The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More benefits of AP

Raevyness
Raevyness
✭✭✭
Recently with the double AP as well as previously without double AP, I have found limited use for my AP points. Don't get me wrong, I know I can buy purple and gold items, some gear as well as basic potions and food. I do spend a small amount of AP on food, potions but most of my AP end up going back into PvP activies, e.g. trebs, oils, repairs etc. Even still I have over 200K AP that I'm not interested in spending on gear, purple or gold items (some of which are random). Don't get me wrong, I love PvP for exactly what it is and I don't mind my AP going back into PvP, however, I think there could be more benefits of AP for players to promote PvP to gain AP.

What I'm suggesting here is that some rewards which can be purchased for AP, be implimented into the game. For example some recipes, ingredients, basic motifs, furniture blue prints, just some common things that can be purchased for AP to make PvP a bit more of a rewarding experience.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a guild trader in PvP, that only uses AP???
    Edited by cpuScientist on February 28, 2017 11:59PM
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Akaviri motif pages cost a grand total of like 4.3 million AP. I'm good with such AP sinks being limited, thanks.
  • Skritha
    Skritha
    How much do Akaviri motifs sell for on guild traders? Never actually looked for them. That seems to be a way to launder AP into gold if you need to.

There are also all the loot boxes you can spend AP on. Personally I find these a lot of fun if you play alts. Putting together a gear set for one alt usually throws off collections of other sets I'd never thought of using. So I make an alt to use those and see if they can be viable.

If that doesn't spin your wheel, I'd recommend implementing the random skin loot boxes like they have in Imp City. The percentage is low, but each one has a chance to drop an Xivkyn skin. People love loot boxes, and that would keep them spending their AP.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Akaviri motif pages cost a grand total of like 4.3 million AP. I'm good with such AP sinks being limited, thanks.

This.

It took me a couple of months to get enough AP to buy all of it (and I bought 2 or 3 pages at traders when they were reasonably priced).

I still have friends who want me to get motif pages for them.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    I understand what you're all saying in terms of the Akaviri Motifs, however they are quite pricey. In terms of the average player who enjoys PvP and would like to get some kind of reward for their efforts, grinding PvP for hours and weeks for AP just for Motifs isn't really a great motivation.

What I'm trying to say here is it would be nice to spend AP on some rewards that DON'T cost thousands of AP and months in PvP to earn. Something that can benefit the average player who spends 2-3 hours on ESO daily and won't crash or cause any economic issue within the game. Something simple such as basic recipes or ingredients, dyes, hell even the ability to spend AP to buy gear repair kits would be nice. For me I think the ability to earn AP really is only useful to the cycle of spending AP on things that go back into PvP, unless you want to grind AP for months and save just for a expensive Motif.

Something like this could promote PvP by rewarding players who might not have 10 hours daily to play. If you only have 1-3 hours daily to play ESO and you do PvP you're basically just doing it for fun, I don't have an issue with that I love PvP and sometimes just play it for fun. That said, I lose motivation a. because AP isn't really a reward system that rewards players for the time they put in (unless you put in crazy amounts of hours each week), b. People who only have 1-3 hours to play ESO daily don't have a chance to even get Emp or get on the leaderboard and c. The amount of AP you'd get in 1-3 hours in PvP would pretty much only be enough to cover your PvP costss e.g. trebs, oil, potions & food you may buy.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skritha wrote: »
    How much do Akaviri motifs sell for on guild traders? Never actually looked for them. That seems to be a way to launder AP into gold if you need to.

If anyone is interested, the 500K motifs like Helmet go for about 100K on the NA server, a pretty good ratio of AP to gold.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also there are all the light, medium, and heavy armor sets at the towns along with zone crates. So there are for sure ap sinks
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we should be able to use our vast stockpiles of AP to by lag free pvp servers.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.