Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafted VS Drop sets proposed fix - Single piece bonus

Dark_Aether
Dark_Aether
✭✭✭✭
Crafted set have been very underperforming for a while now and even more so since 1T. I do not think drop sets should be nerfed or crafted sets be buffed to overshadow them. I do however think that they should be reworked to have a little something to give them an edge since drop sets have jewelries working for them (unless you plan to add jewelry crafting in the near future.)

If crafted sets were to have a bonus for having even one piece, I think people would be more incline to use them. I understand giving them a normal bonus might make them overpowered, so they might have a reduced version, about 2/3 of the potency.
Death’s Wind
648 Max Stamina

Night’s Silence
86 Stamina Recovery

Ashen Grip
648 Max Stamina

Torug’s Pact
648 Max Magicka

Trial by Fire
2% Healing Taken

Twilight’s Embrace
1290 Spell Resistance

Armor of the Seducer
86 Spell Damage

Magnus’ Gift
648 Max Magicka

Hist Bark
648 Max Stamina

Whitestrake’s Retribution --- 1290 Physical Resistance

Vampire’s Kiss
710 Max Health

Song of Lamae
459 Spell Critical

Alessia’s Bulwark
2% Healing Taken

Noble’s Conquest
86 Stamina Recovery

Tava’s Favor
2% Healing Taken

Kvatch Gladiator
86 Weapon Damage

Night Mother’s Gaze
648 Max Stamina

Willow’s Path
710 Max Health

Hunding’s Rage
86 Weapon Damage

Law of Julianos
86 Spell Damage

Redistributor
2% Healing Taken

Clever Alchemist
86 Stamina Recovery / 86 Magicka Recovery

Kagrenac’s Hope
86 Magicka Recovery

Orgnum’s Scale
710 Max Health

Eyes of Mara
86 Magicka Recovery

Shalidor’s Curse
2% Healing Taken

Oblivion’s Foe
459 Spell Critical

Specter’s Eye
1290 Spell Resistance

Way of the Arena
86 Stamina Recovery

Twice-Born Star
86 Weapon Damage / 86 Spell Damage

Armor Master
2% Healing Taken

Morkuldin
459 Weapon Critical

Eternal Hunt
648 Max Stamina

Pelinal’s Aptitude
86 Weapon Damage

What are your thoughts? Would there be a better solution?
Edited by Dark_Aether on March 1, 2017 7:20PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the approach - give them a unique building block that drops do not have. its the key for my approach as well.

my approach is to say hey, let us at craft time remove one or two of the 2-3-4pc bonuses making a resulting 3pc body/wpn set or a 4pc body/wpn set.

the drops cannot currently do this.
    it adds a bit of interesting options for staff/bow/2H uses.

i dont think your proposal would be imbalanced.

with drops now you can have say 5-5-2 earning you seven 2-3-4pc bonuses and two 5pc bonuses ignoring monster sets.
    i tend to count that as 11 bonuses cuz the end-set counts are better.

With crafted the same 12 slots could be used for 3 drop jewels, a 5pc and four other slots for a total of 11 counts. seems on par.

between the two i prefer the 3pc and 4pc as it brings the option in for getting three ongoing end-set bonuses when using crafted on bow/staff/2h but both take ther same approach so it seems good way of thinking.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing is for sure, crafted sets need something done to them to make them worthwhile, currently theres like 3 out of all the crafted sets that are any kind of good.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    Removing one piece so we can use 2 sets and access the final bonuses. That would be better than what we have now.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    Removing one piece so we can use 2 sets and access the final bonuses. That would be better than what we have now.

Well sort of.

It would allow a 4pc-5pc crafted and a 4pc craft and a 3 pcv jewelry. providing for three end set bonuses and two crafted sets depending on whether you have two weapons or one. it has a total of 6-7 less bonuses and three end set bonuses.

Right now tho you can have one 5pc crafted one 5pc drop and 2 monsters for three end sets - giving you 7 lesser bonuses and three end set bonuses if you have two weapons or if you have one weapon you can get there with a swap set.

So what it does is allow crafted sets to play more of a place while not losing as much.

So yeah better in that not as much a sacrifice but not better than what you can do now with more drops.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care that BIS are dropped, it is good for longevity of the game that it takes time to get all BIS.

Crafting sets could have a niche as entry level 160CP sets. But you can buy pretty decent drop set in good traits cheaper than craft 160CP!! This is nonsense.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be as if you could craft your own vMA weapon!

It would provide every staff and 2h user to essentially have the x5 x5 x2 set up!

It's exactly what everyone from those threads have said!

Yay!

I'm for it >:)
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 3, 2017 9:36PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds