Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about removing Master Merchant data

Annalyse
Annalyse
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been having a lot of issues with MM lately. It got to the point where I couldn't load characters in at all until I delayed initialization. It then loads up 568 days of items for me even though I reduced sales history to 15. What I would like to know is if there is a way to remove all of the older data but still leave two weeks worth or so? I don't want to reset and clear all of it because I use it to keep track of a number of things, but I don't really need data beyond a couple of weeks.

I posted on the MM site but just thought I would ask here in case anyone had experience with this.
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you not want to reset it? As far as I am aware resetting MM clears out all data older than 14 days?
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    I have been having a lot of issues with MM lately. It got to the point where I couldn't load characters in at all until I delayed initialization. It then loads up 568 days of items for me even though I reduced sales history to 15. What I would like to know is if there is a way to remove all of the older data but still leave two weeks worth or so? I don't want to reset and clear all of it because I use it to keep track of a number of things, but I don't really need data beyond a couple of weeks.

I posted on the MM site but just thought I would ask here in case anyone had experience with this.

@Annalyse

Blobsky gives a good guide to using the tool.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Su6bdzUobdI
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you not want to reset it? As far as I am aware resetting MM clears out all data older than 14 days?

I didn't want to reset it without knowing what it would keep. I was concerned that a reset would wipe everything and start fresh, but I need to keep track of a few things so a couple of weeks worth of sales is a necessity. If it keeps that then I'm good!

@Annalyse

Blobsky gives a good guide to using the tool.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Su6bdzUobdI

Thank you!

Edit: just watched that and unfortunately he doesn't say anything about the reset function or clearing older data. I guess I will have to just try a reset and hope for the best.
    Edited by Annalyse on February 21, 2017 5:18PM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note in case anyone else was wondering the same thing - reset will wipe everything but then restore 10 days worth of sales data. A bit lower than I'd hoped for but at least things are running very smoothly now.

I just wish MM had a setting to keep it from storing that much data in the first place. I'd love for it to stick to around 30 days.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note in case anyone else was wondering the same thing - reset will wipe everything but then restore 10 days worth of sales data. A bit lower than I'd hoped for but at least things are running very smoothly now.

I just wish MM had a setting to keep it from storing that much data in the first place. I'd love for it to stick to around 30 days.

Have the same problems with the loading problems. Ill try to reset the data too. Thanks in advance
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Kylric
    Kylric
    ✭✭
    I was having the same problem and did a reset as well. It resolved the problem. I think it's trying to read and update data as the game is loading, which causes the issue. Hecl if I know for sure, but doing a rest helped.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    well, even if you reset, a fresh scan would pull from the server history, which is about 10 days worth of data.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    so what you would want to do is change your settings to the new ones that you want for the lower thresholds for keeping data, and then do the reset.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    so what you would want to do is change your settings to the new ones that you want for the lower thresholds for keeping data, and then do the reset.

How do you do that? I have looked everywhere trying to figure out how to make it hold less data. I would love it if it dumped sales data older than 30 days.

The reset keeping 10 days worth of data I don't mind. I need at least 10 days worth to track my sales in certain items. But I don't want it to keep piling up to 500 days worth like it did before (though at least I know now I can periodically reset if need be).
    Edited by Annalyse on February 27, 2017 5:07PM
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at work, will screen clip when I get home.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at work, will screen clip when I get home.

If the setting you mean is the sales history one, mine has been set to 30 since I started (I think that is the default). I tried lowering it thinking it might affect that, but it looks like it only affects the max number of days it will show when you look at the data of an item. I couldn't find anything else that related to sales data in the settings but I did try playing around with a few things.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    66f95808f32db5b534f9079479d9b637.png

Sales History Size is the one you want to adjust - it's how many days worth of sales data to keep. The tooltip even tells you that lowering it may reduce the performance impact of the addon.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on how busy your guilds are, even 30 days can potentially be a LOT of transactions.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can setup min and max count for each items. Keeping max count reasonably low helps a lot with performance and allow to keep long enough history for low traffic items
    Edited by Soella on March 3, 2017 3:20AM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    66f95808f32db5b534f9079479d9b637.png

Sales History Size is the one you want to adjust - it's how many days worth of sales data to keep. The tooltip even tells you that lowering it may reduce the performance impact of the addon.

But mine has always been set to 30 and it was saving 500 days of sales. That is the problem. I want it to save 30 only. I even changed Sales History Size to 15 to see if that would fix things but it doesn't seem to change anything. It has saved more than 15 days worth already.
    Soella wrote: »
    You can setup min and max count for each items. Keeping max count reasonably low helps a lot with performance and allow to keep long enough history for low traffic items

I have done that also and it helps some, but it still saves the small amounts of items for literally years unless you reset it. My 500 day old sales were all generally unique items, but there were still a lot of them. I wish there was an option to stop that!
    Edited by Annalyse on March 3, 2017 3:31AM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems that all I can do is reset every couple of months to keep data from piling up.

Edit: meant to add this to the previous comment but accidentally posted a new one instead. Wish we had a delete function.

Edited by Annalyse on March 3, 2017 3:24AM
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭

But mine has always been set to 30 and it was saving 500 days of sales. That is the problem. I want it to save 30 only. I even changed Sales History Size to 15 to see if that would fix things but it doesn't seem to change anything. It has saved more than 15 days worth already.

I think that's because you haven't reached the minimum items limit yet. For the data to expire, it needs to exceed the maximum days and also have reached the minimum items limit. So low volume items tend to stick around forever unless you reduce that limit too. In theory changing minimum items to 0 or maybe 1 should have the effect of making the maximum days a hard limit (haven't tried it so not 100% sure - I actually like to retain a little data for these low volume items).

Edited by WyndStryke on March 10, 2017 11:45AM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WyndStryke wrote: »

I think that's because you haven't reached the minimum items limit yet. For the data to expire, it needs to exceed the maximum days and also have reached the minimum items limit. So low volume items tend to stick around forever unless you reduce that limit too. In theory changing minimum items to 0 or maybe 1 should have the effect of making the maximum days a hard limit (haven't tried it so not 100% sure - I actually like to retain a little data for these low volume items).

I do definitely need to retain a certain amount of sales data. I'd need at least two weeks worth of data, but I sell a lot of crafted items in all of my guilds so it is possible to sell the same thing 5 times in a day. Thus I'm worried that if I set the minimum items limit too low, I will lose data on those sales - I'm not sure how it works. If it just set the maximum days as the hard limit that would work, but I've been nervous about playing around with it and potentially losing data that is necessary for me to maintain my sales. That said, if it did remove such data, I guess I could probably revert it by changing settings and doing a reset? Maybe I will test it out later.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a note - I tried changing minimum items to the lowest (1) and having sales data at 20 days, but it changed nothing. I then tried also setting maximum items to the lowest (100) and still no change - 27 days of sales kept. This included reloading the ui between changes, and relogging once in case that made a difference.

So honestly, I'm still unsure as to what those settings do. But it doesn't seem to help with my issue - I'll just have to do a reset once a month or so to clear the old data I suppose.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Just as a note - I tried changing minimum items to the lowest (1) and having sales data at 20 days, but it changed nothing. I then tried also setting maximum items to the lowest (100) and still no change - 27 days of sales kept. This included reloading the ui between changes, and relogging once in case that made a difference.

So honestly, I'm still unsure as to what those settings do. But it doesn't seem to help with my issue - I'll just have to do a reset once a month or so to clear the old data I suppose.
    If you change minimum items to 1, then it will keep exactly 1 of every item that hasn't sold within your max time. If you change minimum items to 0, then it will keep nothing older than your max time. The problem then is that some things rarely sell, so you won't have any data at all on them.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »

If you change minimum items to 1, then it will keep exactly 1 of every item that hasn't sold within your max time. If you change minimum items to 0, then it will keep nothing older than your max time. The problem then is that some things rarely sell, so you won't have any data at all on them.

I don't look at data beyond the 30 day period anyway. Prices change too much. But the slider only went to 1 for me in minimum items and wouldn't let me choose 0. And when I did set it to 1 it didn't change anything at all - even with sales history set to 20 days, the later days of sales that it had retained still had multiple of the same item (I sell a lot of crafted gear in multiple guilds so it is not uncommon to have 4 of the same thing sold in a day). This after both reloading the ui and relogging.

Maybe mine is just having issues? I wish the settings were less confusing. I don't like having to cut to 10 days of sales every month with a reset but nothing I try to keep it from going beyond 30 days seems to work.

• codybrewer78b14_ESO
    I am having this exact same problem. No matter what I change the settings to MM just keeps collecting data. I even tried uninstalling the add on and reinstalling. It still does it. I think the program is bugged or something. I will have to continue to reset as well to keep from running out of memory when the data reaches like 2 months or so.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was immense helpful. After Clockwork City and after joining 4 very large and competetive trading guilds with loads of sales I experienced severe log in time outs after a while. As there was CwC as a new DLC and many outdated addons it was rather difficult what was causing this.

Now I know that over 750k sales data in MM is far too much. I resetted it (10 days sales info in good trading guilds is pretty sufficient to get a clue about the most important item prices) and delayed in addition initialization. The log in problems vanished from one second to another.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a bit of a Necro but Flameheart how did you get it to work? I am in the same situation Annalyse is in. No matter what variables I change it still stores insane amounts of data and makes the whole game unplayable including an incredibly slow log in that often times out.

I have tried:
    /mm clear
    /mm clearprices
    all the other /mm commands that come up when you type /mm help
    change the times in the setting box to 14 days
    changed sales history size
    changed minimum to keep
    changed maximum to keep

relogged, reloaded, restarted dozens of times.

From my point of view none of these changes have done anything and I am at the point where I can play the MM game or ESO.

My current workaround is to have it off by default but every few days grab all the items I want to sell. Log out. Switch off the game. Reset the entire computer. Restart and reload. Once I am loaded into my character reactivate MM and reloadui. I will be at about 1 frame per two seconds, but can VERY slowly do my sales. Buying stuff is a nightmare.

Can anyone PLEASE let me know how to make MM work properly?

PS: It isn't the computer, it is a 8 month old gaming PC.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been a fix for this? mine is set to 15 days down from 30 and it still have history from like 270 days old at times. there is no reset still for this add on and deleting all the files/temp files does nothing to help as i have dont that 3 times in the last year. i guess its just a teaser button lol. thanks for any advice or info that would keep me from seeing months old data other then shift key as the amount of data is the problem with the delays and fps problems caused by this app.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been turning off MM except for when I'm making a bank/sell stuff run. Seems to help a good deal.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    I have Minion and can't seem to be rid of Master Merchant, that I tried and didn't like. I have it turned off in the Addons list ingame, but would rather it not even be installed to have to turn off. But for some reason, no matter how many times I remove MM and the data files from my Live/Addons folder, it keeps coming back. How do you get Minion to understand you don't want it continually re-installed again?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Minion and can't seem to be rid of Master Merchant, that I tried and didn't like. I have it turned off in the Addons list ingame, but would rather it not even be installed to have to turn off. But for some reason, no matter how many times I remove MM and the data files from my Live/Addons folder, it keeps coming back. How do you get Minion to understand you don't want it continually re-installed again?

I go into Minion and hit "delete" and then when it asks if I'm sure and want all saved variables deleted as well, I say yes.

So far that seems to work for any of the addons I don't want on my account any more.

Turning it off from inside ESO still leaves it on your computer, and Minion will still try to keep it updated for you.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    But for some reason, no matter how many times I remove MM and the data files from my Live/Addons folder, it keeps coming back.

!!!!Logout!!!!!

Delete folders completely:
    c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOns\MasterMerchant
    and MM00Data to MMxxData (last one should be MM16Data).

Start Minion.
    It stil shows Master Merchant instaleld as Minion keeps the entries within the Minion.xml file and IS NOT scanning your live/AddOns folder each time. It only scans as you setup Minion enw and chose the addons folder! So you manually need to remove addons via right click ->Uninstall within Minion as well, or simply do it directly in Minion like newtinmpls already described.