The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally got robbed.

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guild bank is used for "donating" items members don't need others might. Sometimes junk gets thrown in and I usually remove it when it does so it doesn't take up space. I tell my members to use modesty when withdrawing items so others can have stuff too but if anyone DID come and clean it out that's no real loss, plus it's so full no single person could carry it all without using mules anyway lol

The guild I'm in is like this. The bank is for donations. We want green or better please, but not required. Expect your stuff to be sold to get a guild trader or by the guild trader for replenishing the guild's gold, or occasionally for someone to grab all the recipes they are missing. If you take something, leave something.

I like the idea of allowing guild masters the ability to approve withdrawals on a case by case basis for certain members. Once approved, the item would be delivered by mail. Kind of the same as asking an officer for stuff directly, but maybe offers a more streamlined process via a tidy UI.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to every guild, the system needs to be revamped.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happened twice in my guild it sucks the guild bank is pretty much my personal bank at this point since I can't trust anyone I hate that after playing games like Neverwinter and Star Trek Online im used to having guild withdraw permissions and everything is smooth
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't actually care if somebody robbed our guild bank.... We have too much **** in there :lol: but if somebody did have anything precious in there, luckily, only trustworthy guildies have permission to take the **** :blush:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on August 31, 2016 11:20PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to happen - and while yes there are steps you can take to reduce it, you can't make it impossible to happen. A very well known guild in PC | NA recently had the bank's gold raided by the guildmaster who then quit the game. It happens....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    In real world, if a person robs a bank and gets caught, they have to pay and are flagged. It could and SHOULD be same here. The system that is set up now is badly broken and could easily be fixed, in many ways. As is, guild banks are basically just an easy 500 inventory bag for guildmasters, rather than a community building tool.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    After hearing the stories here it finally happened to our guild. Just noticed it tonight right before logging off for bed, player took over 200 items from the bank, and then thanked the Guild Master for it all in a message. At least they didn't have access to the Gold.

I had playfully joked in Guild chat about emptying the bank before and there were giggles, but someone actually doing it. And knowing there's nothing you can do, and there's nothing Zenimax will do.

sigh

And of course it was done by one of the new players that came in with the DLC wave.

Those two bolded sentences are a direct contradiction.

Why on earth do guilds persist in throwing round permissions like confetti - even when as in this case they've heard the stories?
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to revive a thread from last August.

It's pretty difficult to tell via code to tell if someone is "supposed to withdraw that much" or not. I mean, you guilds gave them permissions to use them so how is it supposed to know?

I always say, officers only. If somoene needs something, let them hand it out.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never noticed it was an old thread, these complaints pop up so often I just assumed it was another one :smiley: !