The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Feedback] Style Parlor: Adornment pack

Kendaric
Kendaric
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Thanks for splitting this up into multiple sections (facial hair, jewelry, facial accessories), this was long overdue and is sorely missed in character creation. This allows for greater diversity than we used to have :)

Is there a reason for the eye options (left blind, right blind, oracle eyes) to be included in the facial hair category? They would be better off in either facial accessories or in their own category.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Agreed. If I could use the blind eyes with a beard, I'd buy it in an instant.
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Agreed. The eyes and the Bosmer horns shouldn't be in the facial hair category. How about a "physical features" category?

Other than that, love the pack.
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Can the bosmer horns be used on other races
      Options
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit is most pleased that there will now be the potential to adorn the self for a particular occasion and the possibility of obtaining more adornments through the use of the honestly gained coins.

Maybe in the future yes some lucky fish earrings?

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, only on Bosmer. Same for the Orc forehead spikes and everything specific to Khajiit or Argonian.
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

They wouldn't make sense on other races, as they are actual horns some Bosmer grow as far as I know.

The beards are available to a greater variety of races than in character generation, though. For example, you can have a Nord or Redguard with the braided goatee that was previously limited to Orcs, Bosmer, Altmer and Dunmer.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
        Options
      • Pandorii
        Pandorii
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Yep. I was surprised when adding the dragonfly eyelashes to my bosmer, I lost my horns... what? That makes no sense. XD seems like a shortcut in coding.
        Options
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Personally, I'd prefer to have the eyes as their own category but if that's not possible, at least move them from Facial Hairs to Facial Accessories.

Any chance this could be done @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
        Edited by Kendaric on September 14, 2016 11:07AM
          Options
        • Lunachik
          Lunachik
          ✭✭✭
          It was interesting to try the different combos. I do think it would be more convenient to have items that do not work together in the same category. This way you have a clear idea which can work together, and which ones make your Bosmer horns disappear. For instance the eye cover doesn't work if I have a flower in my hair, put them in the same category , and then I know I cannot use both at the same time.
          **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
          Options
        • Rykmaar
          Rykmaar
          ✭✭✭
          Does this parlor bit allow for things like earrings to be slotted? Because my dunmer needs earrings AND facial hair and has been banned from that by ZoS since the game released :)
          Options
        • Rykmaar
          Rykmaar
          ✭✭✭
          and newer face tattoo options for that matter.
          Options
        • Kendaric
          Kendaric
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Rykmaar wrote: »
          Does this parlor bit allow for things like earrings to be slotted? Because my dunmer needs earrings AND facial hair and has been banned from that by ZoS since the game released :)

@Rykmaar Yes, you can slot earrings in addition to facial hair. There aren't many choices for earrings that are usable by males, but I'm sure we'll gt more eventually.
            Options
          • Trublz
            Trublz
            ✭✭✭
            So from what I'm hearing.. Having diff eyes and facial hair isn't an option. What about if you had blind eyes and use the new long beard they added in the crown store?? Does that work?
            CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
            CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
            CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
            CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
            CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
            CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
            Options
          • Kendaric
            Kendaric
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭
            Trublz wrote: »
            So from what I'm hearing.. Having diff eyes and facial hair isn't an option. What about if you had blind eyes and use the new long beard they added in the crown store?? Does that work?

Nope, that doesn't work currently. It may work if you start out with a blind eye in character creation, but I doubt it,
              Options
            • Thevampirenight
              Thevampirenight
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭
              I am happy they are releasing the blind eyes, now we can rp as a blind person for reals now and I like that they did this. I am excited for the parlor adornment pack!
              PC NA
              Please add Fangs to Vampires.
              Options
            • Mettaricana
              Mettaricana
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭
              Kendaric wrote: »

They wouldn't make sense on other races, as they are actual horns some Bosmer grow as far as I know.

The beards are available to a greater variety of races than in character generation, though. For example, you can have a Nord or Redguard with the braided goatee that was previously limited to Orcs, Bosmer, Altmer and Dunmer.

I found having redguard hairs on elves looks so awkward...

But I was hopeful
              Options
            • Kendaric
              Kendaric
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭

I found having redguard hairs on elves looks so awkward...

But I was hopeful

I guess that depends on whether you play males or females and what hairstyles you want to use. Not every hairstyle/facial hair will look good on every race, though a lot will depend on the facial structure. The dreadlocks/afro hairstyles common to Redguard will likely look better on a more rounded face.
              Experiment a bit with appearance change tokens :)
                Options
              • Saoirse_Siobhan
                Saoirse_Siobhan
                ✭✭✭✭✭
                So these are only the facial adornments and not the body markings right?
                PC/EU DC
                Options
              • Kendaric
                Kendaric
                ✭✭✭✭✭
                ✭✭
                Yes, it's only facial adornments that were previously available only during char gen such as facial hair, jewelry, etc. I assume a face marking and body marking pack is in the works.
                  Options
                • Abeille
                  Abeille
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  Yes, it's only facial adornments that were previously available only during char gen such as facial hair, jewelry, etc. I assume a face marking and body marking pack is in the works.

Let's hope for a hair color pack too so we can use all colors on any race :smiley:

Meet my characters:

Options
                • CodyFurlong
                  CodyFurlong
                  ✭✭
                  If I buy the pack from the store, how do I use them in game? Do they show up during the character creation or something?
                  You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
                  Options
                • SydneyGrey
                  SydneyGrey
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  If I buy the pack from the store, how do I use them in game? Do they show up during the character creation or something?
                  You go to your Collections menu. :) This is the menu that has all the costumes, hats, mounts, pets and stuff. On the PC, you should be able to click "U" to get to it. (I'm on a PC, so I only know how to do it on the PC.)

When you're in the Collections menu, click on "Appearance" and find what you're looking for. Then right-click and select "Set Active."

Options