The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

is the lag supposed to be better w/ no cp?

Lagz
Lagz
✭✭✭
i'm not seeing it i'm running a pro on 110 down 10 up hard wired ... big issues w/ forward camps if try to res and it gets attacked before you load in you just keep loading and loading.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lagz wrote: »
    i'm not seeing it i'm running a pro on 110 down 10 up hard wired ... big issues w/ forward camps if try to res and it gets attacked before you load in you just keep loading and loading.

Yep. I noticed absolutely no difference in performance today. Same lag as always.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP is not the problem. It's player mentality. We need the mechanics back from 1.5 which allowed small groups to wipe zergs when they condensed. The zerg-empowerment is what is killing this game.

"Larger numbers should basically always win" - Eric Wrobel 2017.

There's the problem with the lag ^
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not expect removing cp to eliminate lag . I'm just hoping it gives them some information to fix the servers after the test .
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    CP is not the problem. It's player mentality. We need the mechanics back from 1.5 which allowed small groups to wipe zergs when they condensed. The zerg-empowerment is what is killing this game.

Did Wrobel actually say that?
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's way better for me and was for every person in my tramspeak. I have yet to see a ping above 140 despite the huge zergs on Azura and TF.

Those still having high ping have other issues. I have yet to even see a red ping.

The game right now is working very well with huge armies the size of angry Joe back at launch

The only buggy thing really is the npc guards at resources can CC you multiples times and players can sometimes too but its infrequent enough to just look a bug

Overall I see a significant improvement that zergs don't bother me now because I can actually use my skills despite huge zergs using eye of flame

Just my experience so far
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extreme lag, can't switch bars and can't get through doors on time. Still crashing often. No difference.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Lagz
    Lagz
    ✭✭✭
    It's way better for me and was for every person in my tramspeak. I have yet to see a ping above 140 despite the huge zergs on Azura and TF.

Those still having high ping have other issues. I have yet to even see a red ping.

The game right now is working very well with huge armies the size of angry Joe back at launch

The only buggy thing really is the npc guards at resources can CC you multiples times and players can sometimes too but its infrequent enough to just look a bug

Overall I see a significant improvement that zergs don't bother me now because I can actually use my skills despite huge zergs using eye of flame

And i'm guessing your using decent setup as far as a pc goes and that may very well be the root of the problem. I play on ps4 my reg ps4 30day campaign 3 bars is horrible, people skip around one min i'm alive nxt i'm dead and didn't see the train that hit me. now I play on a pro it has better hardware much less lag most of the time except when encountering zergs so i'm wondering if the weaker machines can't handle the battle. I have no expertise in computers or grammar.. Lagz
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lagz wrote: »

And i'm guessing your using decent setup as far as a pc goes and that may very well be the root of the problem. I play on ps4 my reg ps4 30day campaign 3 bars is horrible, people skip around one min i'm alive nxt i'm dead and didn't see the train that hit me. now I play on a pro it has better hardware much less lag most of the time except when encountering zergs so i'm wondering if the weaker machines can't handle the battle. I have no expertise in computers or grammar.. Lagz

I just recently got a i5-7600k, gtx 1070, and MSI z270 motherboard about 2 weeks ago it also has an Intel network card. I'm sure that helped a bit too

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing no difference in Haderus. The only lag that happens in Had is generally when large zergs show up... which unfortunately have infested Haderus tonight. So there's more instances of lag, but the situations when it occurs are the same.

It's clearly not CP contributing to most of the lag. It's the ball groups and trains. With the destro/negate meta, there's no counterplay other than try to run away or stack more negates, heals and destro ults. Bombblades that made stacking risky are usually not effective anymore with so many HOTs and heavy armor users.

• Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes. The sad part is, im not completely paraphrasing. He straight up said that on ESO live.
    PC NA
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is normal for me in cyro but getting disconnected more times then usual.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it seemed to me like that lag is even worse than before. I'm saying this after experiencing two emp dethrones, one with, and one without CP, both with similar numbers of enemies at the keep (if anything there were actually less people at the keep during the no CP dethrone). The one thing I noticed throughout the day was that although people who ran turtle builds died faster, everyone in general was doing less damage, meaning we were back to a game where once a certain number of people are in and on the flags, its essentially game over, because the latency is at a constant high until the keep pretty much flips with most of the defenders alive.

I'm not saying this can't work, I still had lots of fun, and when I was solo in the morning I noticed little to no difference. But I think if you ever do another test @ZOS_BrianWheeler, you've gotta adjust BattleSpirit along with it. Or better yet... make adjustments throughout this week.
    Edited by vortexman11 on February 28, 2017 9:38AM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do remember that he said on stream when talking about poisons mechanics - something along the lines of: When you´re outnumbered you´ll die anyway.

So yeah. It´s definetly the mindset for pvp balancing.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I do remember that he said on stream when talking about poisons mechanics - something along the lines of: When you´re outnumbered you´ll die anyway.

So yeah. It´s definetly the mindset for pvp balancing.

I vomited in my mouth when he said that
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Extreme lag, can't switch bars and can't get through doors on time. Still crashing often. No difference.

Add loading screens to that list.
    Ps4 eu
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. The sad part is, im not completely paraphrasing. He straight up said that on ESO live.

As well he should have. The idea that 4 guys should wreck 24 is ludicrous, and people with that expectation could do to re-baseline those expectations.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

As well he should have. The idea that 4 guys should wreck 24 is ludicrous, and people with that expectation could do to re-baseline those expectations.

Wrobel made that comment when player feedback said 30% cost increase resource poisons were OP -- and ZOS responded by doubling it to 60%. No one 1xX's or wins greatly outnumbered against competent players -- but that not the same as dying simply because you have more poisons on you.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a strong suspicion that CP was causing a lot of extra latency. So they disabled CP to test their theory, and gather information on it. This was the testing of a theory to reduce lag -- it didn't reduce lag. Anyone who's whiteknighting ZoS by saying otherwise, simply cannot read.
    Simply put, Azura’s Star (the non-Champion Point campaign) runs much better, more efficiently, and is overall a much better PvP experience than the standard campaigns such as Trueflame or Haderus. Now that we’ve had a significant population density in Azura’s Star, we strongly suspect what has been theorized for a long time: Champion Rank passives and abilities are causing too much server load, especially in situations like Keep battles where there are tons of players in one place.

They strongly believed this could create a much better PvP experience.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Strawman argument.

10 people should be able to wipe 24 with the right tactics. But all this zerg empowerment mechanics artificially prevent such a thing to occur while at the same time encouraging people to not only zerg.... but to stack up and condense in unison to all the objectives in a colossal blob. What's ludicrous is to hold onto the belief that numbers should mindlessly win fights.

Fights should be won on the premise of making the right call, not mindlessly overwhelming your targets like a zombie horde.
    PC NA
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny, I'm on (original) PS4 NA and have never had better performance than I have this week.

Haderus has been pop locked all week and it's been fantastic.

If you're dropping out constantly, it may be on your end. I was running 100 down/60 up but was really struggling for a while with spikes and drop outs. Contacted my ISP and they changed some hardware and it's completely stable now. I'm playing from Asia to the NA server and it's fine.

Back to the subject of no cp; Play style and builds have also changed . So only the data can provide a definitive answer I guess.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    They had a strong suspicion that CP was causing a lot of extra latency. So they disabled CP to test their theory, and gather information on it. This was the testing of a theory to reduce lag -- it didn't reduce lag. Anyone who's whiteknighting ZoS by saying otherwise, simply cannot read.
    Simply put, Azura’s Star (the non-Champion Point campaign) runs much better, more efficiently, and is overall a much better PvP experience than the standard campaigns such as Trueflame or Haderus. Now that we’ve had a significant population density in Azura’s Star, we strongly suspect what has been theorized for a long time: Champion Rank passives and abilities are causing too much server load, especially in situations like Keep battles where there are tons of players in one place.

I'm
    Not white knighting anything. There was 80 AD 80 D.C. And 60+ EP at Ales on Azura and I never saw a red ping and all my controls were responsive and so was everyone else's with both sides chugging alone like nothing.

The game has not ran this well for me since the early 1.x days. i can tell a significant difference on Azura I haven't stepped foot in TF this cycle.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »

I'm
    Not white knighting anything. There was 80 AD 80 D.C. And 60+ EP at Ales on Azura and I never saw a red ping and all my controls were responsive and so was everyone else's with both sides chugging alone like nothing.

The game has not ran this well for me since the early 1.x days. i can tell a significant difference on Azura I haven't stepped foot in TF this cycle.

You're a pc player, and from what I've read -- some pc players actually are reporting that the game runs better. It's a consensus amongst essentially every console player that I've talked to and/or read comments from that no cp has done nothing to improve lag.

Simply stating that the game is running better for you isn't whiteknighting ZoS though.
    GB
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the game is lagging for you, then the issue clearly lies with your pc, router, or ISP. ZOS has done much to improve the latency of the game and removing CP for a week has definitely removed the traces of lag originating on their end. Any issues you have are between you and your setup.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game is lagging for you, then the issue clearly lies with your pc, router, or ISP. ZOS has done much to improve the latency of the game and removing CP for a week has definitely removed the traces of lag originating on their end. Any issues you have are between you and your setup.

Ehm no
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes you think that?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's what it is -- 95% of Xbox NA users just have awful connections.
    GB
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited because of too many quotes and to clarify:
    Azura is a no CP campaign isn't it? That means it always has CP turned off. So how is great experience on Azura or equivalent non CP campaigns even relevant to this dicussion

The test was the effect of no CP in True Flame and the other CP camapigns? The benchmark that zos is comparing TF against...with and now, without CP, is TF (or equivalents) when pop locked. Or did i completely misunderstand the point of Wrobels test?

TF pop locked even with no CP is laggy, has constant disconnects especially at keeps, endless load screens even on empty landsape and huge spikes in ping from ultimate lag, according to most people I've spoken to this week. Just as it does with CP enabled.

The main difference I've noticed is that poisons are even more OP, seige really hurts, there is more zerging because of the AP from keep/resource flipping and my old seducers set has come in handy again because they didn't compensate for less regen when they 'adjusted' battle spirit. *shrug*
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on March 5, 2017 11:05AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos