Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly kicked to the login screen. Why is this happening?

Seadle
Seadle
✭✭✭
It doesn't matter what I am doing, I could be trying to pick a character or just simply read my mail, I've disconnected doing dungeons, dolmens, trials, and a plethora of other things. I know others are having the same issue (I barely can get into the actual game I mean hell, I'm paying $15/month I should be able to play) where it will kick to me to the log in screen and my game will freeze and MS will spike to 999+ randomly. GTX 1080 8gb d5, i7 6700k 4ghz, 32gb of ram and over 400gb of ssd left. Why is this happening? It just started about a week and a half ago and figured it'd be hotfixed. Every other game I log on to I get 40-45ms and my download/upload speeds are normal. I've been around since beta and it wasn't even this bad d/c wise.
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    Same damn problem for me and a lot of people. Started happening last week, and no solutions i have tried has worked. There is no rhyme or reasons to these sudden DC's. Im lucky if at least i get thirty minutes of gameplay before being booted to login. Sometimes only a few damn moments of gameplay before boot to login.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Its been happening to me since right before the December holidays. Irritating as hell!!
    My brother just started playing the game and he's got the same issue.

His character is around level 15 and he's already contemplating quitting ESO because of this.
    Getting kicked is one thing, but right to the login screen is really painful.

Getting kicked to your char selection screen will be an improvement, even if the core issue isn't fixed yet.
    And here's why that is a possibility:
    Something disrupts communication to the servers (or alternatively its some client issue)... you are not getting kicked from the server itself. I keep my login password on a notepad file while playing because I got tired re-typing my password
    multiple times per every few minutes. If you do this fast enough your login isn't allowed because the server says you are already logged-on. So according to the server you are not kicked, something else (on ZOS' side) causes your client to lose its connection/session to the server. The third reason why I say the server doesn't kick you (rather communication gets disrupted) is when you are busy doing something and you get "kicked", it would imply that you get logged-off from the server and your session terminated... yet sometimes when I get "kicked" to the login... when I get back in-game I'm sommer of the times dead, which means you session (login) are still running and alive.

Then on a design decision... why exactly are we getting dumped to the login screen and not the char selection screen?
    Its not like the client suddenly forgot who you are?

I cant see what the big issue could be doing a stealth re-logon on the info the client already knows and set you back to the char selection screen instead.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm already worrying if I will actually be able to play ESO come 7th June, because I'm sure Morrowind is going to wreck their server capacity that would make my past holiday season look like childs play.
    Edited by Korax on March 3, 2017 9:06AM
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    Korax wrote: »
    I'm already worrying if I will actually be able to play ESO come 7th June, because I'm sure Morrowind is going to wreck their server capacity that would make my past holiday season look like childs play.

As am I, I already preorder the CE and I'm afraid I'm not going to actually be able to do anything with it.
    Edited by Seadle on May 27, 2020 8:47AM
  • elek2008
    elek2008
    Soul Shriven
    I've been trying to get support to help me with getting kicked to login screen. Its been a few days since they asked for my Game Consultant and have not replied back. It started with the housing update and has been a problem since for me. I have a high-end pc with highspeed internet and play multiple other online games without any issues or lag. It has to be something wrong on their end but not sure why it doesn't effect all players. People keep complaining about this and even ask for refunds but no one at ZOS is talking about it. The only time they have replied was a bot telling people to port forward and use run as administrator.
    Edit: What OS are you using? Im wondering if its a specific OS related problem.
    Edited by elek2008 on March 3, 2017 9:16PM
    All Hail the Holy Pocketed Workpants of Lok.
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running Windows 10 Home, my old PC that I did everything up till about 2 months ago was Windows 7 Home. But, I have friends who run Windows 7/8/8.1/10 that are still encountering this issue. I don't think its OS related.
  • elek2008
    elek2008
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I've been reading more complaints about this problem. It happens to a range of OS and Hardware users. It has to be something on zenimax's end.
    All Hail the Holy Pocketed Workpants of Lok.
  • Longhorn90
    I have had this same problem since I came back to ESO in January. I can play just fine but when I hit the 30-35 minute mark I am kicked out to the Login Screen with no error messages. If I try to login right away I get a message that I am already logged in so I wait a bit and then can log back in just fine. Not being able to stay logged in for longer than 30-35 minutes at a time just about makes this MMO unplayable. Its a shame as I do not have this problem with any other MMO's that I've played (WOW, GW2, LOTRO, AA, etc.). I have a 200/20 plan from my ISP (Grande Communications) and can stream HD video content (including 4K) just fine as well. I opened a support ticket with ESO Customer Support back in January and went through all of the recommended suggestions:

- Remove Add-Ons
    - Flush DNS
    - Reboot Cable modem and router
    - Replaced Cable Modem (NetGear CM600)
    - Added the recommended port triggers on my router
    - Allowed access to ESO executables via my firewall (Norton Internet Security)
    - Re-installed game 2x
    - Used hard coded IP as well as DHCP provided IP
    - Repair game and delete Host.Developer files

None of these have made a bit of difference with the disconnects to the login screen continuing to occur right at about the 30 minute mark. This is too consistent to be random so there has to be something else going on that is causing this. I have seen dozens of threads on this forum with users documenting the same type of behavior. Beginning to wonder if Zenimax has some type of back-end infrastructure where certain routes to their servers are being routed through inefficient gateways which is creating latency between the ISP and Zenimax. There have been times when I have ran a TRACERT to the Zenimax servers and get no latency and other times when I get nothing but timeouts.

Unfortunately I gained very little assistance from the Customer Support Reps that responded to me as they simply sent me canned e-mails which made it clear that they were not interested in trying to assist me but rather were just taking turns sending me the same scripted e-mails over and over. I asked for the case to be escalated but never heard back and discovered that the case was closed a few days later and was marked as Resolved. Very Sad.

I really enjoy the game but I can no longer handle playing for only 30 minutes at a time. I've spent way too much time troubleshooting/diagnosing this unique issue (that I only have with ESO) when I should be able to just enjoy the game.
  • narfesisb16_ESO
    narfesisb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ill add my name to the list of people this is happening to, if it matters. Was on early this morning no problem, but I get home and go on about 7pm est and havent been able to stay on all night for more than a few minutes at a time. Sometimes when the ping spikes Ill stay online, but most of the time its just back to the Login Screen.

And I subbed yesterday...not a good start.
  • drunkenspidey
    drunkenspidey
    ✭✭✭
    I am also getting constantly kicked. I am logging into my characters to do writs and I can only play for less than 10min before extreme lag or a disconnect.

I am on Xbox NA. Characters are in Craglorn.
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    I am also getting constantly kicked. I am logging into my characters to do writs and I can only play for less than 10min before extreme lag or a disconnect.

I am on Xbox NA. Characters are in Craglorn.

I do have a problem with this happening in Craglorn, but I could the say the same for every other zone also. I'm reconsidering even playing attempting to play Morrowind when it launches despite already preordering... I'm sure ZoS is well aware of the issue because it's affecting A LOT of people. I have friends on all platforms suffering from this. I just want it fixed, the game was never like this before.
    Edited by Seadle on January 17, 2020 11:11AM
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    Guys, if you play on PC, i found a solution that worked for me. Follow the instructions on the thread linked bellow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/142678/getting-logged-out-no-error

It works for me. Played on for hours without ever being booted to login. Usually i wouldn't last 15 minutes. However, i have no idea what to do for you console players. Gods help you.
  • Longhorn90
    Hi BCB. That is one of the things I already tried (listed above in my post) but unfortunately there was no change in behavior.
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, if you play on PC, i found a solution that worked for me. Follow the instructions on the thread linked bellow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/142678/getting-logged-out-no-error

It works for me. Played on for hours without ever being booted to login. Usually i wouldn't last 15 minutes. However, i have no idea what to do for you console players. Gods help you.

Repairing the launcher and host.dev files is one of the first things most people do. Unfortunately this did not work for me.
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    Seadle wrote: »

Repairing the launcher and host.dev files is one of the first things most people do. Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Well, good luck to ya then.

Do you have a static IP address? I dont think port forwarding will work if its dynamic.

And no, i dont believe most people try deleting the Host.devoper files. I spend days researching this problem i had; those were the only steps i found that were different.
    Edited by BACONCHEESEBURGER on March 10, 2017 5:43PM
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue since last week, tried everything. Disabling addons, repairing the game 500 times, deleting host files in conjunction with repairing. Checking my router ports four times over to make sure they are all properly forwarded - which they are, restarting the computer and even more ***. Basically the only thing I didn't do is reinstalling windows at this point. None of this has helped.

I've googled my eyes bloody and this issue exists since almost day one of ESO. We're in 2017 now. Why has this never been really adressed by ZOS?

-_-
  • xalepos
    xalepos
    ✭✭
    Same issue for me. So frustrating. It doe not matter what I am doing. It is random all over the place. I could be on for 15 mins or 50mins; crafting, selling, or dungeons. Last night I was in the middle of a dungeon pledge and got the kick to login half way through and the group kicked me by the time I got back in, and the group finder put me on a 60min penalty because of it.

I have reinstalled, repaired the launcher, deleted the host.dev files, got rid of plugins, updated drivers, etc etc. Nothing is working. Please help!!
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying to get online all day, but can't. Client can't receive announcements. I get kicked out and can't log back in. Can't even stay ingame long enough to send a ticket lol
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • supremeiceprincess
    I have been trying to get in all day myself. Kept getting kicked back into login screen. This is very frustrating.

The thing is, is that the game was working just fine for me yesterday. :/
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Since this morning I am having this problem.

I can not stay online longer than 15 minutes before I am kicked out, without a reason why, and can not log in again immediately because character is still online.

So far I have:
    • Flushed DNS
    • Deleted host.dev files
    • Repaired the game

I am just about to update my graphic's driver. To be continued..
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Updating my gfx driver seems to have worked so far. Been online over an hour now without disconnect :)
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    Here guys, try this. Found it by digging through old posts on external forums.

Are you are using Google Chrome? If so, then click on those little dots just below the close button, and then click on settings.
    Then click on Advanced sync settings. Unchecked every check-box in there, and click ok.

This somehow works for some people; dont know why Google Chrome would mess around with the ESO client, but it still works for them.

It didn't work for me; i fixed my problem by deleting host.dev files, But hope it works for you.

Make sure to log in to your Google account. Advanced sync settings wont appear if you are not.
    Edited by BACONCHEESEBURGER on March 14, 2017 12:28AM
  • Perjure
    Perjure
    Soul Shriven
    Adding my name to this list as well. Been playing since beta, two collectors accounts and sub to this game. Played for years without ever crashing and now since January been kicked constantly. I have done all of the suggestions that Support has given, however has not solved this problem. Really getting frustrated with this.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having the exact same issue since just after Homestead got launched - I can play for 30-65 minutes and then get kicked to the login screen. There is no indication I'm about to get kicked off, no latency/ping spikes... the game will be playing normally and then BOOM loading screen and back to login screen. Most times I'm getting booted somewhere around 30-35 minutes, but sometimes I make it to 55-65 mark before being kicked off.

Doesn't matter if I play one character and never do anything that requires a loading screen, or switch characters back and forth and get multiple loading screens. Sometime between 30-65 I get kicked off, with the majority of times being in the 30-40 zone.

- My IP is not a fixed IP, but it's not constantly changing. I know someone has mentioned that if your ISP isn't doing NAT for your connection it can be an issue, this is not the case for me.
    - My computer is not overheating, never go over 58^C on my CPU (I live in tropics, with no aircon) which is well under the ~80^C danger point.
    - I am from east coast of Australia, so normally have 260-320ms ping, but this shouldn't be an issue. And as I said, generally don't get lag spikes or noticeable lag changes when I'm getting kicked off.
    - I do not have this issue with any other online game I play. And I play quite a few: Diablo 3 (US & Europe servers), SW:TOR (US East & West Coast servers), Wildstar, Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, Warframe, Path of Exile & Eve Online

Specs:
    - I5 6600K @ 4.4
    - R9 270X 4GB
    - 16 GB ram @ 3000
    - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    - Internet plan: 50/20
    - Firewall/AV is default Windows Defender & Windows Firewall, along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

I've tried all the above steps mentioned (ie repairing, deleting certain files, uninstalling addons, etc) and nothing makes a difference. It still happens... and sadly it does mean I am considering stopping playing ESO, which is sad for me as I really do like the game. However being kicked off the server every ~30 minutes is frustrating... esp since I usually log on to find me dead as inevitably I get logged out when fighting and/or nearby mobs.
    o_O
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Playing ESO since release, still paying and never stopped paying subscription fee. On Monday I started to have these constant, no error message crashes every 5-15 minutes straight to login screen. I actually had new high end PC that was unpacked yet, so I though maybe it's my problem, I unpacked it , last night, installed ESO and it's same thing, lasted maybe 15 minutes and crashed. So no, its not hardware. Submitted ticket, though I dont expect too much from ZOS. Time to move on?
    Update, now I cannot even go past character selection screen. It starts loading and then it kicks to login screen. However, I just tried ESO on my work PC and it worked fine (though I could not be online more than 15-20 minutes), so I suspect it could be IP issue. I should've said that I just got Comcast service day or so before this is all started. Will call them later and update.
    Edited by diskiukas on March 16, 2017 2:49PM
  • Perjure
    Perjure
    Soul Shriven
    The only fix I have found so far was to uninstall the game and remove anything associated with it, then do a system restore on my PC all the way back to 2014 then reinstall the game. I have been logged in for over 6 hours and not one crash to log in. I am running the 64 bit client as well. This is a horrible way to have had to fix this issue but it is the only thing that has worked so for for me.
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    I know almost everyone has already tried port forwarding at this point, including me. And it worked for pretty much nobody.

But in my search, i found something. Guys, have you tired port forwarding your modem? Your MODEM.
    Now i dont know a lot about computers; no idea what a modem even does. But port forwarding it may be important. Im just stating what i found; port forward the modem.

My problem was already fixed. i just want to help you guys.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is your field, but could we get some info/feedback and/or get this passed through to the devs?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BrianWheeler

There are quite a lot of people throughout these forums, as well as Reddit, who have this issue and have tried everything suggested from customer support but still having this issue. Check post's in this thread to see what people have tried.

As for me, just tried more things again.

- Upgraded to 17.3.1 drivers, turned off grass (due to flickering bug with these drivers)
    - FlushDNS done via command prompt run as admin.
    - Added all ESO .exe files & launchers .exe files to exception list's in Malwarebytes, Windows Firewall & Windows defender (previously just had eso64.exe)
    - deleted all host.developer files
    - did repair client via launcher x2.

Tried to play game today but problem persists

- 1st disconnect @ 34 minutes
    - 2nd disconnect @ 51 minutes
    - 3rd disconnect @ 31 minutes
    - 4th disconnect @ 58 minutes

No internet outages, no connection issue's on my end. Had a background download going throughout (limited to 50 KB/sec so shouldn't have effected the game).
    Edited by Kamatsu on March 17, 2017 11:21AM
    o_O
  • Eonlegion
    Eonlegion
    Soul Shriven
    Gonna add my name to the list of people this is happening to as well. Started last night, 3/16/17. I thought maybe the storm was just screwing with my internet. Come back the night morning, same problems. Doesn't matter what i'm doing or how long i'm logged in. I've been booted anywhere from 20 minutes to not even getting to the character load screen, from being in combat to load screens to standing around doing nothing in a city. Doesn't seem to matter what i'm doing i just get booted to login screen with no error messages at all.

My internet isn't showing any lag spikes or latency or anything, just boom to log in. And none of my other games are having this, or any other, issue.

I don't have a brand spanking new uber computer but it's sure not old or cheap. And it runs all my other games just fine, most of which are also online games. I just started playing like 2.5 months ago and LOVE this game so to have this start happening is quite sad.

Currently running through the "hot fixes" i know of and hoping those work but... IF it's like so many other they wont.
  • Dracosin369
    Dracosin369
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem as well for a month, before I figured out what was causing it for me. It turns out the Ethernet port on my 6 month old $180 Linksys Router was bad/loose. There are 4 lights on my modem, power, lan, ADSL, internet. The first 3 are supposed to be solid green with a good connection, and the internet is supposed to blink with data. It took me a month to notice that the lan light was blinking and wouldn't stay solid. Changed cables to it and the lan light would almost stay solid but couldn't. So I changed out the Linksys and modem for a Verizon all in one modem. I stopped getting dropped to login screen repeatedly. I messed with everything before figuring out my "new" router was defective.

Now I'm not dropped to the login screen just running around the world. This didn't fix everything like getting dropped when using wayshrines, or zoning into a delve or dungeon (100 ping shooting up to 1k and staying), which is caused by the servers not passing me over to the new server node properly. I run wireshark when I play so I can visually see a bad handoff between the server nodes.

Don't rule out new equipment, it could be faulty. BTW I am on a 3mb dsl connection and get a ping of 100-150 when its good.