE on a single heavy attack swing every 10s. ~160cp it should tick around 1000 dmg every second for 10s so it's decent if you lack in this department. You use it on ST rotation as well.

But as GilGalad said focus on getting to cp160+ asap. Nothing will help you more.

Also keep in mind that a similar DW build will hit for 20-30% harder.

Edited by rov33r on March 19, 2017 11:45AM
  • TheCoolcg10
    rov33r wrote: »
    When you hit c160 and will equip something as decent as Hunding's Rage or Night Mother Gaze (both sets are craftable and easy to get from various guild traders) and full Agility jewelery (robust) with weapon dmg glyps you will notice a big diffrence in your overall performance.

Once there try to run veteran Fungal Grotto II and some pledges to get Spawn of Mephala monster set. It's rather easy to get if you won't fish for divines and it should help you with AOE situations.

Try something like this:
    2H: Venomous Claw, Wrecking Blow, Executioner, Carve, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Bow: Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Noxious Breath, Razor Caltrops, Resolving Vigor, Take Flight

For single target/boss you open with Injection -> Hail (I use it for ST on bosses) -> Noxious -> Venomous Claw -> Carve - > 2x Wrecking Blow / repeat. If something is below 50% hp use Executioner instead of WB. Light Attack between every skill.

For AOE open with Caltrops -> Endless Hail - Venomus Breath -> Carve -> WE/Executioner x3 on a closest mob / repeat.

Take Flight is your primary Ultimate. Dawnbreaker is there only for additional weapon dmg. Make sure to have Carve up all the time so you can spam Take Flight as much as possible.

Spawn of Mephala set provides you with additional AOE on a single heavy attack swing every 10s. ~160cp it should tick around 1000 dmg every second for 10s so it's decent if you lack in this department. You use it on ST rotation as well.

But as GilGalad said focus on getting to cp160+ asap. Nothing will help you more.

Also keep in mind that a similar DW build will hit for 20-30% harder.

Should I go for Medium armor or heavy? When going full medium I am very squishy.
  • rov33r
    rov33r
    Soul Shriven
    You can go 5 pieces medium and 2 heavy. Or 5 medium, 1 heavy and 1 light if you have Undaunted passive unlocked (but probably you don't have it yet).

You can buy 5 pieces of Hunding's Rage and either farm/buy heavy 5 pieces (head, shoulders jewelery) or 5 Hunding's' and 3 pieces heavy (head, shoulders, weapon) and 3x Agility jewelery. Just keep in mind that sooner or later you will most likely replace head and shoulders for a 2 pieces monster set before you hit best in slot end game gear.

Also if you feel to squishy you can simply morph Carve into Brawler. Then you just open a fight with a Brawler and you will be able to solo 5-7 mobs without worrying about you hp too much.

But really when you hit cp160 and equip something like Hunding's Rage you will melt through mobs faster then they will damage you ;)
    Edited by rov33r on March 20, 2017 8:22AM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have searched the internet and many forums but I can not find a good 2 handed DPS DK build. I really need one as a only get out around 2k dps as a champion lvl 144 :/ Anybody that can point me in a good direction would be great!

Thanks!

Why not look at the skills and gear and pick combinations that accomplish what you want?

Playing the game is as much about making a build as it is actually playing the game. You rob yourself of that.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • TheCoolcg10
    gard wrote: »

Thanks!

Why not look at the skills and gear and pick combinations that accomplish what you want?

Playing the game is as much about making a build as it is actually playing the game. You rob yourself of that.

I have done that for a few months now, but I hate not being able to pvp/pve without dying every few hits while not getting much damage out at all.
  • rov33r
    rov33r
    Soul Shriven
    Check out Alcasthq.com

He's a very good and dedicated lad who puts a lot of great content on his website. You will find a lot of usefull stuff there.