Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Repeatedly getting kicked back to the log-in screen from game.

goatlyonesub17_ESO
goatlyonesub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
It'll happen five or six times in a row. I'll be playing the game, running around in a city or through the wilderness, then suddenly my screen goes black and that's followed by the appearance of the Log-In screen. When I type my password and click the log-in button, I'll get an error message the first couple of times that says "Log in failed. Please try again. Should the problem persist..." Then about the third try I get let back into the game again, but only for about a minute. Then the screen goes dark once more, and then I get the log-in page, and the whole thing repeats.

It's very annoying, especially now that I've gone plus and am paying to play. Twice over, in the case of ESO Morrowind.
"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says "Error 108 (7.5:315.0)" whatever that means.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to know I'm not the only one. I find this incredibly frustrating. Going about my in game business then suddenly the screen freezes for about 3 seconds and I'm back on the log in screen. I'd love to know what's causing this so I can try and fix it. My internet connection is fine the whole time, just the game decides I need to log in again for some reason. If I try to log back in too fast it may even tell me I'm already logged in which is even more frustrating because I really do wish it were true, but it simply isn't because I'm looking at the log in screen.
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 26, 2017 11:25PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been experiencing this since last Monday's maintenance, still continues till this day.

Not zone, time or group specific.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here errors 180 200 and 201. usually happens at the same time of day 4:30 am US time.
  • elek2008
    elek2008
    Soul Shriven
    For some people forwarding the ports for this game helps. For a lot of us we haven't figured out the issue. Im looking at every post regarding this issue since my friend is a network engineer we are trying to see if there is common links and what could be causing it. So far the only link is that it only happens to ESO and other games work fine for the people this is happening to.
    Edit: What OS are you using? Im wondering if its a specific OS related problem.
    Edited by elek2008 on March 3, 2017 9:16PM
    All Hail the Holy Pocketed Workpants of Lok.
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    Tried forwarding the ports. Didn't work, but no harm done to try again and see if i missed something.

This problem did not exist for me before February. But now its so common the game is almost unplayable.

Im using Windows ten.
  • ilmeya
    ilmeya
    Soul Shriven
    Same for me. I have this problem for 2-3 weeks now. Before, everything was fine.
    Its especially annoying since I am only doing trials atm in this game. When doing vMOL I am getting logged off always once per run, so it seems to happen to me every 30-45 mins. And it happens without any warning like lagging, weird sounds, bad fps, freezing screen or whatever - so my internet connection should be fine - I just get logged off in 1 second all of the sudden and usually cannot log in back cause I am getting error message like described above.

I really hope this will be fixed soon or at least someone can find out what is the source of error.
    An add-on? (I am using srendarr, combat metrics, raid notifier during the vMOL runs)
    A setting in the PC/gamefiles?
    Steam version?
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got kicked again. And this time I was in combat in Malabal Tor, so when I got kicked I didn't also get logged out. Now I can't log back in again until ESO times me out for inactivity, which will take a while.

When I logged on, I was happy that it was one of the few times when I didn't seem to have any lag at all. Then after finishing the Silvenar-Green Lady marriage questline and I was making my way toward Reaper's March, I started having lots of lag. It came out of nowhere, and I've no explanation for it. I killed an ox near Silvenar to begin the livestock murdering achievement, and I noticed that my swings didn't seem to be having any immediate effect on the ox that I was trying to butcher. Then not long after I'd given up and was moving away, I heard the contact-swishing noise that my weapon usually makes when it hits something, and I got the message that I'd done the Ground Beef award. Not getting the clue that I had better stop right where I was and log off for a while, I tried to pass through that place in the valley behind Silvenar that has all the houndsmen and were wolves in it, and I started getting pummelled by a gang of them, when I noticed that none of my commands were responding. Then, as I was fuming at my character's helplessness, I got kicked out of the game back to the log-in screen.

Nasty, that is. Right nasty.
  • ilmeya
    ilmeya
    Soul Shriven
    Btw, I found this old article:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/142678/getting-logged-out-no-error

I still had the same issue even there was a maintenance on Monday in vHRC. I got logged off during the trial run. :/
    For the next I looked the forums again because that really has to stop.
    Then I did what they ask you to do in that link above. Next vHRC run was without a disconnect :)
    Since vHRC only takes about 30mins I can't be 100% sure it worked but maybe it does for someone else :)
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    ilmeya wrote: »
    Btw, I found this old article:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/142678/getting-logged-out-no-error

I still had the same issue even there was a maintenance on Monday in vHRC. I got logged off during the trial run. :/
    For the next I looked the forums again because that really has to stop.
    Then I did what they ask you to do in that link above. Next vHRC run was without a disconnect :)
    Since vHRC only takes about 30mins I can't be 100% sure it worked but maybe it does for someone else :)

I'll try this. But i also noticed my IP address is not static, which can be a source cause of the problem. I will try and make it static "if" after this method does not work.
  • BACONCHEESEBURGER
    It worked! Praise Y'ffre, it works!

I continued to play for hours without interruptions, when i used to be booted every ten or twenty minutes. I would never be able to play this long!

And there I was screwing around with the router when all i had to do was delete a handful of Text Documents. But i noticed after returning to the launcher file that it created a few host.developer Text after quiting. I might have to delete them everytime before launching the game. Or maybe it's already fixed and i dont need to touch those anymore. I don't know.

Hope this works as well for everyone else! <3
    Edited by BACONCHEESEBURGER on March 9, 2017 12:31AM