The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do you distribute your toons?

• Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    What do you mean toons? I have only 1 character that does everything not 14 like some Altholics.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    other
    I used to do all my toons on Saturday morning. Nowadays, with online services, I watch my toons whenever I want.
    Toons every day of the week.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Danikat wrote: »
    I have 6 characters divided evenly between alliances (2 in each) but not all in their racial alliance:
    • Breton and khajiit in DC
    • Argonian and bosmer in EP
    • Imperial and dunmer in AD

I make my characters in a slightly round-about way, starting with a concept which is as likely to be an element of their backstory or personality as something that's actually part of the game like their race or class. Then I match everything else to that.

For example my Imperial is a dedicated crafter who spends most of his time in town, but I knew he'd have to have travel around to get skill points so he'd need some combat skills. I tried to imagine what kind of person would fit that description and came up with a young kid who is supposed to be training to be a crafter but has aspirations of being an adventurer instead, or a retired adventurer/soldier who took up crafting after he got sick of fighting for a living. The second one was more interesting to me, so I made him a older guy with a lot of scars and an eye patch and settled him in Auridon because it seemed like he'd want to retire somewhere quiet and pretty and far from the war.

Sometimes, when it doesn't really matter, I have picked an alliance to balance out the others. For example my bosmer I just wanted to start anywhere except AD and at the time I had 2 DC characters and 1 EP, so I put him in EP.

(Edit to add: I don't have a favourite alliance. Some of my characters feel strongly about it but I think they're all as good and as bad as each other and I'm kind of relieved to know none of them really win in the end.)

This is pretty much exactly how I do it. Glad I'm not alone. :)

I start with a concept and figure out where they would be based on that. My Argonian ex-slave wanted to get away from elves, so she went to the DC, whereas my Breton thief wanted to ply her trade somewhere warm and sunny (to wit "Like taking a vacation. Where I steal stuff! :)" ), so she hopped a ship to AD.

And then anyone who doesn't have a strong reason, I also just use to balance the alliances, and figure out why they went there later.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 28, 2017 10:00PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 2 characters, so I can't claim one in each, although each of those characters is in a different alliance.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    other
    Vertically, in the order that they were created.