Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Origins (Tell us your story)

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
Describe your characters background, and origins, and how they came to be. I really hope you take the time to read my character's story. And I hope you enjoy.

Blade of the Dark Moon, a human, was found drifting in the sea by a rare band of famous Khajiit Pirates, with no memory of who he was, or how he got there. After finally waking up, days after being found, the pirates, skilled in stealth and shadow, as was their nature, taught him their ways as they helped him recover, manipulating him, and taking advantage of his lost memory in a plan to use him as a weapon for their own endeavours.

They arrived in Blackmarsh with sinister plans in mind. While the pirates were preparing, he vanished suddenly, ventured off into the marsh where he discovered a Hist tree and an Argonian Shaman living nearby. He asked the shaman questions about the tree and eventually became fascinated by the Hist, after learning what 'magical' properties it possessed. He was naturally gifted at alchemy, suggesting that at least something remained of his past existence, and began on experimenting with Hist Sap, as it was believed that when an Argonian hatchling consumed the sap, it gave them their soul, and when that Argonian died, its soul was returned to the tree and stored, ready for another Argonian hatchling to gain its soul, creating the cycle of rebirth. He wanted this 'power' to become somewhat 'immortal' and tried to change the properties of Hist Sap in his alchemical experiments. After days of experimenting, and believing he had the knowledge of immortality, he said his farewell to the Argonian Shaman and thanked him for the new knowledge, the Argonian looked at him as if he was concerned about his future and simply said, goodbye.

He returned to the Khajiits, who had been very patiently waiting for his return because they did not want to plunder without him, as they made him their weapon. Furious that they'd waited for long, they argued amongst themselves and some wanted to kill him, as he ruined their plans, but he told them about what he had learned and told them that if they kill him after he consumed the experimented Hist, he would be instantly reborn. At first they didn't believe him, until he showed them what he had created. He explained that what he had was more valuable than anything that they would plunder from Blackmarsh, and if they could mass produce it and sell it, they be will rich.

The only way to prove the theory was to put it to the test. He consumed a small amount of the new Hist Sap potion, and within seconds, began to hallucinate, as this was what happened to any non-Argonian species that consumed Hist Sap. The Khajiits standing in front appeared to have changed form in his eyes, they had turned into his enemies whom he had hunted and killed long ago in his previous existence, enemies of a human deity who's temple was washed away by the deep sea, a deity who sent his shadows to dispense justice on those who had sinned against him. The Khajiits, unbeknownst to what he saw with his own eyes, drew their blades, but were instantly cut down within the blink of an eye, and then he fell unconscious. One of the pirates, a coward, fearful of the weapon he helped create, had hidden away in the trees and witnessed the whole event, he waited until he regained consciousness and they spoke. The Khajiit asked what he remembers and he said he only remembered cutting down his enemies, but not those who saved him from the sea. Once told the truth of what happened, he was riddled with guilt, and not knowing if the Hist Sap experiment was a success, he decided to part ways with the last pirate that remained.

The pirate sailed alone back to Elsweyr, and told all those stories of a great treasure of their Khajiit Ancestors that he had found whilst on his travels, an unwieldable weapon known as the Blade of the Dark Moon, that came to life and struck down his crew and that he was the sole survivor. News of the story was spread throughout Tamriel, and the Khajiit that was once a pirate, became book writer and became wealthy through his lies, or was it a lie? Fearful of the story, people began to fear this mysterious weapon and believed that the Blade of the Dark Moon was a bad omen and would come for those who wronged society in any way, and they believed that people who were found dead, especially Khajiits, were victims of the Blade of the Dark Moon, even though nobody knew that he was in fact a real person that they probably had passed by on the road. The story of course was not believed by many also, and crime and many other wrong doings were still being committed.

The Blade of the Dark Moon, many years later, mysteriously ended up being washed up on the beaches in Daggerfall. After regaining consciousness, and not remembering a single thing from all those years ago, weak and hungry, he made his way into The Rosy Lion Inn where he met and befriended a man who had just finished reading a particular book. The man gave him the book and that night he began to read it. Whilst reading the book, his head began to hurt, until his mind was suddenly blasted with visions and flashbacks of all the things he had done. He remembered everything, he knew he was the Blade of the Dark Moon, and believed that people would fear him if they knew who he was. Knowing what skills he possessed, he decided to join the Daggerfall Covenant and form his own guild known as Blade of the Dark Moon, and from there his story goes on.

Was the Blade of the Dark Moon reborn from the sea? As Argonians were reborn from the Hist? Was his Hist Sap experiment a success? Was he in fact the deity mentioned from his hallucinations? It is up to you the reader to decide.

Thankyou again for taking the time to read this, I hope I created a real picture and story in your mind. Feel free to leave your character's story here as well. I'd very much like to read yours. I actually have a guild called Blade of the Dark Moon, and my characters name is Blade of the Dark Moon, so if you read this and find me on XBOX ONE EUROPEAN SERVER, come and say hello, as you know who Blade of the Dark Moon is, you know where to find me ;)
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I invite you to read the whole story of my characters:
    The Celestial Lady

It's a bit long. Thankfully, you only have to read the first story to get my main's origin.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • obsidianprincess85
    obsidianprincess85
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone!! I love this thread so much! My character’s name is Marise Ash, but I am Obsidianprincess in the game. She is my only character.

Marise is a level 28 (as of now) Dark Elf vampire sorceress. She was born in Morrowind to very strict, intolerant, abusive, militaristic parents that were loyal to the Dunmers only and hated every other race and group. Of course, they were part of the Ebonheart Pact, but only out of necessity. She had a horrible childhood and spent most of her time honing her magical skills, so she is now a very powerful witch. She yearned for freedom and dreamt of it constantly. Her parents hardly ever let her out of their sight, but one day she managed to escape her house and decided to venture to Skyrim, a land by which she was always fascinated. While she was there, she met a Nordic woman named Kari and they fell madly in love. Eventually, Marise’s parents found out and forbade their relationship because Kari was a Nord and a woman. They continued to meet in secret. One day they were supposed to meet but Kari did not show up. She did not hear from or see Kari for months. Eventually Marise heard from a very reliable source that Kari died and that Marise’s parents orchestrated her death because they found out that Marise and Kari did not stop seeing each other. Due to the news that her parents caused Kari’s death on top of the years of pain her parents caused her, Marise snapped. She tortured her parents for information, but was not able to get anything except hatred and insults. They said that they did it for her own good. When she was sure she was never going to get any information, she killed them so that they would not be able to stop her from finding out what happened. Of course, for revenge as well. Marise left her home and now travels around Tamriel exploring the world, enjoying her newfound freedom and having fun, and trying to find out what happened to Kari.

Marise is poised and dignified, a natural born leader. She was extremely kind and compassionate before Kari was killed, but is now much much darker. She is stubborn and can be very cruel to those who deserve it. She has turned into a hedonist. Her only goal in life besides finding out what happened to Kari and getting her revenge is to have as much fun as possible. She loves to kill monsters. She became a vampire against her will after coming upon a group of them. She has recently grown to accept it and use it to her benefit. She is clever, fearless, and ruthless. She has great sympathy for those who suffer from injustice.

Anyway, there’s her basic backstory and personality, I hope it was at least semi-interesting haha. I will probably develop it more as time goes on. I was introduced to ESO about 2-3 months ago and have just started playing more frequently in the last few weeks. I’m on the PC game on the NA server, my ID is @obsidianprincess85, so feel free to say hello. Thanks!
    Edited by obsidianprincess85 on January 6, 2017 11:58AM
    "There is no world, new or old, not founded on bones and blood." ~Mary Sibley, "Salem"
    PC/NA server
    Ask me for my character's backstory!!
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome story, I enjoyed it a lot. Shame you aren't on xbox one. Would've been awesome to meet up and kill some monsters :) Thankyou for telling us your story.
    Hello everyone!! I love this thread so much! My character’s name is Marise Ash, but I am Obsidianprincess in the game. She is my only character.

Marise is a level 28 (as of now) Dark Elf vampire sorceress. She was born in Morrowind to very strict, intolerant, abusive, militaristic parents that were loyal to the Dunmers only and hated every other race and group. Of course, they were part of the Ebonheart Pact, but only out of necessity. She had a horrible childhood and spent most of her time honing her magical skills, so she is now a very powerful witch. She yearned for freedom and dreamt of it constantly. Her parents hardly ever let her out of their sight, but one day she managed to escape her house and decided to venture to Skyrim, a land by which she was always fascinated. While she was there, she met a Nordic woman named Kari and they fell madly in love. Eventually, Marise’s parents found out and forbade their relationship because Kari was a Nord and a woman. They continued to meet in secret. One day they were supposed to meet but Kari did not show up. She did not hear from or see Kari for months. Eventually Marise heard from a very reliable source that Kari died and that Marise’s parents orchestrated her death because they found out that Marise and Kari did not stop seeing each other. Due to the news that her parents caused Kari’s death on top of the years of pain her parents caused her, Marise snapped. She tortured her parents for information, but was not able to get anything except hatred and insults. They said that they did it for her own good. When she was sure she was never going to get any information, she killed them so that they would not be able to stop her from finding out what happened. Of course, for revenge as well. Marise left her home and now travels around Tamriel exploring the world, enjoying her newfound freedom and having fun, and trying to find out what happened to Kari.

Marise is poised and dignified, a natural born leader. She was extremely kind and compassionate before Kari was killed, but is now much much darker. She is stubborn and can be very cruel to those who deserve it. She has turned into a hedonist. Her only goal in life besides finding out what happened to Kari and getting her revenge is to have as much fun as possible. She loves to kill monsters. She became a vampire against her will after coming upon a group of them. She has recently grown to accept it and use it to her benefit. She is clever, fearless, and ruthless. She has great sympathy for those who suffer from injustice.

Anyway, there’s her basic backstory and personality, I hope it was at least semi-interesting haha. I will probably develop it more as time goes on. I was introduced to ESO about 2-3 months ago and have just started playing more frequently in the last few weeks. I’m on the PC game on the NA server, my ID is @obsidianprincess85, so feel free to say hello. Thanks!

• Illumisar
    Illumisar
    ✭✭✭
    Luvëk: Imperial Nightblade

Title:
    Doer of Ugly and Dangerous Things

Description:
    Eyes are alert and aware, motions are poised and measured, appearance is road worn and disheveled.

Place of Birth:
    County Leyawiin

History:
    You know what’s hard? Being born to the mistress of the local lord, a wild and dangerous huntress of modest birth and questionable repute, instead of to the lord’s own highborn wife. Know what’s harder still? Being a damnsight smarter, tougher, and cleverer than your half-brothers and sisters, and knowin' that they know the whole damn town knows it too.

You know what’s easy though? Not caring a rat’s arse about any of it.

I left home on me 14th birthday with just a rusty knife, a homemade bow, and a tattered rucksack to travel the world and make my name. Now five years gone I've been by turns a robber and a bravo, a soldier and a scout, an assassin and a spy, a poet and a lover, to name but a few. I've done service for Lords and Kings, Sorcerers and Priestesses, Revenants and Sages, and I've never killed a man or beast or spirit who didn't deserve his fate, or at least known full-well he had placed his life at grave risk through the course of his own actions. I may be a killer, but I've never been a murderer.

Through all that though I've always traveled on me own - crossed many a lonely league with no one to mind my company other than my mount, Thunder, and my wee fine pig, Toppsy – and so it is that the prospect of finding a letter from one of me well-writ companions-of-the-post fills me with such eager anticipation each time I ride into a town. Please feel full-indulged to add yourself to that roll.

To Wit:
    Well Tempered Rogue Seeks Correspondents In Matters Regarding News Of The Road and The World, Accounts and Practical Advice Regarding Ones' Lives As They Attend To Adventure and Romance, and The Exchange Of Views On Matters Pertaining To History, Poetry, and Natural Philosophy. All are welcome.

Edited by Illumisar on January 10, 2017 3:02PM
  • obsidianprincess85
    obsidianprincess85
    Soul Shriven
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Awesome story, I enjoyed it a lot. Shame you aren't on xbox one. Would've been awesome to meet up and kill some monsters :) Thankyou for telling us your story.

Thank you so much! I loved yours as well. It really does suck that we can't meet up :(

"There is no world, new or old, not founded on bones and blood." ~Mary Sibley, "Salem"
    PC/NA server
  • obsidianprincess85
    obsidianprincess85
    Soul Shriven
    I love your story! Thanks for sharing! If you are on PC and the NA server and you ever want to meet up in the game to run around and kill things, let me know :)
    Illumisar wrote: »

Title:

Description:
    Eyes are alert and aware, motions are poised and measured, appearance is road worn and disheveled.

Place of Birth:
    County Leyawiin
    History:
    You know what’s hard? Being born to the mistress of the local lord, a wild and dangerous huntress of modest birth and questionable repute, instead of to the lord’s own highborn wife. Know what’s harder still? Being a damnsight smarter, tougher, and cleverer than your half-brothers and sisters, and knowin' that they know the whole damn town knows it too.

I left home on me 14th birthday with just a rusty knife, a homemade bow, and a tattered rucksack to travel the world and make my name. Now five years gone I've been by turns a robber and a bravo, a soldier and a scout, an assassin and a spy, a poet and a lover, to name but a few. I've done service for Lords and Kings, Sorcerers and Priestesses, Revenants and Sages, and I've never killed a man or beast or spirit who didn't deserve his fate, or at least known full-well he had placed his life at grave risk through the course of his own actions. I may be a killer, but I've never been a murderer.

Through all that though I've always traveled on me own - crossed many a lonely league with no one to mind my company other than my mount, Thunder, and my wee fine pig, Toppsy – and so it is that the prospect of finding a letter from one of me well-writ companions-of-the-post fills me with such eager anticipation each time I ride into a town. Please feel full-indulged to add yourself to that roll.

To Wit:
    Well Tempered Rogue Seeks Correspondents In Matters Regarding News Of The Road and The World, Accounts and Practical Advice Regarding Ones' Lives As They Attend To Adventure and Romance, and The Exchange Of Views On Matters Pertaining To History, Poetry, and Natural Philosophy. All are welcome.
    Illumisar wrote: »

Title:

Description:

Place of Birth:
    County Leyawiin
    History:

To Wit:

Edited by obsidianprincess85 on January 10, 2017 7:53AM
    PC/NA server
  • bilka04
    bilka04
    Soul Shriven
    Hello all. That is a great post. I enjoy reading things like this. I am rather new to the game and role play i general but I am really thrilled to dive into the stuff. So here is a short overview of my characters so far:
    (Please do say if you think I am breaking any lore or any other advice would be great. As I said I am still learning :blush: )

Grozen
    ( pick here-> https://s29.postimg.org/51k5h83jr/Screen_Shot_2017_01_10_at_03_14_50.png )
    Race: Goblin (cross-breed)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

A deadly assassin very skilled in mixture poisons. If he is on a job, he takes out his targets swiftly with no trace behind. But he has a sadist personality, so when he has the chance, Grozen would take the pleasure of torturing his victims.

Born and raised in a goblin clan, Grozen never knew who his biological parents are. Aging taller and much smarter then the rest of the goblins he was always an outcast in the tribe and never got any kind of love, which build him into a sociopath from an young age. However he got a lot of knowledge about the different herbs from the shamans and soon he specialized in making poisons. But this hobby, soon led to his banishing. Experimenting with different poisons on animals wasn’t enough. He soon started to secretly drug and poison the rest of the goblins and when the clan find out they were ready to kill him. However Grozen had this coming and managed to drug most of the tribe and escape. Since then he is working as an assassin for hire. He rarely walks into big cities if he is not on a job.
    He dreams for having a cave just for him to live in with a spider pet and a lot of deadly plants in a small garden in or near the cave.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goryan
    (pick here-> https://s24.postimg.org/uaox85z4l/Screen_Shot_2017_01_10_at_03_14_36.png )
    Race: Breton
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

An ambitious battle mage with lust for power. He often uses his powers for good but the goal to keep improving his skills has made him do some bad decisions. At the end of the day if an innocent must be sacrificed for a good cause, Goryan wouldn’t hesitate to do what he must. He hates necromancers and vimpires.

Born in Wayrest, Goryan and his little sister Alle were raised on the road. Their parents were in the circus, always traveling. The mage blood was in the family but neither their mother nor father used magic for anything more then entertainment. When the siblings become of age they joined the Mage’s guild to improve their knowledge. Goryan was amazed when he found out the potential of his powers and together with his sister, both started to seek more and more knowledge to improve. However Alle, who specialized in the illusions and manipulation of the mind, joined the politics. Goryan on other hand never had such ambitions and both separated but they still have a strong bond even when not together. Right now Goryan is on the move, learning from what the world has to offer in order to improve his skills. He never misses the chance to hunt down a necromancer and secretly dreams to become the most powerful mage in Tamriel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nakozen
    (pick here-> https://s29.postimg.org/qfzv54kw7/Screen_Shot_2017_01_10_at_03_14_20.png )
    Race: Redguard (mongrel)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Nakozen or Nako as his friends call him is a pirate and a thief. His battle skills are not great and he has a drinking and drug problems but when sober he can pull out some of the most difficult thievery jobs the guild has to offer.

Nako never knew his father and as soon as he has become old enough he was out on the streets of Bergma as a pickpocket thief. At the time, that was the only way to look after his mother. When he was 20 years old she died from tuberculosis and not long after he sold their small house and joined a pirate crew. Since then he has been traveling a lot and doing all kind of dirty jobs to earn some coin. After his crew disbanded he was again on the streets. All the coin he has made he spent on drugs, alcohol and women. Right now he is visiting different cities, robe as much as he can and move to the next one. His drug and alcohol addiction blurs his mind and therefor he does not have any major goals in life at this point.

Drebna
    (pick here-> https://s28.postimg.org/y1h9nl4z1/Screen_Shot_2017_01_10_at_03_14_08.png )
    Race: Bosmer
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

As cute as she could be deadly. A huntress adventurer by heart, she is always seeking new places to explore. She likes to travel and swim. Prefers the forest but often spends her time in the city to meet new people.

Raised in an orphanage, Drebna never knew her parents. She was one of the troubling kids as she was often escaping the orphanage but always came back one way or another – either by herself because the lack of food or the guards find her. She was really thrilled by the books for adventurers and dreamed to become one herself. When she was old enough to take care of herself she ran for good and since then she managed to survive, working mainly as a hunter. However her hobby is to explore old ruins and temples and to seek new treasures. She dreams to have an island all for herself one day.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed ;)
    Edited by bilka04 on January 10, 2017 11:25AM
  • Hinola
    Hinola
    ✭✭✭
    Hey ! Nice backgrounds there :3
    But i confess i prefer mages stories ^^

Here is the one of my main, Lisbeth Greenhearth.

1484165619-perso.png
    She a breton, but Lisbeth is a dunmer name and Greenheart a Redguard nickname for lost peoples who find refuge in oasis
    May have made some mistakes, i'm not native english :3

Short version
    With no big details, and less relations between characters. The history of the guild is shorten too.
    Born as Molly Grayfield, she is the daughter of a farmer and a clay digger.
    She was kidnapped at 8 by a group of Dunmer and took to Morrowind where she worked for 4 years as a slave for the black market.

At 12, she was sold to some lords and knights somewhere in Highrock. Abused and threatened she met Hinola, another Breton slave. She finally ran away at 17, left for dead.
    She found a Redguard caravan near Alcaire with which she traveled to Alik’r where she found safety. They named her Greenheart, feed her et healed her.

Shortly after Hinola join her, freed by a group named Templars of Mara, fighting against prostitution, ***, abuse and even worst. As Hinola was too weak to stay in the desert and had to leave, Lisbeth choose to join the templars.
    She wasn’t much appreciated. She was rather funny, but due to her past she was not educated, childish, boring, not really brave, quite stupid and lacked autonomy. She had admiration for her officer, Onoska, a strong nord.

Years went by and Lisbeth grew up, and got stronger. She unexpectedly became famous for her insane joy and sadism in fights.
    Her last mission was on a farm where the owners conclude a pact with Molag Bal to take their land to oblivion for eternity. Her group freed most of the victims but the land left Nirn with Lisbeth Onoska and the little girl on it. The last action of Onoska was to send back the little girl to nirn before it was too late.They both got caught and separated.

For 20 years Lisbeth lived in a cold cell of Coldharbour..
    Until one day …

She heard later that Onoska was used for 20 years as some kind of “human battery”, to store energy from a powerful artefact, to supply a super weapon. The artefact exploded, destroying everything in the area. This explosion was one of the first events that led to the great escape in Coldharbour.
    There is no proof of it, but deep inside Lisbeth is confident that Onoska did it…

Long version
    Born in the wrong place at the wrong time
    Born as Molly Grayfield, she is the daughter of a farm-worker mother and a digger of a clay quarry. She lived her life, in the north of Glenombra, helping her mother and making some clothing. Her village have been attacked when she was 8 by a group of Dunmers who kidnapped her and took her to Morrowind.
    After 4 years of working in black market, stealing, serving and even killing (forced to kill an argonian at 10,) she was finally sold as a slave at 12 to a group of assumed honorable lords and knights back in Highrock. Here, abused and threatened to death for some years, she met a younger girl, Hinola, who finally took her place. Judged too old for them at 17 they let her run away, wounded in a land full of bandits and wolfs. Paradoxically, no wolfs hurt her and it’s an outlaw who helped her to find her way to Alcaire.

The new life
    Here she found a Redguard caravan on departure to Alik’r. She told everything about the castle, Hinola and the bosmer. They healed her and took her to an oasis in Alik’r where she found a new family. As she had no name, they gave her the name of Greenheart, which refer at the oasis, like every lost people found alone in the desert.
    Some days later Hinola was here too, saved by a non-recognized group named Templars of Mara, who attacked the castle after being informed by the redguards. But she didn’t stay long as she suffered from mental diseases. Lisbeth Took the opportunity to join the group as a fighter – even if she barely knew how to fight.

Templars of Mara
    She learned basics of fighting and swore allegiance to the divines, making her a Templar, able to use aedric magic. She became a Tuahyn: a sister, fighter of Mara. But she wasn’t much appreciated by her mates. She was rather funny, but due to her past she was not educated, childish, boring, not really brave and quite stupid.
    Lisbeth felt a great admiration for her officer, Onoska, a strong nord woman in whom she saw both the mother she misses and a beautiful woman. But her lack of maturity and autonomy made her not very endearing and everything she got from her was reject.

The end of the order
    Years went by and Lisbeth grew up. She is now 31 and fully accepted by the other tuahyns, still playing sometime the dumb girl for laughs. Unexpectedly she became famous for her scary insane jubilations during fights, and her sadism. She even became close friend with Onoska. But as the order was getting stronger the mistakes multiplied.
    The guild has to be dissolved after a false accusation turned into a rampage. Without the guild, Lisbeth was nothing. No friends, no family, she planned to go back to Alik’r. But in secret another group was forming. Onoska, one of the chef of the new order invited her to join. In the name of the “Tuahyn order” they continued their missions without any support from banks and spies.

The end of a hero, the beginning of another
    One of their mission was to free 4 women and a child from a farmer and his friends. One of the worker informed earlier the order that something big was going on. During the attack, the group released everyone but the little girl and his mother when black anchor hit the ground. The owner of the land has made a deal with Molag bal to take him to Coldharbor with everything he owns.
    Lisbeth, Onoska and a third member stayed in the farm to find the remaining victims and fight daedras while the other members took away the free women. But they found them too late, the whole land was in his way to oblivion. After three hours fighting, realizing they couldn’t win, Onoska used what remained of her power to send back the little girl to Nirn.
    The third member of the order died, the last civil woman was going mad, crying and screaming, Onoska was too weak to fight. Lisbeth knew what to do. She killed the mother to avoid her the worst but she couldn’t resolve to do the same with the woman she loved. Both was captured and separated. What happened next is still confuse…

20 years later in a cold cell of Coldharbour Lisbeth was still planning her vengeance. What a surprise when she saw another nord woman coming to her to open her door …

After the great battle
    Lisbeth knew later what happened to Onoska. As a really strong human she was took to a powerful artefact supposed to provide infinite energy and was used with other humans to be some kind of battery. She spent 20 years to contains everyday more energy. They were supposed to supply a super weapon, but one of them succeeded to release this energy and exploded a complete island.
    It’s said that this event was one of the first that lead to the big evasion.
    Today, even if she played a big part in the defeat of Molag bal and the saving of Highrock, she can’t stop thinking what Onoska could have done more in her place. Would the world be better if Onoska was alive and Lisbeth was dead on this Coldharbour island?
    So, she tries to make this world a better world, and after some month she finally recreated the order of the Tuahyn, the Templars of Mara.

1484166157-perso2.png
    Edited by Hinola on January 11, 2017 8:23PM
    PC - EU
    _______
    > Lisbeth Greenhearth - lvl 50 CP 160
    Breton - templar Tank
    Hinola Greenhearth - lvl 13
    Breton - templar Heal
    Do'Raishan - lvl 11
    Khajiit - nightblade thief
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    (I do not play Krist as the "hero" of the main story, though I suppose Krist is a hero in his own right. He is a knight of the Fighter's Guild. He could be an NPC you see pass by that has his own story. He is not the Vestige or a Vestige. He has not lost his soul or been to Cold Harbour for that matter. While all of the main quests are happening around him, he is someone else that is living in this great world of Elder Scrolls Online, with his own story)

Krist followed the path back toward the farm. He could hear his friends chatting away ahead of him, though he could not make out what they were saying. Jorn was probably bragging on how much stronger he was, Yryl probably scoffing at him as she always did. The funny part was that while Jorn was stronger than her, she would whip him in a wrestling match if he pushed her too hard. That always left the big teen mad, but he always got over it. Jorn swore he took it easy on her because she was just a girl, leaving Krist and Yryl laughing.
    Krist picked up his pace a bit, until he saw old farmer Lutas plowing the field. Krist stopped and waved, drawing a wave back from his friend. Lutas was 70 winters or more, but plowed that field better than men half his age. Krist's father Bram always said that Lutas just came from good stock.
    Freshly baked apple pie caught Krist's nose at this time, and it sure smelled to be coming from the direction of his house. If he did not hurry, Jorn and Yryl would get first cut. He gave a smile and a final wave to farmer Lutas, and ran off toward his house.
    Krist came up on the old farm house. He could see his daddy's wagon was ready for fishing. The lines hung out, the bait squirming. He could hear the laughing from inside the house, and sure enough, the smell of the pie drifting out. Krist walked up to the door, and began to push it open.......

The big warrior had the other young man pushed up to the wall. An angry look of hate across his face, the one he learned to make when he was about to kill.
    "Sir, sorry, I was told to come wake you up," the young Fighter's Guild recruit said, even as Krist's angry face began to soften back into the friendly face that everyone knew of the big man from White Run Hold.
    Krist let him go, and nodded.
    You didn't apologize here. You didn't show any weakness. This was Ebonheart.
    "Another of those portals opened sir, they told me come get you," the young man said.
    "Sorry, I was just....," Krist began, but the young man had already hurried out.
    "I was almost home."

Krist had first joined the Imperial Army after helping the Skald King's army drive the Akaviri out of Skyrim, but due to the influence of Manamarco and the Daedric Prince Molag Bal, he left the army, as did many others, when the undead and Daedric arrived. He was invited to join the Fighter's Guild, who were working hard to close the Cold Harbor anchors, and it seemed like the right thing to do to help. However, corruption had seeped into the guild, only making matters worse. Krist was a long way from White Run now, and it was hard to tell who was the good guys and who was the bad guys anymore. Even worse still, he had no idea if his family in White Run survived the Soul Burst. Rumors were that great upheavals had occurred, crops were lost, and many had died.
    Much has happened to the knight, and even now he is struggling with returning home. Having been bitten by a werewolf, Krist now has Lycanthropy, of which there seems to be no cure.
    Edited by Krist on January 12, 2017 1:09AM
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • endelios
    endelios
    Soul Shriven
    Thought i path in mine as well, play on EU pc. First character i made for rp.
    Endelt was born to a low standing imperial noble house, he grew up learning of the court but was much more willing to learn the art of fighting. He was tought by an old family friend who had serve in the Imperial army. As the years grew by he got more and more tired of the noble life, wishing to run away and live the life of a Mercenary as he hated the Imperial court and army, yet was unable to due to the guards that follow him around. Yet when he became sixteen years old he menage to fool he guard and run away only wearing an old iron amour and a sword and twenty gold. He was black listed from his Familys name and rename his last name to Endri. He spent 3 hard years learning the Mercenary way by trails and errors. Do he always gain hate and weird looks were ever he went due to him being Imperial born. Yet now 3 years later, he yawns for some new challenges, having spent the last year guarding caravans and bodyguarding nobles, it grew quite boring.

Sorry if quite short, but i rather stick it short on paper and make it longer if ask ic in game. But if ask i can make it longer.
    Edited by endelios on January 27, 2017 4:40PM
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    The Kjariksen Royal Family rules Rock Hollow, a city in Skyrim. When she was born, she was given the name 'Ahrilux', meaning 'Superior Light' because when she came into the world, the gray castle walls grew awash with light and happiness as the kingdom finally bore an heiress.

Groomed to become the next Queen of Rock Hollow, young Ahri had to choose her male counterpart among many who sought her hand. But as her 18th birthday grew nearer, realized she was not interested in the men her father's subjects brought to her.

In fact, she wasn't interested in men at all.

This, of course, was not to her parents' liking. They were unsure of what to do if the kingdom had no king. A kingdom surely couldn't be led by 2 queens' could it? Her parent's tried to reason with her, saying she could have as many maids as she wished so long as she kept her preferences hushed and she wed a man for the sake and future of the kingdom.

She refused.

The night the King was to try to reason once more, she fled to the docks, jumping on the first ship she saw. Days would pass before rousing from her hiding spot among the crates below the deck from hunger and muffled screams. Fighting? Yelling? Did she smell...fire? Oh no, pirates!

Before she could move, she felt the chill of a blade pressed tight beneath her earlobe from behind.

"Oi, you a stow, lass?" The man questioned curiously.

"...Aye," She answered quietly.

"You roll with the thieves on this ship?" He growled, the blade biting into her skin.

"I do not," She casually answered, the sweat along her brow betraying her demeanor even though he could not see her face.

"Right then, come with me," Grabbing Ahri by the scruff, leading her to their pirate ship.

Ahri became a favored crew member of the Black Sea Pirates, a ruthless band of Bretons, Nords, Orcs, and Khajiits. She ended up finding her calling as a bartender, mixing drinks for the crew and being an ear to their woes. They treated her well and when they docked at the ports, would take her pillaging with them. She grew skilled in two-handed combat and quickly became an asset to their plundering since she was much more swift and nimble than her hefty male counterparts.

The Nord sailed high and low with the Black Sea Pirates, razed many villages, broke as many hearts as she picked up, and gained valuable knowledge along the way. Not to mention her colorful vocabulary grew as well, her 'sentence enhancers' spicing up every conversation she had. Ahri's sense of adventure on the seas had her itching for more, however. And at the next stop, she'd make her move.

It was now or never.
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well weigh in. I don't feel like telling the backstories of all of my characters, so I'll just tell the backstory of the two most interesting characters, which, just so happens, are joined at the hip.

The Telvanni Twins were one of the great wonders of Morrowind in their day. Even other wizards of the Great House secretly admired them, even if they cursed them to their faces, for they had accomplished a feat of magic that had never been seen before. Not only had they mastered Shalidor's Edetic Memory, but they managed to adapt the spell to link their memories. Everything that one of them read, the other memorized as well.

With this incredible gift, the twins went separate ways in studying magic. Sherivah, the elder of the twins, studied Daedric magic and the Destruction school, while Nephiah studied Shadow Magic and the Illusion School. No single wizard could compete with their dual effort. When Nephiah learned a spell, Sherivah could cast it flawlessly, and when Sherivah memorized a long-forgotten tome, Nephiah could recite it by heart. While they both had preferred forms of magic that they each used, each could use the other's magic seamlessly.

Then, rather abruptly, the twins disappeared. Suspicions were raised almost immediately. Assassination ran across the minds of many Telvanni wizards. The truth, however, was far more sinister. The twins had been caught by surprise and were dragged into the depths of Coldharbor by the Worm Cult, where they were brutally tortured for what felt like years.

They later found themselves in ocean off of the coast of Hammerfell. By a miracle, they had escaped a plane of Oblivion. The two were never the same after that. Sherivah became reclusive and morose, while Nephiah became sadistic and manipulative. Sherivah never smiled again, while Nephiah's smirk never went away.

The twins disguised themselves as Redguards as they wandered through Sentinel, trying to decide how they would get home. Neither of them had a single piece of gold to their names anymore, and they couldn't be found out. They posed as mercenaries, using Illusion magic and turbans to hide their identities, and took any job the people would pay them for.

They hopped from one city to another in this manner until they realized something. Nephiah saw Sherivah when she looked in the mirror, and Sherivah swore she was looking at Nephiah's hands when she looked at her own. Their distinct personalities were still intact, but they couldn't tell which twin had started out with each. Sherivah didn't know whether or not she would wake up the following morning as herself, or if they would switch personalities. What was worse was when they realized that they might not both even exist anymore. One of the twins may have died in Coldharbor, and existed only in the mind of the twin that survived.

Neither of them knew who they were anymore. The same few questions ran through both of their minds. Does my sister exist? Do I exist? Am I only part of my sister's mind, or does she only exist as part of mine? What if we were separated, and the other is having this same dilemma?

These questions were impossible to answer, so they decided to ignore them for now and worry about their next move. They realized that they could use their incredible gifts to shape the entire fate of Tamriel if they wanted to. A plan began to unfold between them, one that made their former ambition to ascend the ranks of House Telvanni seem infantile and meaningless. The pursuit of knowledge and power wasn't enough. Magic was power, but so was influence. The Empire was in chaos. The twins decided to take advantage of this to the fullest extent that they could. Becoming Emperor was a boring idea, and watching the chaos unfold from the sidelines was no good, either. Instead, they settled for something in between. They would travel the continent, together or separately, and gently tug on the strings of each empire. They could choose who would live or die, and mold the entirety of Tamriel as they saw fit. Then, when a new Empire rose out of the ashes of the old, no matter who sat on the throne, the twins would hold all the power. And after they'd had their fun, they would return to House Telvanni, more powerful than ever.

They decided that they didn't want to be queens anymore. They wanted to be goddesses.

Eh, the character idea is interesting, but I think I could have done better on the backstory.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on February 6, 2017 12:08AM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    This one is proud Khajiiti, born of a strong Khajiiti father, skilled with the short blades and bow and a glorified smuggler for a mother who never bothered to trim this ones short claws. After she was murdered by maormer during a supply run gone bad, this ones father became heartsick and frail. This one was left to raise himself, and after a time found his fathers old short blades in the closet, learned how to use them and to fight. Travelled to Valenwood to study with the Wood Elf Rangers in archery and being nimble and stealthy, fell in with a crew outside Red Fur Trading Post and used this as a platform to get the attention of the Thieves Guild. Ah, But this ones lack of caring and vison filled with gold, found his father weak and vulerable during a raid on his home village and Father was killed in cold blood. It changed this one... No longer did he want to follow, he wanted to lead. In a path of blood and shadows, He learned the secret art it would take to become a Nightblade, an assassin for hire. With the morals his father gave him, and the cunning prowess and wit bred into him, he became a mercenary. This one changed his name to Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr. He contiunes his worship of Nocturnal on his own after the "Hour That Shall Not Be Spoken" during anger the night his father died, the news brought to him while having dinner at his camp outside Red Fur. ...lets jsut say spoons can be quite the utensil when provoked to such extreme stresses, yes? Obsessed with the thrill of hunting his targets and his practical studies of the art of Shadows and Assassination, he has became curious about the Dro m'Athra . So he infiltrated their ranks, learned their art of Armory and Weaponsmithing and took his talents and coin purse Elswyr (see wat this one did there?? :grimace: )

This life of shadows and solitude, murder and theivery has driven him a bit mad and the time spentdealing with the Dro m'Athra has disfigured his skin, tho he is still as handsome as ever, no? These past few moons, He finds his studies turning towards learning more about the Prince Sheogorath and his army of dreaded Golden Saints and enjoying a flagon or two with his best friend, an Argonian who affectionately calls this one "Kitty Kitty"...

Not to puff this ones fur out but he has taken many a lover, but loved only one. Who he killed by his own hand for trying to put a finger where it didnt belong.
    it was (below the tail)

He now wanders Tamriel, having become an Executioner of the Dark Brotherhood and a Master Thief, proving his worth and cunning.

They will remember his name, Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr. The Disappearing Thief, Warrior of the Night.
    Edited by NocturnalGuideMe on February 17, 2017 2:12AM
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Mivryna's parents are an Imperial politician and a Dunmer businesswoman who found new opportunities in Daggerfall. Her mother died before she was old enough to really know her, leaving her with very few Dunmer role models. She grew up rather introverted and isolated, her only friends being the mages at the local Mage's Guild chapter where she was tutored. After years of wanting to visit her ancestral homeland, she finally got up the nerve to set out on her own. She joined up with the Fighter's Guild to get a bit of experience adventuring and hardening herself to physical combat.

Once Molag Bal's invasion began, she was tasked along with the rest of the guild to drive the Daedra back. This went on for a few months before she fell at the hands of a vampire. She blacked out, feeling the cold embrace of death. She awoke in Coldharbour, confused and starved for blood. She had begun to lose herself to this torturous existence until she convinced herself to think differently. This pain would pass in time, if she could simply bear it and remember who she was.

Eventually she managed to finish her portal training using what she'd learned in the Mage's Guild, and managed to escape the daedric realm. After some time getting used to this new existence, she decided to use her newfound powers and immortality to redouble her efforts against the daedra.
  • Angelfire_Arisen
    I'm new to Elder Scrolls, and still trying to learn the lore, and I'm also a bit rusty with RP so forgive me as this backstory is still a work in progress.

Tristan, a former Dragonguard, honorable but reckless and willful. Ayil, a council Mage, graceful, kind and patient, an ever seeker of knowledge. Two souls united in shared love for each other and a duty to protect the future for those who will come after. Everything was well and wonderful in their lives. Ayil was with child and was due to deliver in the coming weeks. Tristan was away assisting in the security of some scholarly treasures. Fate did not remain kind.
    There was an attack on their city and Ayil was mortally wounded. When news finally reached Tristan, he rushed back to be with her. Her husband at her side now, somehow Ayil found the strength to deliver their unborn child before she passed. Tristan could hardly contain his emotions. The loss he felt was so great that it drove him into a rage, slamming his fist into the ground, he let loose an agonizing roar of pain. Hearing this the still quiet baby startled, gasped and let loose a cry of her own. Tristan looked down at his daughter with tears in his eyes. He grabbed her up, kissed her cheeks and held her tightly to his chest for what seemed to be an eternity. Tristan leaned over and kissed Ayil on her forehead, still moist and not yet cooled from death. Tears streamed down his face as he looked at them both. Abruptly he handed the baby to the one of the mages kneeling beside them. Standing now he spoke. “I must make right what has been made wrong”. With that he left not to be seen again.
    In the coming years, it was learned that Tristan had gone after the attackers and been slain that very day. Stories told of an evil so great that the future of all was in peril. Tristan never had a chance, alone. Angelfire was born the day her parents had passed from this world. From their love, she had arisen and it is her fate to finish what her father started, to “make right what was made wrong”, to continue her parents’ commitment to protecting the future for those who will come after.
    This was the tragic fairytale that Angel grew up with. Demanding stubbornly that her guardian retell it each night until she was of an age where the stories were no longer needed to stoke the fire. The fire that drove her to train so hard that she could barely lift her sword when she was done. To read until she fell asleep laying atop the stacks of her mother’s old books. The candles well burned out in flat pools of wax. Again, fate was not kind. That day Angel was to come face to face with the evil that had taken her parents from her.
    Angel awoke, head pounding, her body aching all over. A very tall fair haired Nord stood before her speaking of souls and a prophet. She wondered if she was dreaming as she often did, but this felt different, different that any dream she ever had. She felt a chill that went to her core and she had a sense of emptiness that so great it was hard to bare. Involuntarily, tears sprang from her eyes and she scrubbed quickly at them for fear that this formidable warrior might take notice. She hadn’t cried since the day of her birth.

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character used to play swtor. One day CS scr**** him over and he decided to uninstall and play eso.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    I interviewed Eldred of Falinesti for a work I've been working on for the Mages' Guild about Falinesti. (I shall provide subscription information for this work at the end of this letter).

I had run across him several times in my travels, usually in a bar, sometimes in not so genial surroundings. We have the roots of a name in common - Aeldred is the name in our old Bosmer tongue -- so struck up a conversation after he delivered a message to me several years ago. If you bought him enough to drink, he'd talk, but usually about other people, the state of the roads, Dremora problems, or the weather, all depending on how many pints he'd had.

One night in Riften (don't many stories start this way??), he was buying his own drinks, chatting up the barkeep, and seemed in an especially good mood, so I tried to get him to tell me about himself. We found a quiet table in the back and began to talk. When I finally got around to asking him to tell me more about his life, he laughed at me, called me a "silly hedge healer", and started to talk:

"In the bole of a tree, there lived a Bosmer. Not a nasty normal bole mind you, with squirrel stashes and bits and pieces of bark, but a purpose grown bole that the tree singers of Falinesti had called into being from a great Graht-oak.

[I interrupted him here, telling him I knew where that story came from. He begins again:]

“I was born, well, in Falinesti - thus the name. Named for a Nord my mother knew as a child, reckon it's good she didn't know his name wasn't all that Nordish, and couldn't spell, isn't it?" [more on the derivation (and spelling!) of some of the odder Falinesti names in another chapter]

"I had a normal youth - hunted, explored, got muddy and swatted for it, chased my cousins through the forests of Valenwood, and moved with the city as it made its annual circuit of sites with the changing seasons. My dream as a child was to discover where the Imga went though I never saw one of the Ape-mer myself. I still don’t know though, and nobody else is looking, so I likely never will. I nearly got my head lopped off by a goblin the first time I saw one. I thought he must be an Imga - hadn't seen one, ya know?

“I spent a year at the Altmer "College" as a boy - almost man – where I learned to read and write better than my mother had been able to teach me. I managed to find books to read despite the instructors' attempts to teach me to follow Aldmeri Propriety, whatever that is. They beat me when they caught me, but I still wanted to read. I still don’t write so well (it's the ague in the joints, you know?), but I do read every tome and note I can lay my hands on
    [and he lays hands on a lot of tomes and notes based upon personal experience—ed.].

“After escaping...um "de-matriculating" from the College, I became a message bearer for Falinesti because I could read better than most, and wasn’t one to tell others my task - nor who it was for, neither. I liked the time on the road, but always went home to my city 'stead of following that song I started to hear in my head after I’d gone to sea for the first time. Do y' like the sea yourself?

[He looked at me disdainfully after I admitted to a touch of seasickness. We Bretons are like that; we either love the sea or it makes us a bit queasy!]

“I had a reason for always coming back. She was a dear, (No, I will na speak her name until I find her) a childhood friend from a family the city mothers agreed was a good match. We always wanted children, but never had the gift given to us by the forest. When my wife got to pining about it, I could usually find that a long trip would cause her heart to grow fonder, don't ya know?”.

[He paused here to look at a locket he pulled from his pouch. He finishes his ale, pours another, then begins again.]

“All was well and good until it wasn't. Isn't that the way things go?

"It all went to pot when I was sent on an errand to Auridon. It was a simple message delivery from one of the King’s underlings to one of the Haughty…umm 'High' Elves’ ambassadors. I remember sitting in a bar, waiting to board ship for Skywatch, but that's all.

"I awoke in Coldharbour, managed to escape as many others did at the same time, making it from Khenarthi's Roost to Auridon, up the coast and across Valenwood to search for Falinesti. I still have not found it, but whenever work lets me look, I go back to the sites and try to find it again.

"All of my childhood friends are gone with a few exceptions – I found a lovely lass, the sister of my hunting buddy selling goods in Velyn Harbor, but she was away with a group of merchants when the city vanished, so was no more help than any of the people exploring and excavating away at our seasonal sites in Valenwood.

"I’ve made my way with my hunting skills, though they have been honed by some whetstones I'd prefer not to name - pickpockets, ruffians, cutthroats, professional thieves and assassins, plus some help from the Mages' and Fighters' Guilds. I tried short stints in the Dominion army as a volunteer, but prefer to not be given orders of how much I should drink, where to sleep, or whether or not the sword in that trunk was mine or someone else's. I do like shooting those fireball launcher things though. That’s good fun!

"I've learned a few trades doing odd jobs for folks, and it's easy to get those jobs when you have lots o stuff to use to do those trades, innit? Did you ever get that staff you were lookin' for, by the way?"

"Anyhow, as you’d reckon, many of my “friends” are more likely business acquaintances - the odd fence here and there (especially Vulkhel Guard, that tall elf is summat, isn’t she?), a few guild store merchants who doesn't ask where that spot of blood on the bundle of runes came from, the never-talking-always-smiling-with-those-big-teeth Argonian who gives me free potions and disguises and such. You're about the only person I've spent much time spillin' my guts to, it seems."

"Though I don't suspect you know from seeing me, I’m not much of a ladies man like most of us short fellas are -- those Cat fellers just think they're smooth.

"I 'spect it's because I miss my wife. I had a short fling during a festival in the Rift with one of the sisters in the den in Riften - not sure which, they look alike, but one is taller, and I never saw t’ other without that stupid mask on. They both flirt with me when I visit, so I generally avoids going there most of the time."

<pauses>

"I have to admit, I regret it, even tho' it's been near three years since I was even sure the wife was alive.”

[More ale here – this time I had to call the barkeep to send up a new pitcher. Digging in his huge pouch for a pipe and his alchemical lighter, he pulls random treasures from all over Tamriel out, finally giving up and beginning to talk again:]

“You know, for what most folks would call a vagabond in search of his home, I surely insist on collecting a lot of junk. I’m glad that young Bosmer lass in Sentinel doesn’t mind keeping up with them for me, nor the fine Lady from Cheydinhal who keeps my spare armor and weapons about her apartment in Auridon...that's an odd bird there, ya know?

"But I was speaking of maps: This hobby of exploring every point on the old maps I find has been to my own undoing more than I'd be willing to admit. "I wonder what's on the other side of this ridge?" has led me inta a fix a time or twenty. Nah, more than that. Lost some good bonuses for fast delivery over that <sighs heavily, and shrugs his shoulders>

“Welp. We need that new pitcher of ale, and I’m tired of talking. Why'd ya ask me about this anyway? Are you writing another book or somethin’?”

I could get nothing more out of him after that, though I hope to find him in a talkative mood again to ask him more pointed questions that would pertain more to the subject matter of my book. (For ordering information, please see below).

After talking with him many times, I believe that deep down he's ultimately good, though likely chaotic good. He often chooses the "good" path when it's available -- I've seen him rewarded for saving the odd gentlemer in distress. However, for a thief and blade for hire, he is awfully strict about the law. He doesn't see them as guidelines, but as immovable/inflexible fact; likely because the beatings at the College of Aldmeri Propriety had more effect on him than he'll care to admit. He clearly has a soft spot, as his Imagkin monkey and Tiger mount have been with him for a very long time and he loves them dearly. He tips barkeeps and waitresses well, but has little or no patience for the “righteous”. He’s never spoken of any of the gods in anything but a bad light, and has shown me several items he’s purloined that clearly came from temples – or acolytes and priests, some long dead, others likely not so long dead.

I probably shouldn’t ever divulge that I’m a Templar, after all…

Your most humble and obedient servant,

Ealdred "le Dubh".

Renowned scribe and author of the soon to be published "The ethno-history and odd disappearance of the Falinesti: In which the author interviews the remaining common mer of Falinesti to determine its wherabouts", to be published by the author.

For subscription to this exciting upcoming work, please send 50 imperial gold to the author at this address.

• Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    H U G H E

180?cb=20060917021829
    (On The Pic: The artist thought they were doing a pic of Raistlin from D&D, but when I saw it, I said no. THIS is my character Hughe! The young man is way too healthy to be Raistlin. I had done a painting of Hughe, long before I ever saw this, some 20 years ago, and the resemblance is uncanny. My painting was accidentally destroyed, so I borrowed this one to show my concept of what he actually looks like.)

I was born to a dead woman, the son of a dead father. Their names are quite unimportant, as they left me with nothing. The mid wife took me and raised me as her own. She married a farmer who had two boys from his first wife. Muriele was her name, and she was a worshiper of Vaermina. She made a terrible deal with the Deadric Prince of Nightmares, and murdered her husband and step sons in Vaermina's name. She was then to sacrifice me to the same being. It did not come to fruition though, as I pushed her into the waiting arms of the same daedric that she wished bind to her will, and from that, bound it to my own. Kmyzene, the lesser daedra, now resides in the gold ring about my right finger. While I suppose I have Vaermina to thank for such a gift, I shall not worship her, or any other. If she persists with insisting I am her servant, then she will be someday ashened to find that her servant has always been her master. Or mayhaps it shall be me incensed to find that Vaermina has played the game far better. It matters little.

I am no longer a child, I am Hughe of the Purple Robes. Why purple you may ask? That is the color of the sky, between day and night, just after the sun sets. That is where you will find me. I will not be controlled by darkness, destined to do it's bidding, nor worship the light, enslaved to some silly code of honor. If there is anything in this miserable Nirn of worth, it is the magic that comes from beyond Nirn, and that is all that matters.

Suffice to say, that is who I am. However, take no comfort in knowing this, because the next we meet, I will be whoever I wish be, and none of this will be of matter.

Edited by Krist on March 1, 2017 11:11AM
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted mine over at ESO-RP!! Check it out!

Rickter
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tylos Septim
    Imperial Commander

He disagreed with everything that was going on in the Imperial City! When the Daedra attacked he was commanded to keep the citizens within the imperial city to be sacrificed! He knew this was wrong so he prayed to Akatosh for strength! Filled with a burst of energy he ordered his legion to round up as many Civilians as possible and get them to safety. He noticed that daedra were blocking the gate so he took his very best 20 soldiers and cleared the gate. they opened it to let out the civilians but as he did hordes of daedra approached for within the city. He ordered his men to defend the gate with him in order to give the civilians a chance! Wave after wave his forces Sliced through them like a knife through butter! Then a man Tylos did not recognise approached from the White Gold Tower. He waved his staff in the air and his troops fell to the floor, their souls floating into the black crystal he was holding. Tylos tried to charge but he could not move. Mannimarco approached and whispered you have failed before placing his hand on Tylos's forehead. The world went dark. He awoke in a cell, cold and alone. He knew one thing, he had to get out. But not for him. For his troops, for Akatosh and most importantly, for Nirn itself...
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope two are ok...

Marcus Lucan Valerious
    He was a Captain of a speculator cohort in the Imperial Legion before the Emperor was lost and the Empire fell to madness. Right before that time he lost the woman he loved which set him down a bad path. When the Empire began to decline he was unable to protect his soldiers from being killed by the Worm Cult and made into undead soldiers.

He managed to escape and returned over the course of years to his home in Anvil. His family has long traditions as members of the Legion and as merchants. Of high society they are in some denial over the decline of the Empire and dismiss news of its fall as nonsense. They all regard Marcus poorly, his father the most accusing him of desertion and cowardice. People of Anvil jave respect for him and give more support.

After recovering from his ordeal he learned information regarding his love's death and has set out to search for answers.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erik Kololf is a devil may care werewolf from Skyrim. I would say more but I'm currently adding his story on the forums and want to avoid spoilers.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome back stories guys. I'm loving all of these :) Keep em coming.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been developing my last dual-character story, and I liked it so much that I decided to make another one.

Her whole life, Soraya-daro had felt out of place. Being the only human in what was otherwise a family of Khajiit was not an easy way to grow up. She'd longed her entire life to meet another Imperial.
    But not like this.
    She'd hoped that the first Imperial she'd met besides herself would be more like her: Honorable, pious, and compassionate. But Vex Scipio was none of those things. She was a former Legionary with questionable morals and strong ties to the Tharn family. She'd even claimed to have murdered a close relative, while declining to explain why.
    "Why the hell did I agree to this, again?" Soraya-daro asked, annoyed.
    Vex sneered. "Because you need me."
    It was no secret to Soraya-daro what Vex's motives were, or what business she had in Mistral. She was there to infiltrate the Dominion, earn the trust of the Queen, then strike down the Dominion from within when the time arrived.
    As much as Soraya-daro hated Vex with every bone in her body, she had to admit that the shadowy Legionary had a point. Soraya-daro wanted the Dominion to succeed, but knew she couldn't make that happen on her own. Vex Scipio knew it would be substantially easier for her to ascend the ranks of the Dominion if Soraya-daro, another Imperial, earned their trust first.
    Soraya-daro adjusted the sword at her hip, muttering through her teeth. Sure, the Legionary had her hands tied for now, but the very instant she moved to betray the Dominion, she would not hesitate to strike her down.
    She hoped only that she would be strong enough.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on March 25, 2017 5:11PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Meathook94
    Meathook94
    ✭✭✭
    My character is Ten'dura, an Argonian kidnapped at birth and enslaved by Dunmer. She eventually killed them with a meathook and escaped, earning the nickname "Meathook".

Ten'dura translates to "Runs-With-Scissors". She loves to dance, and has a form of tourettes that makes her say potato in her sentences on occasion.

Her best friend is a Khajiit named Terndoun Fowat.
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters all come from the character creation screen.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Ardynn-ESO2_zpsbizbrk8n.jpg

Ardynn Ravenheart
    Ardynn is a tall, pale-skinned dunmeri woman. She is built like a dancer and moves with predatory grace. The left side of her body is covered in deep, extensive burn scars, but despite this, she still manages to be somewhat attractive. The damage to the left side of her body has robbed her left hand of some of her manual dexterity. She dresses plainly when "at work" in whatever armor is suitable for what she is doing, but often enjoys dressing in finer clothing when the opportunity present itself. She tends toward a morbid, dry sense of humor, usually understated so as not to offend or clash with her Redoran upbringing. She is most often seen wearing a gigantic dunmer blade and a destruction staff upon her back.

Background: Ravenheart is merely a nickname, a title. Ardynn is a member of a quietly prominent family in House Redoran. Sometime before her birth, Ardynn's mother was taken as a slave by a sadistic dunmer vampire of Clan Aundae. Using cruel experiments and horrible torments, the vampire forcibly bred his aristocratic young slave, resulting in a pair of half-vampire children: Ardynn and her sister, Galyn. Before the experiments could be completed, however, the captives were freed when soldiers of House Redoran forced the vampire to flee without his slaves. They were all returned to Ardynn's grandparents. Despite their accursed origins, Ardynn and Galyn were permitted to remain in the family, as they were seen to be living and innocent. It didn't take long for their grandparents to accept and even adore them, allowing them something like a normal, healthy upbringing. Sadly, their mother succumbed to madness, and took her own life. While little Galyn clung to her grandmother, Ardynn, being the older and more emotionally scarred of the two, took more to her grandfather, learning to fight and to judge. While at first, the old man was somewhat distant, he gradually came around, taking the child under his wing, despite her... odd traits.

It took many years for Ardynn and her sister to find acceptance within House Redoran, and their reputations were always shadowed by their blood-cursed past. Just so, their grandparents' reputation as decent, upstanding dunmer allowed them the chance to prove themselves - even though they often had to work twice as hard to achieve renown than a "normal" mer might. Gradually, they learned how to call upon their blood, to sense vampires and other hidden threats. Their zeal for hunting down monsters and necromancers earned them first grudging respect, and then genuine acclaim. While the girls were rarely embraced, they were usually accepted within House Redoran without further comment.

It was while completing a task for a Redoran lord that Ardynn's heritage caught up to her. Her monstrous father had watched his dark children from afar and had contrived to bring them to him in servitude. Subverting a small, isolated town to the worship of Molag Bal, the vampire waited for the local lord to investigate, capturing him to use as bait to draw his daughters in. While Ardynn managed to save the lord and purge the town of daedric influence, her father damaged her badly, in both body and soul. Using eldritch fire, the vampire scarred his erstwhile daughter, wounding her vanity, but stoking her fury. Despite this, she still struck him down and scattered his ashes. While returning home to tend to her wounds, however, Ardynn was overpowered by Worm Cultists, and soon woke up in Coldharbour. A long, reality-twisting set of events led to her eventual escape and reclamation of her soul, but Ardynn is now somewhat at a crossroads in life.

Current Sketch: Through Meridia's manipulations, Ardynn is once more alive on Nirn, and in possession of her own soul. Her time in Coldharbour has marked her, deepening her once-faint vampiric qualities into actual active traits. Though not a blood-ravening beast or a member of the living dead, Ardynn is still struggling a bit with her somewhat altered self. As a result, in order to distance her family from harm, she has left Vvardenfell behind, tending to family holdings on mainland Morrowind and using her nickname instead of her family name. With no real context for her powers and nobody to truly confide in, Ardynn is somewhat sullen and withdrawn. Her skills have led her to achieve much in the Fighter's and Mage's Guilds, however, and she has an open and honest personality. When dealing with others, Ardynn is reserved, but polite, and those who can get past her tendency to keep people at a distance will find a sly, somewhat morbid sense of humor.

Despite her dark heritage, Ardynn is a noble soul, devoted to the defense of the innocent. Having been a slave to her father as a child, and at times being mistreated by her fellows, Ardynn does not support the slavery or mistreatment of others. This quality played a part in her decision to move to mainland Morrowind with the signing of the Ebonheart Pact. She is sometimes bitter, and doesn't rest well, but takes all struggles with a typical Redoran stoicism, sometimes puctuated by a dry, deadpan snark.

Mechanics and Player's Note: Ardynn is a dunmer Templar vampire, at least as far as game mechanics allow. As far as RP and narrative, however, she is a dhampir, and her vampiric powers are a touch different. For one thing, she is a living person, not undead. Also, while I am more than happy to give bites in-game, those are considered out of character, since Ardynn cannot ICly spread vampirism. On a side note, I would love to find Ardynn some friends. She might not want any, but she probably needs some to keep from withdrawing too much and being a crazy person. I play on PC-NA under the global @AdriRaven if anybody is interested in making friends.
    Edited by AdriRaven on March 27, 2017 5:51PM
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by an ill-tempered corvid.
  • thrillho5000
    thrillho5000
    ✭✭
    Long story short? I'll try to summarize, but I get verbose pretty fast.

Thavrin of Ill Omen isn't from the Second Era. He once lived in Skyrim as a wandering alchemist. He was trying to create, among other things, a synthetic version of sleeping-tree sap. He had other projects too, one of them being an attempted Dreamstride potion. It didn't work out as planned, and when he realized when/where he was he went bug nuts. It doesn't take long for a freaked out Bosmer to land himself an overnight stay in an Imperial prison of course, so from there he ends up in line for sacrifice, blah blah, and then his grand misadventure begins.

All in all he doesn't mind being in the second era! They have way nicer clothes and food and his past is further from him now than ever before, and he's accumulated so many precious fur-babies. He does wish that his partner was still by his side though... :/
    Main: Thavrin of Ill Omen
    Class: screwup Dual-Wield Stamblade DPS/Tank hybrid, aka "The Near-Death Experience"
  • rtaylor63
    rtaylor63
    Hey guys thought I'd leave a story for my character here let me know what you guys think.

Urag Gro Bakh
    An orc from the stronghold Bakh in the mountains of High Rock. raised in the arts of warfare from birth, Urag was the greatest warrior in his stronghold, leading many skirmishes and raids against the enemies of Bakh from goblins to raiders. He was trusted and respected by many, including the chief Shakhul, who was his best friend and comrade growing up. As orc culture goes, only the chief is allowed to have wives; and Shakhul had a total of 4 wives. One of them, Aroul had taken a liking to Urag for not only his prowess in battle but for the admiration given to him by countless villagers ; they then started seeing each other behind Shakhul's back. It was only over the course of time that Urag and Aroul had began to fall in love, and though they yearned to be together they could not, not when she was still the wife of the chief. Shakhul had begun to notice that one of his wives would constantly slip away, and though he had his suspicions he paid it no mind. Years went by when Bakh was visited by a regiment of soldiers, under the banner of High King Emeric. Among them was an emissary sent to bring an offer of an alliance between the orcs, redguards, and Bretons themselves. This alliance would be known as what is now called the Daggerfall Covenant. The constant struggle of the battle for Cyrodil with the other faction known as the Ebonheart Pact and the Aldmeri Dominion, the king sought allies in his campaign to claim the Ruby Throne and bring all of Tamriel to heel under the rule of the Daggerfall Covenant. In the message brought by the emissary besides the promises of riches and glory, was the promise to help the orcs rebuild Orsinium, the original province of the Orcs, and the word of the High King himself that it would be under the protection of the Daggerfall Covenant and would be left alone to prosper and grow. Urag and Aroul were ecstatic about this news, to have their homeland taken back and allowed to remain without threat. However while this offer was taken gladly by them and other Orcs, there were far more that were hesitant, if not blatantly offended by the offer given them; seeing as how the Bretons were the ones responsible for bringing the last Orsinium to ruin. While many were wary and hesitant of this promise, none were more so than Shakhul, who was not only hesitant, but outraged by the High King’s promise. Despite the pleas of Urag, Aroul, and the other orcs who were in favor of the offer, Shakhul would not agree to it, and in response he planned to raid one of the cities of Daggerfall known as Wayrest to send a message to the Bretons and anyone else who mocked the Orcs with false promises and cloak and dagger alliances. Urag had tried to talk him out of it, knowing that the attack would only mean a massive and swift retaliation against Bakh and the other strongholds, but Shakhul would not listen to reason. Fearing that the Daggerfall Covenant would destroy the stronghold if the attack was successful, Urag planned to flee from Bakh with Aroul; though the problems of being clanless seemed threatening, the alternative with Shakhul’s plan was terrifying in comparison. As they readied the horses to leave in the dead of night, Shakhul along with the other soldiers of the stronghold caught them trying to escape. Seeing them together, Shakhul had realized that they had indeed been seeing each other behind his back. Enraged, he and the others drew their weapons against Urag as he shouted at Aroul to ride to Wayrest and warn them of the attack. Other orcs who sympathized with Urag had taken arms with him and fought against Shakhul and his mer. By dawn Urag was the only survivor on either side as the other orcs were all dead; among them Shakhul who was slain by Urag himself. Only the shaman of the stronghold remained and for his crime of breaking the Code of Malacath, he sentenced Urag to the eternal blood price: that he and anyone close to him will be neither welcomed nor wanted in any of the strongholds, and he shall be forever hunted until he has been slain and sent to the oblivion plane of Ashpit to be judged by Malacath himself. Urag later found Aroul, slain by one of the orcs who lied beside her with a dagger in his gut. Heartbroken and devastated, his lover dead and his home destroyed, he wandered the realm of Tamriel as a mercenary, selling his swordarm for gold while finding the battle that would eventually kill him; if not his bounties then his kin who hunted him relentlessly. Urag did eventually find death at the hands of the Worm Cult led by Mannimarco and was sent to the oblivion plane of Coldharbour, under the rule of the Daedric prince Molag Bal. However, he was set free by Lyris and the mysterious Prophet. Back in the world of Nirn and with the knowledge of the threat of Coldharbour looming on Tamriel, Urag takes his blade up once more and fights against the threats that Molag Bal, Mannimarco, and the Worm Cult bring, along with pledging his sword to the Daggerfall Covenant to give his people a home; this and the promise of gold and riches urges Urag forward as he fights for his place in a realm filled with strife and war.

Personality: Urag Is calm and level headed in almost any situation; only bringing his rage forth in battle and even then, still manages to keep a level head. After the deaths of many of his clansmen and his lover Aroul, Urag has been taken to a point of sadness and a bleak outlook of the realm, with the only thing driving him forward the promises of gold and his eventual death by the enemy. After his resurrection from Coldharbour. Urag is now set with a new purpose and determination to rid the world of Nirn from Molag Bal's influence and to give his people a new home in atonement for his crimes against the orcs and Malacath.
    Appearance: Urag Is a well built above average height orc. He has green eyes and pointed ears. He has a bald head with a full beard(beard color is dark brown). His face is marked with a scar given to him by Shakhul in his battle against him and the other orcs.
    Abilities/Powers:
    • Tactician: Urag's years of battle experience has made him an expert in battle plans and formations. From finding the enemy's weak point to causing a squadron of soldiers to scatter in a panic, he has a plan for almost any situation
    • Master Swordsman: From birth Urag was trained in the arts of war, making him a more than formidable opponent on the battlefield. With sword and shield in hand, Urag brings the fight to the enemy and leaves none standing in his wake
    • Expert Archer: Urag was also trained in the bow, making countless kills from miles away with no one noticing. From hunting game to picking off groups of foes, Urag rarely misses his target
    • Endurance: Years of battle and torture by Molag Bal have made Urag almost completely tolerable of pain. His reserves never running out, Urag can go toe to toe with groups of foes for hours on end before beginning to tire. This and his battle rage completely blind him from even the very thought of pain
    • Berserk Rage: Like all other orcs, Urag has a berserk state he can call upon in battle. However, even by orc standards, his rage is on a completely different level, allowing him to fight fiercely and savagely, despite wounds sustained in battle or from loss of fatigue. This and the fact he can barely control himself when in this state , Urag only uses his Berserk Rage when he is in a tight spot and when there are no innocents around him.
    Class: Dragonknight
    Weapons:
    • Sword and Shield
    • Bow

Role in Party: Tank and/or DPS
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the stories coming! Great work everyone!