Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

farming vet fungal grotto

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been collecting gear sets for my future warden tank. So far I've got 5 pc black rose, 5 pc trainee, and 5 pc hatchlings shell stored up in my bank to provide different options depending on how the warden ends up playing. The black rose will be a given, with one of the other 5pc sets taking up 2x armor and 3 jewelry slots.

I have one armor piece for dreugh king slayer, and finally got the necklace, but I still need the chest and two rings to add that set to the collection, which means a lot of vet fungal grotto farming.

So far I've been doing all the collecting on my magicka dragon knight as a healer/caster, and I do fine in that role, but sometimes finding a good tank seems just as difficult as finding a healer. I only have one other character, a stamina nightblade - should I respec to tanking on one of these instead? Would it make finding groups any easier?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you would be planning gear choices now for the Warden..... there are going to new gear choices added with the addition of Morrowind.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I don't understand why you would be planning gear choices now for the Warden..... there are going to new gear choices added with the addition of Morrowind.

true, But I've little to do to keep me occupied in the meantime,so I've been doing everything u can to prepare for my warden - maxing out crafting skills, learning new motifs, collecting materials, building a stockpile of leveling gear and food/potions, collecting possible endgame gear sets for various purposes, etc.

PS4 / NA
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... problem. It turns out I need to do vet fungal grotto 2 for the rings. I've been doing just fine healing teams through vet fungal grotto 1, but doing the "2" version for the first time tonight was a disaster. I can no longer keep up with the healing needed, and I need to be able to put out a lot of damage while healing all at the same time. I just don't get how there's such a massive jump in difficuly here.
    PS4 / NA
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    If you're just farming jewelry or weapons then just do fungal grotto one. No need to do two. That one is significantly harder. You can skip right from the waterfall to the final boss and skip two sub bosses in the process. Final boss drops weapons and jewelry

The main reason I became a tank was for what you said. I can queue in as DPS and wait half hour or more to find a party. As a tank I queue in almost immediately each time. It's nice. Just different play style. I prefer tank now.
    Edited by Jciampi on March 1, 2017 7:06AM
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    If your trying to get the chest, you could always run the dungeon on normal and solo it. That's how I acquired my dreugh king slayer armor pieces.

Everything drops blue though, so you won't want to farm it on normal for the rings.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jciampi wrote: »
    If you're just farming jewelry or weapons then just do fungal grotto one. No need to do two. That one is significantly harder. You can skip right from the waterfall to the final boss and skip two sub bosses in the process. Final boss drops weapons and jewelry

The main reason I became a tank was for what you said. I can queue in as DPS and wait half hour or more to find a party. As a tank I queue in almost immediately each time. It's nice. Just different play style. I prefer tank now.

Do the rings drop in 1 though?
    PS4 / NA
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Jciampi wrote: »

Do the rings drop in 1 though?

Yes,the rings will drop in Fungal 1.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Rings drop in fungal grotto one. But they only drop in blue in normal. Will always drop in purple in veteran. So if you want just gear and weapons. Do normal. If you need purple jewelry you gotta go vet
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got the rings in a run last night, guess I was just really unlucky with it before
    PS4 / NA