Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Inventory management is ruining the game.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inventory management is a hard thing for a newer player to come to terms with. ESO give you some solutions, like purchasing extra bank slots and personal inventory slots. You can also get mount capacity slots and then there is the dreaded craft bag.

Provisioning was the first thing I stopped doing when I realized the inventory implications. I even narrowed which alchemy ingredients I collected to the 3 or 4 items needed for the most beneficial potions for my characters.

After 2 or 3 characters, I then rolled 3 mules to help with inventory management before the craft bag came into being. Now I just pay my sub and pick up everything - and I mean everything. Anyone wanna buy 8000 alkahest?

The bottom line is that you need to prioritize what you want to focus on and not expect to be able to do everything at once. Even now, 18 months later I still have to manage inventory EVERY day - because I pick up everything, either for deconstruction, to sell or to use.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Inventory management is a hard thing for a newer player to come to terms with. ESO give you some solutions, like purchasing extra bank slots and personal inventory slots. You can also get mount capacity slots and then there is the dreaded craft bag.

Provisioning was the first thing I stopped doing when I realized the inventory implications. I even narrowed which alchemy ingredients I collected to the 3 or 4 items needed for the most beneficial potions for my characters.

After 2 or 3 characters, I then rolled 3 mules to help with inventory management before the craft bag came into being. Now I just pay my sub and pick up everything - and I mean everything. Anyone wanna buy 8000 alkahest?

The bottom line is that you need to prioritize what you want to focus on and not expect to be able to do everything at once. Even now, 18 months later I still have to manage inventory EVERY day - because I pick up everything, either for deconstruction, to sell or to use.

I'm new to ESO and planned from day one to max all crafting skill lines with two toons. I started paying for ESO+ after that, and I am not rolling in money. For some, the crafting bag is so worth it, and for others, not so much. It sounds like the OP doesn't intend to do the Master Crafter bit with all crafting lines, so a couple inventory mules and some weekly inventory management should do the trick.

On the other hand, having the Craft bag is awesome. Being able to pick up ANYTHING, knowing it will be used or sold later, is the bees knees for horder types. It's great knowing my other play toons will have mats to make food and pots right out of the gate. And my crafting toon can craft gear sets, which is way less annoying then hanging onto every set piece hoping you will get at least 5 itams to get the bonus.

Doing the mule thing is not a unique thing with big MMO's. Most of the ones I've played WANTED you to spend real money eventually for inventory storage, but most let you create 6-10 characters. Sure, it can be tough keep track of which toon has what inventory, but a simple text file can solve that.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    For $15 a month, ESO Plus is the cheapest entertainment I've ever bought. It solved my crafting inventory problem. I suggest if you don't have a lot of time to play the game, and can swing $15.00 a month - get the Plus membership.

For me, I'm glad I did.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenity wrote: »
    I love this game, and I want to be immersed in the world, but the terrible inventory management is sucking me out of it constantly.

This has been one of the major criticisms of the game right from the start.

The bank manager revived addon is a huge help. Have one dedicated crafter for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking (to save yourself some money buying motifs). Have one for provisioning, one or two for enchanting and alchemy.

You can set up the addon to automatically dump materials with the characters you actually play. It will suck them out for your dedicated crafters.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    The original post of this thread was from several years ago and many things have changed in this time. In order to avoid misinformation we have closed this thread. If you would like to discuss inventory management and how it affects you today feel free to create a new thread on the topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.