Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Fireplace and other things.

RavenSworn
RavenSworn
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys! How do you start doing the fireplace? Is there a blueprint for it? I can't seem to find it so I'm inclined to think that it's actually something that I need to improvise from.

What are your other tips and tricks for platforming and making stairs?
Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's much help but there is a list of furnishings here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings which might help you find a fireplace or something to do a good basis.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased mine with crowns, the ones you can interact with are out there, I have yet to find one however. If you are in the home menu, browse, purchase, search for fire place, and there are several, the cheapest one was 90 crowns I think. FYI you can not cook on these, that is a separate item and goes for 3000 crowns IIRC.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, really appreciate this.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning: The provisioning set (cooking fire) that you can buy in the crown store does NOT work in the fireplaces. It was literally the only thing I bought with crowns for my house, and it won't work if you set it in the fireplace. At all.

It has to have some room around it for it to work, so it can't bump up against anything.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RavenSworn
    16998181_1237100233072969_4714862428075366031_n_zpsbpq8ljuj.jpg

Rough Planks look crude but you can make just about anything with them. "Rough stage" platforms are adequate for now as stairs and fits with the rustic/pioneer look of Autumn's Gate.

Loft type or ceilings curving in can limit your placement options for stairs, you hit invisible barriers. That's why the top of the stairs need to be away from the sides.

Outdoors, they work well as parapets:
    17021655_1237100299739629_1208493677235980143_n_zpsxf1i3lct.jpg

I say "adequate" because I don't have enough heartwood to make more stuff, and you can buy these platform items or the plans for gold from vendors. That's also why I have only one staircase (that's mismatched to the other wood) and everything else is ramps.

I got a plan for a Kahjiit Fireplace, already have one up for sale, but I'm PS4.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made one with blocks and slabs, then bought a burning log from the crown store to put in it.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the provisioning crafting station with writ vouchers from Rolis Hlallu (something like that) and I found a blueprint for a khajiit fireplace, brick... :)
    PC-EU @lientier