The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally got robbed.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it sucks when this happens, and the guy who did it is definitely a ***, but he didn't do anything that was technically against any rules because permission to withdraw means you've got permission to take everything if you want. Total *** move, and also totally not something ZOS can police because it was also totally legal - in a technical sense.

Unfortunately without having decent guild controls, the only thing you can do is restrict guild withdrawals to only the people you know the best and trust the most (which can still occasionally backfire), and/or encourage everyone in the guild to only put things in the guild bank that nobody will really care about if they get wiped out.

Now what I'd really like to see is a system where the GM can choose to allocate guild bank slots to different bank tiers Maybe have up to 5 different tiers, and you can choose how many slots go in each one in batches of 10 bank slots. You then name each tier (or go with the default of Tier 1, Tier 2 etc - but naming allows you to call one of them "officer access" or "trials supplies" or whatever so people know what the tier is supposed to be used for), and choose which ranks can access which tiers both for deposit and withdrawal.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guild's solution is to put nothing of value in the guild bank
    :|
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it a Khajiit? It is always a Khajiit.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was it a Khajiit? It is always a Khajiit.

Or maybe he was new to TG DLC and thought that he will gain experience in the Thieves Guild skill line by robbing his guildmates as much as possible?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A solution I've seen is that some guilds only have the top members have access to the bank, but if someone wants an item, all they have to do is ask, and someone will get it for them.

That way the low-ranking members can't rob the bank, but they can still get access to items.

Doesn't stop high-ranking members from robbing the bank though.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guild bank is used for "donating" items members don't need others might. Sometimes junk gets thrown in and I usually remove it when it does so it doesn't take up space. I tell my members to use modesty when withdrawing items so others can have stuff too but if anyone DID come and clean it out that's no real loss, plus it's so full no single person could carry it all without using mules anyway lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    You did not get robbed if it's in the bank it's free game, guild masters treat it like real life out there in those streets. :}
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    You did not get robbed if it's in the bank it's free game, guild masters treat it like real life out there in those streets. :}

I don't lol for my guild it's more of a charity.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my own personal guild bank. All the people there iv'e known them for almost three years. I can put kutas, tampering alloids, hakeijo's, unbound jewlery, food, potions, all the necessary things and not worry about it. Heck most of them don't even play the game anymore other than me and another friend that hops on occasionally.
    Edited by Kalante on August 31, 2016 5:07PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    I have my own personal guild bank. All the people there iv'e known them for almost three years. I can put kutas, tampering alloids, hakeijo's, unbound jewlery, food, potions, all the necessary things and not worry about it. Heck most of them don't even play the game anymore other than me and another friend.

I'm in 2 guilds where I have access to the guild bank, and I'm the only one who still logs in with that privilege.

So I basically have an extra 1000 bank slots.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wont say the obvious but the guild master should lock it down full stop you want or need something wait for them this happens all the time in general most players are honest but it only takes one PEICE OF SH.T to ruin everything ppl have worked for ..lesson is dont trust anyone!!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEVS: More defined Guild bank permissions are a must.
    agree.gif

Some guilds, like my own, rely heavily on members being able to exchange items through the bank.
    It's part of how our guild works.
    We simply can't have newcomers be left out in the rain for weeks to establish some sort of "trust" (whatever than means).

What we need is a system that lets us set custom withdraw levels for each guild rank ...
    dry.gif

Gonna tag Jessica here: @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on August 31, 2016 5:28PM
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    DEVS: More defined Guild bank permissions are a must.
    agree.gif

Some guilds, like my own, rely heavily on members being able to exchange items through the bank.
    It's part of how our guild works.
    We simply can't have newcomers be left out in the rain for weeks to establish some sort of "trust" (whatever than means).

What we need is a system that lets us set custom withdraw levels for each guild rank ...
    dry.gif

Gonna tag Jessica here: @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    bye1.gif
    im just a sh.t kicker in the guilds im in... Is there not ranks and with those ranks have set pemissions? lmao the guilds im in its like join and forget i havent heard boo from the 2 i joined recently!!
    OHH btw any ps4 n/a guilds that have a trader in a resoanble location i dont mind donating to the trader fund ( got a whole buttload of stuff to sell) :) and its still a pain selling in chat!!
    Edited by snakester320 on August 31, 2016 5:38PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there not ranks and with those ranks have set pemissions?
    Nope, not for bank access. It's either all or nothing.
    sad.gif
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    After hearing the stories here it finally happened to our guild. Just noticed it tonight right before logging off for bed, player took over 200 items from the bank, and then thanked the Guild Master for it all in a message. At least they didn't have access to the Gold.

I had playfully joked in Guild chat about emptying the bank before and there were giggles, but someone actually doing it. And knowing there's nothing you can do, and there's nothing Zenimax will do.

sigh

And of course it was done by one of the new players that came in with the DLC wave.

Guilds that are open to simply grow in numbers and accept anyone in their ranks for the simple fact that they want in are something that doesn't go very well, not saying your guild is one of those but guild offers in the zone chat often are targeted by not only new but irresponsible players and trolling.

This strategy is not thievery but straight up trolling, being in a guild and having the common accord of mutual help surpasses by a lot any gain you get from ransacking the guild storage since we all know(and unless you are a samaritan or maybe want to make a point) the guild bank is mostly filled with great low-level gear and other things that most of the old school members are plenty of.
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution to this. Send a permission notification to the officers, with a list of items being requested. Once approved, they are sent to in game mail, you cannot simply take them instantly from guild bank.
    Edited by Khaos_Bane on August 31, 2016 6:03PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people here are saying I (or we) shouldn't just give permissions to every player that comes around. Like to clarify that really isn't the case most of the time. I'm somewhere near the mid to top half of our Guild's totem pole and I don't have much power. Granted though my middle rank allows me to both deposit and withdraw from the Bank at will, so even I could do the same thing and just empty it out whenever I want, but I've gone into the chat room and talked with the GM, at least he and others know I'm a good guy.

Honestly I don't know what happened with this person. From what I know they were a fairly recent addition and I guess the GM was just a bit too welcoming this time. I'm sure after last night he's done a major overhaul of the Guild.

It definitely would be beneficial if Zenimax implemented a Withdrawal Limit for the Bank, somewhere like 10 to 20 items per day or two days. That way at least we can catch any suspicious activity earlier on.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wonder what items there are in those banks that they even get robbed.

I had access to the bank of 2 different trade guilds, a pve and a pvp guild.
    They only guild that would be worth robbing is the pvp guild, cos of gold rewards from camps that nobody needed to deconstruct.

Both other guilds just had motifs, recipes and potions nobody ever uses anyway
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

I had access to the bank of 2 different trade guilds, a pve and a pvp guild.
    They only guild that would be worth robbing is the pvp guild, cos of gold rewards from camps that nobody needed to deconstruct.

Both other guilds just had motifs, recipes and potions nobody ever uses anyway

A guild I was in that was robbed was targeted for the enchantment stones. This individual had also been given access to the bank gold, and took that too.

Another just had a collection of armor for members to use for researching traits. The thief took everything in the bank and vendor trashed it. Probably got 5k tops for the effort.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone ruined the only guild I've ever really liked in this game by taking 2 mil from the bank.

And then he quit two days later.. such a jackass.
    Edited by PurifedBladez on August 31, 2016 7:59PM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying on console because if you don't have access to the guild bank you can't see what's inside like on PC. So you can't have guildies just ask you to withdraw what is in the bank for them because they do not know what is in the bank.

PC at least you used to be able to view the guild bank without withdrawal permission. IDK if this is the case anymore.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it just me or every time I read this post title I feel like its an accomplishment.

th?id=OIP.M97a8cfdbbb3d40feaf0712b7ffb80b1bo1&w=93&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

cross that off the bucket list
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate... so sorry to hear of your guild's loss.

My guild formed a year prior to ESO's release. A week before launch, the GM went crazy on everyone and started booting people out. So, myself and what remained of the former officers took the reigns and started rebuilding and carrying on. One of said former officers eventually went crazy too. He decided that personal information (and the drama that it entailed) between individuals in the guild was his business and his responsibility, turning it into a public issue.

I think the inherent flaws in this scenario are probably obvious to everyone here. Skipping forward, he ultimately had burned bridges with people who had considered him a friend not even a day or two prior. I can't quite remember if I forced to him to leave, or if he chose to go before I had the chance, but nonetheless he robbed our guild bank before he went.

I share this story to illustrate that not every time a GM places trust in someone, is it entirely the GM's fault for getting betrayed later on. It is generally unwise to give withdrawal permissions to new members; it's not a practice I make a habit of doing unless that new member comes with a recommendation from an existing member (our general rule is that friends of friends are always welcome). But this happened with an officer, a founding member. My guild has been "chartered" for 3 1/2 years now... in that entire time, this one example is the only time we've been robbed or blindsided.

My (our) guild isn't a very large one; we have about 50 members. But I made it a point to make personal contact (and form a personal relationship) with every person who puts on our tabard. I really want to emphasize that I do this not because I don't trust people, rather I do it because that's how meaningful guild relationships are formed, and those who have personal ties to a guild are substantially less likely to steal from it. The obvious statement is to be careful who you trust, but one cannot reasonably expect to develop lasting and meaningful guild relationships without taking the occasional risk.
    Edited by Autolycus on August 31, 2016 8:38PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Last time we got hit it was about 300 set pieces, mostly CP160, including some pretty rare ones.
    All gone in less than an hour.

I wasn't online at the time and none of the other officers noticed anything until it was too late.

It just plain sucks that you can't set withdraw limits per rank ...
    dry.gif
  • Mondrely
    Mondrely
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought they should implement something similar to what WoW did with guild banks. You could give access to different tabs based on rank, and limit the number of items that could be removed from each tab in one day.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    After hearing the stories here it finally happened to our guild. Just noticed it tonight right before logging off for bed, player took over 200 items from the bank, and then thanked the Guild Master for it all in a message. At least they didn't have access to the Gold.

I had playfully joked in Guild chat about emptying the bank before and there were giggles, but someone actually doing it. And knowing there's nothing you can do, and there's nothing Zenimax will do.

sigh

And of course it was done by one of the new players that came in with the DLC wave.

was he a veteran player in that guild? that you know longer time from the game? or how did he get access to withdraw stuff from the bank?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see tabs added with permissions based on rank for each tab.

Viewable by rank X, y/n
    Withdraw by rank X, y/n
    Deposit by rank X, y/n

And apply the same to the guild gold as well. You'd have to be a certain rank in the guild to even view the total amount of gold. A means to turn off the ability to deposit gold would be nice as well as we don't have that yet. We still have security issues in large trade guilds where spies can report bidding. Transparency is one thing but should never come at the cost of increased security.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ArchMikem sorry for your troubles. I hate thieves.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem sorry for your troubles. I hate thieves.

:angry:
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that your guild bank got robbed. :(
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--