The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has removal of CP increased server performance?

rivenjr
rivenjr
✭✭✭
Please describe your experience and list the campaign you tested.
Edited by rivenjr on February 28, 2017 5:53AM
Xbox ONE Day One
Server - Xbox NA
Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT

Has removal of CP increased server performance? 183 votes

YES
33%
TalcyndlAlomarkevlarto_ESOEtharianDeadlyRecluseVurian97SigtricOsteosMadydanno8ChililianDan_Fazzyub17_ESOmertustaRinaldoGandolphiSureshawtGhost-ShotMarkusP72RickterRohausTheMachineKiller 62 votes
NO
66%
kewlItsMeTooXeniphcameron90_ESOXexpoishilb14_ESORudyardpjwb16_ESOKayshaTaonnorElsterchenEtanielIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOkwisatzJitterbugAra_Valleriabiminirwb17_ESOTHEDKEXPERIENCEFMonkforzajuve212 121 votes
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Skull, Xbox na constant lag and performance issues.
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Trueflame; PC; EU

FPS drops to 5; ping going throu the roof, since a long time I had disconnects (again) and real trouble login in again. Rubberbanding is eminent in PVP as well as PVE.

During big sieges I do notice alot of ppl getting freezes. (Not nice when half of the crew you rush into a keep with is suddenly just standing there).

On a sidenote: it is not possible to add CP while in cyrro. Seems they are not only disabled but dissappeared completely.

edit: Besides all this, its fun to play on a bursting full campain. Thanks to everyone for testing!
    Edited by Elsterchen on February 28, 2017 6:08AM
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    For me, tonight was way better than last night or the last 365 nights. I could get attacks to fire and buffs to buff even in the middle of a breach with over 40 payers running around. I hope this test helps ZOS make pvp better to play.
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Definately. Feels good to be able to bar swap in a crowded fight again.

XBOX EU
    Edited by Cimadon on February 28, 2017 7:58AM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    TF EU total lagfest
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    It's better Xbox eu. Had very very long loading screens however, and there was still some lag in big fights. Better but not gone.
    Edited by Beardimus on February 28, 2017 8:08AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sashke
    Sashke
    ✭✭
    NO
    no, the same lags - PC, EU, TF
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
    Haderus EU PC.
    Borderline unplayable ca. 10pm EU time.
    Close to 1 second delay on skills.
    Edited by Jitterbug on February 28, 2017 8:14AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Trueflame; PC; EU

I did apox 4 hours of pvp last night 310k ap gain

First after 2-3 hours with awesome gameplay, no lag and nothing to complain about.

I experienced 2 crashes, 4-5 of these 5 min loading screens, and a couple of lagspikes

would say thats an improvement, but still needs abit more to be sweet :D
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    rivenjr wrote: »
    Please describe your experience and list the campaign you tested.

I'm not sure why anyone expected this to be the issue! We had lag before we had CP!
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I would have said yes if it wasnt for the looooooooooooong loading screens and disconnects.
  • AddiZ
    AddiZ
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Was in TF for about 2 hours yesterday.

Long loading screens check
    Rubberbanding check
    Invisible game mechanics (oil) check
    Massive lag check
    Unplayable at times check

Guess the CP is not the problem its the hamster running the server
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I didnt have any lag outside of my own hardware limitations.

I run a 3rd gen intel 4 core proc and a gtx760 and a hard disk drive. so my pc is pretty slow and i maintained 20fps at BLEAKERS.

Id say there was a huge improvement.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Depends wich group is around if i can use skills or not, nuff said :)
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    PC NA, Trueflame.
    Hasn't made it worse, but certainly didn't make it better. Or if it did it was such a slight increase that I didn't notice.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:

Was playing in Black Water Blade. PS4 EU. Yesterday. It is a no CP campaign.

Keep freezing and lagging.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Trueflame PCNA. Feels improved, though not perfect. Noticed one red ping. Normally would get more of those though.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorneblade, XBox NA: Pretty busy last night, by Thorneblade standards. Felt like there were a lot of new-to-PvP folks running around, which is good. A little lag here and there for me, and a couple of guildmates still lagged out at odd times. Got in some huge fights though, and overall I'd say it felt smoother even with all the destro trains.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My fps was fairly consistently around 60 and I think the latency seems to be lower, but can't quite tell yet. Accidentally played on Haderus for a few hours and thought I was in Trueflame the whole time!

I wanted to try no-CP first a bit without making any changes at all to my builds. I noticed my Stam NB felt more powerful in terms of damage (although health dropped to 16k) and my mag DK felt weaker.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 28, 2017 3:44PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fps was fairly consistently around 60 and I think the latency seems to be lower, but can't quite tell yet. Accidentally played on Haderus for a few hours and thought I was in Trueflame the whole time!

I wanted to try no-CP first a bit without making any changes at all to my builds. I noticed my Stam NB felt more powerful in terms of damage (although health dropped to 16k) and my mag DK felt weaker.

For me it's 60 fps avg, and consistent 120 latency on the big fights. In AZ last week my latency was around 80.

But if this was TF CP, I'd be at 30 fps, and 200+ latency.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    when you guys say that "your fps was around X number" can you also post some basic hardware specs like:

"my fps was around 45-60fps during peak hours. gtx980 intel 5th gen quad core"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    when you guys say that "your fps was around X number" can you also post some basic hardware specs like:

mostly stable 59-60 fps, i7-6700K at stock clock and GTX 1060 6GB @ 1797MHz.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 28, 2017 4:33PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES

ah-ha! yeah anything gtx970 and up seems to run ESO very well. thats the sweet spot video card. a 1060 is slightly a step up from a 970 so that makes sense that you are having little to know framerate drops
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    I play in most campaigns ( BwB, AS, TF ). The last few weeks in TF I haven't experienced any lag that I recall. Last night was different, very laggy at times.

[ I don't feel like posting my specs, but yes I have a nice gaming computer ]

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I noticed no difference in lag on PC NA.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Does it lag less - yeah a little - but that´s because there are less actual fights and more siege and nobody uses skills situations.

In situations where people spam skills and actually fight - lag is the same for me.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ah-ha! yeah anything gtx970 and up seems to run ESO very well. thats the sweet spot video card. a 1060 is slightly a step up from a 970 so that makes sense that you are having little to know framerate drops

I have settings reduced though. 1080p resolution, medium textures, high subsampling and I think grass, shadows and reflections off. Also, half the time I was accidentally playing in Haderus instead of TF, so haven't yet had a chance to fully test it against the TF zergs.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 28, 2017 7:09PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I'll get you the exact specs tonight when I get home.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    port into trueflame PC EU 19:47 german time. 541 ping display in spawn.

that cp myth is busted.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    You need an option "Yes, barely". Because lets be honest, even if we don't notice a big difference it still did, logically talking.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug