The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DK Molten Armaments + Elegant set

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Dragonknight skill Molten Armaments #Your own damage with fully-charge Heavy Attacks is increased by 40% while active.
Elegant/Elegance set #(5 items) Increases your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 20%

Anyone can confirm is it +60% on heavy attacks using lightning Staff? Is it that powerful as it seems?
On magicka DK DD PvE.
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how the bonuses stack, additive or multiplicative, but either way it should be between 60% and 68% bonus to damage with heavy attacks.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the staff expert CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321395/magicka-dragonknight-vma-farmbuild-making-your-leftclick-deadly#latest

You're welcome. Elegance < Undaunted Infiltrator for Heavy Attack Builds. That plus vMA Lightning Staff = Easy Mode DPS & vMA
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have my aoe DD build created and can confirm it's simply great to play heavy attacks with this +40% ability and elegant set and lightning staff. Great aoe damage, no magicka issues, great sustain because of spammable Annulment after each heavy attack and good defence passives from Dragonknigt class - can deal with most overland bosses solo in full light armor. I really like that build so far, no need for many spells based on magicka doing the same damage but draining resources. Also I noticed by doing so much damage the play style is a bit tanky, since the bosses are often focusing on me instead of other DDs. Without Annulment I'd die very quickly.
    For now while awaiting those BOP sets from trials, I use Bahraha's Curse with Elegant and it works fine. By some defiance I play a Redguard, a former stamina DK DD, now magicka battlemage, and it's stamina passives helps a bit in blocking but tbh I don't care much about race :).
    In following weeks I focus on getting those heavy attacks-based sets from trials and that Maelstrom lightning Staff to complete the build for even more damage.
    Actual stats:
    1sML9CJ.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Gargath, great that you found out about the best solo playstyle on DKs on your own! If you want a guide using this concept and maximise the damage, have a look at this :) it includes a solo build that is very similar to yours.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/309550/elemental-fury-pve-heavy-attack-dk-build-homestead-ready-vmol-approved#latest
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Dragonknight skill Molten Armaments #Your own damage with fully-charge Heavy Attacks is increased by 40% while active.
    Elegant/Elegance set #(5 items) Increases your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 20%

Anyone can confirm is it +60% on heavy attacks using lightning Staff? Is it that powerful as it seems?
    On magicka DK DD PvE.

Those two things would be additive to each other.... but multiplied to your base heavy attack damage i think....
    So molten (+40%) added to elegant set (+20%) should put 60% more towards your heavy attack
    If your heavy attack is hitting for 5,000 before those extras... it now should hit for 8,000. (not counting other bonuses and CP distribution.
    It could be tested pretty easily but i'm sure someone that knows for certain will chime in here eventually...

The other thing... personally i would not suggest using elegant set. As it ONLY buffs your heavy attack damage compared to, lets say... julianos, which adds damage to every one of your skills. Since you are most likely doing more than just heavy attacking... it would be a dps loss with elegant.

But really... its your choice. Just putting in my 2 cents. If you like seeing those huge tics from heavy attack, SHOCK on ;)
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be better to run soulshine/the lightning damage buff set with each other.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our Build Editor has a relatively well tested light/heavy attack formula for all weapons you can use to estimate the damage done in various builds. It is a little ways down on the right side list. You can click on the "..." for the computed stat to open up a detail calculation window you can play with.

Note that for the Lightning Staff you should use the Light Attack stat since the Heavy Attack stat merely uses the damage from the Light Attack calculation. For other weapons the two attacks are calculated separately.

If you do notice any issues or attack damage discrepancies from the live server just let us know!
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

@Lokey0024 or whomever

Wait... hold on... is the heavy attack from a lightning staff considered a "channeled attack" or is it just a heavy attack?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

No. For heavy attacks go infallible aether and undaunted infiltrator with a maelstrom lightning staff.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing... personally i would not suggest using elegant set. As it ONLY buffs your heavy attack damage compared to, lets say... julianos, which adds damage to every one of your skills. Since you are most likely doing more than just heavy attacking... it would be a dps loss with elegant.
    Not exactly this, heavy attack is my main after Eruption (Ash Cloud) which is an opening skill to keep the mobs together and deal some initial damage. I already have Julianos on a Magicka Sorcerer alt, which performs very well, is very versatile, but I didn't want to duplicate it for the DK build but create something else instead. My Sorc also wears Elegant as 2-nd set (this will be changed for sure soon) but it's attacks are based on lightnings Staff and class spells not heavy attacks. As for the DK I also use Flames of Oblivion (Inferno Morph) instead of usually chosen Inner Light (same reason - to use another skill on alt). to have extra dps over more magicka.
    For defence, except the Annulment I have Volatile Armor (Spiked Armor morph) exchangable with Reflective Scales.
    This build is young and I still need to gather many skill points to unlock skills for 2-nd bar with resto staff, which I don't use at all and don't need to swap. I'm sure I'll use these tutorials you all placed in this thread once I unlock the skills, thanks a lot :).
    Edited by Gargath on March 5, 2017 9:01AM