Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Questions about race and faction zones

jerseylocalbandb14_ESO
Hey all,

I have a few questions regarding character race. I originally played PC release and had preordered the imperial edition, so I could play any race on any faction. I recently purchased the standard edition for ps4, so that is no longer an option.

I would like to play as EHP, since that is the area I am familiar with last time I played, but would also like to play a NB cat. My first question is would it be possible to create the cat and then travel to the EHP zones, or would I have to complete the quests in my original faction first? I know I could purchase an adventure pack to get rid of the faction restriction, but am still on the fence with coming back long term.

The next question is (and it's a loaded one) as facials really that powerful? I want to roll a cat because of the better stealth radius and more crit damage. That sounds HUGE for pvp and I plan on mostly PVP. Since I haven't played in ~2 years, I'm not sure if those bonuses are as large as they sound.

Thanks,
~Vontod
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you select Khajiit and EP you will start in the EP zone, you will also PvP for EP.
    The faction you PvP for is the main difference and can not be changed.
    You can always take an boat and start questing in another zone.
    The reduces stealth radius is nice then stealing, not sure how important its for an NB in PvP.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jerseylocalbandb14_ESO
    Okay, thanks!

So, to min/max Khajit would be the way to go and just quest in the 'wrong zones, but to keep being a cheapo I can just choose Nord, Lizard, or Dark Elf.

Hmm
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks!

So, to min/max Khajit would be the way to go and just quest in the 'wrong zones, but to keep being a cheapo I can just choose Nord, Lizard, or Dark Elf.

Hmm

You can do the faction quest lines in any alliance, even without Caldwell if you get that far along. It's just a little trickier finding the way to start the quest as the game does not lead you to it like in your "Home Alliance". One person reported a bug with one of the alliances and Caldwell not recognizing the quest being completed. I did not have that issue, but I did them in the correct Silver or Gold order.

But, One Tamriel has removed all the zone locking. Note, to get to the other Alliances, look for the Navigator NPCs (Anchors or Wagons on your local Map) and they can transport you to the other Alliances.

And you can unlock the Adventurer Pack in the Crown Store if you want to. I think it is 1500 Crowns.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"