Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blabafat - Homestead LA Magicka DK 1vX

• Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Zeuq wrote: »
    Disliked reported and muted

me too

You stole my build
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Hev @loki547

I was running amberplasm in that end clip (where I showed my stats). However, I found it pretty mediocre. Also, after hours and hours of farming I only managed to get two impen pieces. I was running lich or seducer in the other clips. Also, I was using rattlecage in all of them because I personally prefer it over BSW. When BSW isn't up, the spell damage is just too low. Rattlecage gives me the permanent buff, which allows me to run a different skill.

@Ishammael Yeah I've actually considered it (bloodthorn). I might farm it on the weekend and see how it is.

Bloodthorn is very nice, particularly on the stam return. The downside, if it is one, is that it requires an aggressive playstyle. If you are trying to evade and mist form away too much, it stops working. Otherwise, it works for permablock-style builds because it keeps ticking when raw stam regen doesn't.

Recently a couple of nights I've run 5H Rattlecage Bloodthorn Bloodspawn. It's decent but I think I prefer Seducer Rattlecage Bloodspawn overall. (For heavy.). I guess I could craft some light Seducer and try the same combo with 5L.

With the new leap, it might be interesting to try LA with Potentates.
    Edited by NBrookus on February 28, 2017 5:06AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Hev @loki547

I was running amberplasm in that end clip (where I showed my stats). However, I found it pretty mediocre. Also, after hours and hours of farming I only managed to get two impen pieces. I was running lich or seducer in the other clips. Also, I was using rattlecage in all of them because I personally prefer it over BSW. When BSW isn't up, the spell damage is just too low. Rattlecage gives me the permanent buff, which allows me to run a different skill.

@Ishammael Yeah I've actually considered it (bloodthorn). I might farm it on the weekend and see how it is.

So honestly how is light armor mag dk? I really dont have the money to waste if it turns out bad. These clips are nice but how many times really were you dying you know. Plus you seem to be pretty good so someone like me who is not as good as you could end up wasting lots of gold and time that I dont have :(
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Glory wrote: »
    Thanks for convincing me to go LA mate. I fought against it for so long but it does feel really good.

Convince me, please!

Just do it. Lol what do you have to lose? I've been back in light armor some this patch too. Definitely will be without cp.

LA completely impossible on EU as a mdk

Any new builds or mag DK Vids coming from you soon?

Not anytime soon sadly. Not having fun at all with the current balance, sorcs everywhere and you get perma curses on you, my dk is unplayable without a pocket templar. I'm getting ripped to shreds in heavy armor, with bloodspawn procs up and volatile armor.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for convincing me to go LA mate. I fought against it for so long but it does feel really good.

Convince me, please!

Just do it. Lol what do you have to lose? I've been back in light armor some this patch too. Definitely will be without cp.

Not anytime soon sadly. Not having fun at all with the current balance, sorcs everywhere and you get perma curses on you, my dk is unplayable without a pocket templar. I'm getting ripped to shreds in heavy armor, with bloodspawn procs up and volatile armor.

This has been my experience.

Unblockable curse, Unreflectable crushing shock. Horrible.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Convince me, please!

Even the potato sorcs are insanely strong.
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Hev @loki547

So honestly how is light armor mag dk? I really dont have the money to waste if it turns out bad. These clips are nice but how many times really were you dying you know. Plus you seem to be pretty good so someone like me who is not as good as you could end up wasting lots of gold and time that I dont have :(

Light armor is squishy, but I can't tell you how squishy compared to heavy because I haven't tried heavy in a long time. The max damage possible goes up a lot with light because you have more spell pen and sustain, which allows you to spec more into damage. If you're fine with a heavy spec right now, I wouldn't risk spending so much gold on light. But if you prefer more of a dps type of build, go light.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Convince me, please!

I think thats when Harness Magicka comes into play.
    I dont heal curse or shock, I shield from them and can sustain.
    If you heal you ll go oom.
    Or am I wrong
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Convince me, please!

Convince me, please!

Epic pocket healer healer Xbox NA seeks mDK to duo with *cough*
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 28, 2017 3:28PM
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know man, your form seems off.
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, do you offer them cookies to stay in those small tight spaces with a magdk?
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    If you look at his character screen for the 2 sec its up his setup I think becomes pretty clear. Burning Spellweave + Amberplasm + BloodSpawn. Very nasty combo indeed. I can't even wrap my head around the insane farming/rng needed for those two sets but always Blab pulls it off with gusto. Bravo.

Bloodthorn is almost as good as amber... And about 10x easier to get. Could be a good substitute.

Shhhhh, don't tell everyone lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Convince me, please!

Well at least it's just not me. I wasted 200 k gold crafting my seducer set and golding the weapons plus farming rattlecage. Not to mention the 3000 crowns to respec into a Dunmer. I Have been getting slaughtered with that build. I don't understand why I'm taking so much damage even in a duel. Prolly gonna pay another 3K to respec back to Redguard and go back to Stam DK.
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    donJay wrote: »
    Lol, do you offer them cookies to stay in those small tight spaces with a magdk?

No, they offer me inexperience.
    Edited by blabafat on March 1, 2017 2:30AM

Youtube:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love at the end of a few fights when they realize they are the last left and look to panic and try to run.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey blabafat...wheres dem magplar videos man? Havnt seen one in awhile
  • Boozdog
    Boozdog
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

Magplar got hard for solo play. So he rerolled
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boozdog wrote: »

I stopped playing magicka templar a long time ago. When I switched to magicka dk, magicka templar was by far stronger than magicka dk for solo play. You are very well aware of the fact that I was playing magicka dk several months before this patch came out, so I'm not sure why you're implying that I switched from magicka templar to magicka DK because of templar getting "harder" for solo play.

Youtube:
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    good ***!

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I stopped playing magicka templar a long time ago. When I switched to magicka dk, magicka templar was by far stronger than magicka dk for solo play. You are very well aware of the fact that I was playing magicka dk several months before this patch came out, so I'm not sure why you're implying that I switched from magicka templar to magicka DK because of templar getting "harder" for solo play.

Magplar >>>> mDK for solo play this patch anyway
  • Boozdog
    Boozdog
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

No no no no no no! How can you even say that haha
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because wings is bugged. DKs have better CC, but magplar has better, passives, burst, healing, class based purge and magika steal. DK is still not as strong as the hype train makes them out to be. Assuming similarly skilled players, magplar will outperform DK in everything except dueling situations, imo. Magplar can easily wear 5 Heavy and run 3 offensive sets, Slimecraw/Julianos/Spinners for example, and still sustain forever. If you do that on mDK you're not gonna sustain in 1vX situations.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 2, 2017 3:42PM
  • Boozdog
    Boozdog
    ✭✭✭

Because wings is bugged. DKs have better CC, but magplar has better, passives, burst, healing, class based purge and magika steal. DK is still not as strong as the hype train makes them out to be. Assuming similarly skilled players, magplar will outperform DK in everything except dueling situations, imo. Magplar can easily wear 5 Heavy and run 3 offensive sets, Slimecraw/Julianos/Spinners for example, and still sustain forever. If you do that on mDK you're not gonna sustain in 1vX situations.

Magplar is good at surviving, but solo and actually killing..no

Wheres your reliable CC on a magplar?

GG WP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

GG WP

Toppling and vamp drain are both reliable CCs
  • Boozdog
    Boozdog
    ✭✭✭

GG WP

None of those are reliable. Ask the top tier magplars.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

GG WP

None of those are reliable. Ask the top tier magplars.

so by your logic the only reliable CCs in the game are fear and fossilize? gtfo
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I haven't had charge lock up in a long time at least; but within minumum range you can't use it. Vamp drain starts at the initiating of cast so you can cancel it; right? Still not great if someone happens to be weaving bash in there if they hit you before you cancel.

At any rate; now has no bearing on what blabs said. He started DK while it was weak. It's not like Templar was the best in light armor back in the shield stacking days yet he made it work.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Well, I haven't had charge lock up in a long time at least; but within minumum range you can't use it. Vamp drain starts at the initiating of cast so you can cancel it; right? Still not great if someone happens to be weaving bash in there if they hit you before you cancel.

At any rate; now has no bearing on what blabs said. He started DK while it was weak. It's not like Templar was the best in light armor back in the shield stacking days yet he made it work.

I don't think anyone other than dubzug thinks blab isn't a good player.

As far as vamp drain, I back bar it on magplars, the same way I did blazing spear then animation cancel it with a weapon swap. I've never had it bashed in this case.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree here, 100%. Other sets good for MagPlar: Rattle, Soulshine

Reliable CCs: spear, toppling, vamp drain.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great video man!