Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eastmarch map - missing bottom right corner?

Knaxia
Knaxia
✭✭✭
I was nearly done with eastmarsh on an alt when I noticed that the bottom right corner of the map is totally blank while there are things in that area such as Direfrost Keep, a world boss and set crafting station. I remember that this part of the map was well visible when I first ran that place on my main a while back but now it's just missing on all characters. I've looked a bit around the internet and I've seen both versions of the map, one with the full version and one with the missing corner.

Here's what it should be looking like:

38771632_613.jpg

And here's what it looks like now ingame (attached screenshot).
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I noticed the same thing last night, I remember that part of the map was there last time I levelled through Eastmarch so it must have changed some time after update 6.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it seems 1.6 broke it.
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we'll look into this. As always, also make sure to report this in-game with /bug since this gives us important information for our internal investigations. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this bug right after 1.6 launched. Months later it's still not fixed and treated as news by a ZOS spokesperson. Sigh.
  • Knaxia
    Knaxia
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we'll look into this. As always, also make sure to report this in-game with /bug since this gives us important information for our internal investigations. Thanks!

That's what I wanted to do at first, but you can't use the "send screenshot" because you can't make the map visible if the support interface is open, therefor making it hard to actually view the issue.
  • GrandTemplar
    GrandTemplar
    Soul Shriven
    i hate to necro threads, but since i arrived at Eastmarch, i saw that the right bottom of the map is missing. The icons appear there but the map is incomplete.
  • Kaizokugari
    Kaizokugari
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    1 year pending issue
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »

The missing part of the map is not interactive to the player. It is just a background and must exist.

So please ZOS, can we have it back?

ps. This post would be better positioned in category: Bug Reports
    Edited by Onigar on January 3, 2017 1:38PM
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Bug Reports
    Staff Post
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The map has been this way for a while, it's very annoying.
  • sweeper_501b14_ESO
    sweeper_501b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As I'm sure everyone knows, this bug has yet to be fixed and as it doesn't prevent gameplay in any way and is nothing more than a visual "hiccup" I'm sure it's low on ZOS's priority list but none the less it's still a bit of an eye sore.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Sure... but a dog barking or broom holding is a top priority, fixed immediately.

The truth is, I don't mind them fixing trivial bugs and acting like perfectionists... that's called attention to detail. BUT they leave so much crap and never have the time to fix them.

This map issue should have been fixed long ago. It's far worse glitch than "NPC held broom wrongly"!