The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has removal of CP increased server performance?

• krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    For everyone talking about their FPS that's not the "lag" that this references. This is talking about latency, your ping, how quickly the server responds to your requests. Your fps lag is a whole different issue.

On PC/NA all campaigns were pop locked with massive queues last night. I was on Haderus when it had a ~40 person queue to get in (unheard of for that campaign and more like what TF has during prime time). There were massive fights all over the map and there were only a couple of instances where my ping spiked and it was not nearly as high as it does on TF. Things were much, much better.
    Edited by krathos on February 28, 2017 7:02PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lag was way better. The Aleswell fight at the end sucked but let's be honest, it would have been freeze framing any other night.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    frozywozy wrote: »
    You need an option "Yes, barely". Because lets be honest, even if we don't notice a big difference it still did, logically talking.

'Yes barely' should be a NO. A change this drastic should get a dramatic improvement to deserve a YES. I wish I would've worded it differently but too late now. Its obviously something that will not solve the issues. However I think they need to add the CP buffs to base metrics so they aren't calculating during combat.
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    XBox NA Haderus: I got booted twice and was unable to play from 7:15 to 8:30. It just gave me "Loading ..." every time I tried.

That said both of my disconnects where while I was trying to play William Wallace on top of Chalman Keep. Basically if you're the last person alive in a keep defense and you're surrounded by 15 Daggerfall on each side the 20+ blue beams, destro ults and radiants, you're guaranteed disconnect.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBox NA Haderus: I got booted twice and was unable to play from 7:15 to 8:30. It just gave me "Loading ..." every time I tried.

That said both of my disconnects where while I was trying to play William Wallace on top of Chalman Keep. Basically if you're the last person alive in a keep defense and you're surrounded by 15 Daggerfall on each side the 20+ blue beams, destro ults and radiants, you're guaranteed disconnect.

It's almost like everyone shouldn't pile onto Haderus.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I couldn't see a difference maybe if u play a bit longer
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    PC EU Trueflame

What a joke.

Before I had a semi-realistic chance of the lag not being so bad that I could weapon swap.

Now?

I can barely weapon swap and on top of that I can NEVER see a ice comet or shooting star land on me thus I cant block or shield myself or anything I just die oh and then there are the crystal frags by *sigh* "balanced" sorcerers which chase me through walls 24/7. I could go on.

Its must worse and its definitely not my hardware limitations because I didnt have these kind of difficulties till now.

Large scale battles? 400 ping.... rediculous zergs 600-999.

No its not my internet either, my internet connection is fine in other MMO's and other games generally why its so bad here is down to either A) a magical pixey playing tricksies or B) The servers, im pretty sure its the latter.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 28, 2017 10:50PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Ya...a bit, seems to be a slight improvement which you would expect.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    been in trueflame for about a week now, only 1 short laggy battle yesterday, no prior to that, today was unplayable, loadscreens and lag/crashes
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    PC/NA/TF

Had to wait in a 160+ queue to get in but I can say my experience was much better overall. No red ping spikes at all. Curious to see how it goes to night.

However, I must note that this poll is mostly irrelevant as our experiences are anecdotal.

What matters it what metrics ZoS sees on their side. What we see on our side is often impacted by variables ZoS has no control over like your home network being busy or your ISP being busy.

Or the Internet itself being busy.
    http://internetpulse.keynote.com/Main.aspx?xAxis=Destination&yAxis=Origin&zAxis=Metric&nAxis=Period

Edited by Sureshawt on February 28, 2017 11:27PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll does not have enough options. Performance was not nearly improved enough such that I even want to give ZoS the impression this represents a landmark.

So "a little, but nothing to celebrate."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Poll does not have enough options. Performance was not nearly improved enough such that I even want to give ZoS the impression this represents a landmark.

So "a little, but nothing to celebrate."

Which can now most likely be attributed to the change in player behaviour and the shift to siege rather than using actual character abilities.
    I mean - as a rough estimate and entirely subjective: 50% of the pvp regulars on trueflame EU even switched their character for this week (nightblades everywhere - literally groups of 10+ nb gankers).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kavatchian
    Kavatchian
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    I seem to be experiencing even MORE issues than normal. Maybe its just a fluke? I play on Xbox One NA Server. While playing my Healer in Haderus yesterday I had several issues with my game simply locking up, and freezing. Mostly all of these freeze ups happen after capturing a keep when players are repairing damaged walls etc.

I also experienced the keeps not loading all their textures or not loading pieces at all... had a issue where the keep door wasn't loaded on my screen, and I could see through it, attack through it, but could not walk through.

I enjoy the double AP, but if I can't play... it kinda ruins the purpose.
    North America | Xbox One | Prince of Evil
    -Necromancer | High Elf MagSorc
    Kavatchian | High Elf MagDK
    Xavier Vivicus | Breton Magblade
    J'zah the Khajiit | Stamblade
    -Blu | Argonian Healer
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    rivenjr wrote: »
    Please describe your experience and list the campaign you tested.

Is this even a fair test just from a poll? PvP populations are much higher than ususal because of the double AP.
    The only people who can really tell if it's any better are ZOS, they have access to the data.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    rivenjr wrote: »
    Please describe your experience and list the campaign you tested.

Is this even a fair test just from a poll? PvP populations are much higher than ususal because of the double AP.
    The only people who can really tell if it's any better are ZOS, they have access to the data.

End user experience is what matters!
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    well now that I have played pvp for most of the week, every day I come to this conslusion

For lag I probably experienced that for like 5% of like 30 hours of pvping, give or take some hours.

Loading screens, were the biggest obstacle and annoyance, think I had around 20 loading screen of deaths, taking from 5m - 10m, or infinity where I had to alt f4
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Kavatchian wrote: »
    I seem to be experiencing even MORE issues than normal. Maybe its just a fluke? I play on Xbox One NA Server. While playing my Healer in Haderus yesterday I had several issues with my game simply locking up, and freezing. Mostly all of these freeze ups happen after capturing a keep when players are repairing damaged walls etc.

I also experienced the keeps not loading all their textures or not loading pieces at all... had a issue where the keep door wasn't loaded on my screen, and I could see through it, attack through it, but could not walk through.

I enjoy the double AP, but if I can't play... it kinda ruins the purpose.

This was my experience and that of my guild and others on Xbox NA.
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    As other people have states, a "Yes, Slightly" should count as a "No".
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has it?

From a technical POV, yes, yes it has, simply because less calculations are involved.

Is there a way to know by how much it helped?

Nope. Which is why I'm not going to vote, simply because I don't have the tools available to say so. I don't have population heat trackers nor detailed statistics, all I have is a map with crossed swords showing where big fights are happening. Did players change their behavior? In some places (*cough* haderus EU *cough*) yes, in others? Can't say. There are many more players than usual as well. The main issue comes from the fact that more things than CPs being removed have changed, so there is no way to say if it helped or not from a player's POV. Does Zos have the tools to get an idea of how much it matters? No idea either.

Was it a good experiment?

Not quite. If it helps, all the best, if not, well, just don't change AP values at the same time.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    The no CP in Cyrodiil thing might have been a different story if double AP wasn't part of it.

Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but it increased my enjoyment of the game

Grand Overlord 25/8/17