Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can't name character the same as a deleted character

MrNClayb14_ESO
MrNClayb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
XB1, US. GamerTag Silikin Tyth
I made a character (Argonian Sorceror level 3) with the name "Oover" to hold it for a friend so that when she got the game, I'd delete the character so she could use that name. Problem is, it's still saying the name is in use. How do fix this? Do I need to SUPER delete the character, or "transfer" the name or something?
Her GT is Ephah00139
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand its an hold time on character names so nobody steal it if you remake an character.
    I don't know how long this is, an hour makes sense.
    ask friend to try again
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am interested in hearing how this turns out.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Artanis
    Artanis
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    As I understand its an hold time on character names so nobody steal it if you remake an character.
    I don't know how long this is, an hour makes sense.
    ask friend to try again

Ya, I've never heard of this issue but I think this is the case. If the wait time is too long and deterring your friend from playing the game, I'd suggest putting something extra on the character name Oover (i.e. Captain Oover, Miss Oover, Oover Mage, Oover III, Oover Any Last Name)
    PC NA Megaserver
    Cyrodiil Campaign Trueflame
    <DC> Ar'tanis - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer