Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does ESO support Boost mode for the PS4 Pro?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭

Best Answers

• MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    It does not, ESO is already updated for the PS4 Pro, Boostmode only "boosts" games released earlier than the PS4 Pro (November 2016) which have not yet recieved Pro-patches.

Examples are GTA 5 and Bloodbourne, these games get a small (GTA 5) to impressive (Bloodbourne) boost in terms of framerate(-stability).

The promised Pro-features however in combination with a 1080p-only screen (better shadows, draw distance, water reflections and ambient occlusion) are not at all working correctly and I'm still waiting for a developer statement.
    The framerate however, regardless of the TV-resolution you use, is drastically improved on the Pro.
    Answer ✓
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    Boost mode has definitely improved the frame rates of ESO. I have tested and compared with it on and off as well as others I have been playing with that also have ps4 pros and have tested. We have seen it improving frame rate issues in cyrodiil with large amounts of players and in trials.

Answer ✓
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    This is wrong.

Boost mode only enables the better clock speeds of the Pro to unpatched games. ESO is patched and optimised for the new hardware and does not benefit beyond that from boost mode.

Official ZOS news on PS4 Pro features that were patched into the game months ago, way earlier than the fairly new boost mode.

The new boost mode - coming soon in the 4.5 system software upgrade - opens up the power of the Pro to unpatched base PS4 titles. - Eurogamer.net

Link to full article on boost mode

ESO is no "unpatched base title".

Conclusion: Smoother framerate when activating boost mode is an illusion and subjective perception. Sorry man :/
    Answer ✓
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It does not, ESO is already updated for the PS4 Pro, Boostmode only "boosts" games released earlier than the PS4 Pro (November 2016) which have not yet recieved Pro-patches.

Examples are GTA 5 and Bloodbourne, these games get a small (GTA 5) to impressive (Bloodbourne) boost in terms of framerate(-stability).

The promised Pro-features however in combination with a 1080p-only screen (better shadows, draw distance, water reflections and ambient occlusion) are not at all working correctly and I'm still waiting for a developer statement.
    The framerate however, regardless of the TV-resolution you use, is drastically improved on the Pro.

Thank you for the response @MasturCheef