Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Homestead] Housing improvements for roleplay & social

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
Indeed Homestead is a huge promise for roleplayers, but there are some disappointments that would be fixed or improved easily.

First of them, well, of course the prices. Prices are awfully high, whether in gold, or in crowns or in time grinding materials+blueprints. Many roleplayers won’t pay and grind so much, and they will just go back to (often free) other medium, notwithstanding the interest of ESO backstory.
But OK, let’s admit that ZOS won’t make sales / is still greedy / or anyway the home worth it and you’re still buying it (like me). Even then, some things lower the expected result. Here are my two main "claims" (apart from an obvious bug reported here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319796/homestead-sharing-house-with-guild-is-broken ).

- Limitation to one "main house" per account/player (-seems easy to fix)
The matter is that defining a house as one's "main house" is the only way to make it open to guildmates when offline. Yet, we should be able to allow more estates to welcome offline visits as long as we decide it.
Why the actual system is wrong? As a guildmaster of a rolepay or social guild, one may need to define guild houses to welcome his/her guildmates. Even when he/she is offline. Because -maybe this kind of guild have not to be like a totalitarian kingdom where no GM online means no interaction!...
For instance I need our guild houses to be from different types and atmospheres, one is altmeri, one is orcish, and so on. With the actual system I can only enable one house for offline visits (and roleplay). What is the point for me to buy more than my first estate in the Shop, then? Not any.
Thus I may not give this additional money to ZOS.

- Taking the renaming option into account for immersion. Avoiding the feeling of "co-property" on all the same houses. (-perhaps a bit harder to implement)
Indeed the nice little option to give a brand personal name to our home is better than nothing!
But sadly it has not any incidence in the game. When guildmates or friends enter the house, when I enter the house - by a teleport, by a gate or by a door - everyone sees exactly the same name and the same story as any other player who bought this house...
Just imagine how much more immersive that would be if you could really appropriate your property. Displaying your roleplay name for yourself and for visitors, in the UI - and even the loading screen!

altmer10.jpg
For instance, this should be displayed when one enters our actual guild estate (I translated a part of the cutting in English for the purpose of illustration).

I hope these remarks will inspire the devs for improving all this.
Maybe you’ve got your own ideas and claims?
Edited by Ajaxandriel on February 12, 2017 7:18PM
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more with the OP. Right after the disappointment of the horrible low player caps and the terrible high prices is this awful inability to set more than one house as accessible to other players when I am offline. This SHOULD be somethng ZOS could fix quickly and easily. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the prices are high because prior to housing - there really wasnt any type of gold sink in the game besides legendary mats

i agree there should be a "travel to secondary residence" option

and i would like to add - i would like to purchase NPC characters to place in a house like redguard dancers, armored knights, etc.

in fact id like to tkae it one step further and suggest we can place guild mates and friendslist characters (with their permission of course) in our homes!!!! how cool would it be to have a "clone" of your friend stationed in your home?!?!?!?!?! or even your OWN ALTS!!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple way to allow more guild visitor when offline is to set new rights for that purpose, which would apply to the houses designed as "guild houses" thanks to a new feature (like "Set As A Guild House" for such or such a guild).

guild_11.jpg
    Translating my idea above :
    - Guild house Supplier (members allowed to add and remove furniture)
    - Guild house Decorator (members just allowed to move current furniture)
    - Guild House Visitor (members allowed to enter the house)

(An other way is to mimic swTOR system with "keys" that you entrust to some of your friends or officers - Seems less efficient though.)
    ____

About displaying the custom name of the house, before looking towards the loading screen... That may be a bit easier to display there, to begin with :
    wtf_ho10.jpg
    wtf_ho11.jpg

It was so disappointing to see that the custom name field is not even linked to this display haha
    ____

@Rickter Civilian and guard NPCs in the gardens would be nice indeed !

@MornaBaine Maybe the furniture caps of big houses should be extended, or the cap applied inside the house should not be taken into account outside.
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on March 3, 2017 1:38AM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to have a special furniture item "Home owner notes", where I could write home history (for RPers) or "furniture store prices" for business oriented players or whatever else.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote=in fact id like to tkae it one step further and suggest we can place guild mates and friendslist characters (with their permission of course) in our homes!!!! how cool would it be to have a "clone" of your friend stationed in your home?!?!?!?!?! or even your OWN ALTS!!![/quote]

I agree, I would like to place two of my characters into a house at the same time!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main residence is Gorinir Estate. I have turned to doorless breezy lower pod into a crafting station. So far I have blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking, and dying. Eventually, I'll add alchemist and enchanting.

But my main improvement was to build airborne pathways from the ramps between the pods and the cliff tops on either side of the house. You can run along them going one way, and run around the cliffs, crossing a precarious path made from clothesline poles that goes from cliff to cliff above the entrance door, and return to the pod-house from the other direction.

Visit my house and see it.
    @Brendalyn
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    I would really like to have a special furniture item "Home owner notes", where I could write home history (for RPers) or "furniture store prices" for business oriented players or whatever else.
    Along similar lines: I'd like to see books - like are available in Everquest 2 - where you can write in them yourselves, and/or let others write in them too.

I'd like to see a fishing school available to be placed in home waterways, and a fishing achievement to go along with it (e.g. similar to how fishing is in Coldharbour currently).

Other common thoughts (many others have and I agree)
    Edible foods/drink would be wonderful, that could be eaten once-daily by everyone.
    Similarly so for harvest resources. (e.g. like is the case in Guild Wars 2).

Runes of Magic had/has a wonder house plant growing system, I'd like to see something like that in ESO too.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are other possibilities to explore, as well.

65896_900.jpg

Sometimes, she says "How may I serve?" which works too. For that matter, "Come! Do your trading here!" is appropriate.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.