The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No CP PVP is Great!

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed to encourage bigger groups, about all I noticed.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I do agree when in PVP, there should be no CP allowed, for fair play on the skills instead of buffs.

there is nothing "unfair" about CP especially when you can obtain it yourself.

Its not like they are using something that you cant get. That would be different.

Unfair is someone getting an advantage over you that you can never get. Fair is having the same opportunity as everyone else to obtain something.

Like it or not it is FAIR and while you may not want to or cant, others DO put the effort in to obtain the CP they have either by simply playing or having plenty of time to play.

There have always been people with higher CP than me but i never complained because i knew i could get there eventually.
    It was unfair when there was no CP cap because people could farm, but with a cap everyone has a chance.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 28, 2017 3:15AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    It's just as laggy, and slightly harder to 1vX -- and gankers are now three times better. WOOO SO MUCH BETTER.

It was never meant to remove lag or make things easier to do when facing groups. If you werent paying attention. The point is to see if theres a difference between CP PvP and Non-CP PvP. If you think this was a "fix".....You need to tune in a bit more.

I am paying attention. It's a test to see how significantly CP impacts overall performance -- I hope their reasoning was something a bit better than 'durrr azuraz runz betta' but I doubt it. I also didn't say that it was meant to help 1vX, or do anything of the sort -- it's simply the effect that it's having on gameplay right now, and I'm stating it.

"TuNUEUEE INd A BITT MORAASRRRRR"
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every ball group guild I know has been zerging badly tonight. And 1vxers and pvp streamers are also hiding in the zergs. Kind of sad. I hope that this isnt what zos considers a fun time. AS, TF, and Had are all pop locked on PCNA with TF having a 175queue on AD.
    Lots of PVErs taking advantage of the double AP, because its obvious that a significant portion of players are wearing pve builds.
    But, amazingly the zones have been relatively lag free.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every ball group guild I know has been zerging badly tonight. And 1vxers and pvp streamers are also hiding in the zergs. Kind of sad. I hope that this isnt what zos considers a fun time. AS, TF, and Had are all pop locked on PCNA with TF having a 175queue on AD.
    Lots of PVErs taking advantage of the double AP, because its obvious that a significant portion of players are wearing pve builds.

huh, who would of thunk. I wonder where all the players in PvE zones went ? :O I wonder why PvP is so laggy now, :O OMG Do you think they're connected?

We should tell ZoS! They'll do some-

Nevermind -_-

Zenimax are rich enough to sue facebook but are not rich enough to buy better hardware and hire good server techs? I call bs.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 28, 2017 3:21AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade , tanky? You running heavy
    Lol no just spinner, necro and Stam builds falling with less then 4 attacks cause they can't heal, nor break through shields, never run out of Stam cause of tripots. Playing mag builds in no CP is easy asf.
    Edited by Isellskooma on February 28, 2017 3:27AM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

huh, who would of thunk. I wonder where all the players in PvE zones went ? :O I wonder why PvP is so laggy now, :O OMG Do you think they're connected?

We should tell ZoS! They'll do some-

Nevermind -_-

Zenimax are rich enough to sue facebook but are not rich enough to buy better hardware and hire good server techs? I call bs.

Well the lawsuit was over a breech of contract with a former employee that made the oculus rift.
    But, I was saying that pvp was relatively lag free for once. But this kind of pvp is very boring and highly repetitive. I have yet to encounter a group of less than 10 in trueflame. With most well into the 60-75 range.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice much difference to be honest. Still laggy in large scale battles.

I hope they get some usable data.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question about zos is why Matt Firor calls himself a game director every time he is on screen, when in reality he is the President of Zenimmax Online.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm having fun. I think if they added double ap to Azura's forever it would bring more people there. Just a thought :)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your really notice how OP stamina builds really are when you have no CP, Also I think someone at ZOS forgot to scale the guards on the no CP as they seem to still have the same stats that they do on the CP campaigns despite all the players dealing less damage and having lower stats.

But if ZOS ever does make it so all Campaigns are no CP then at least they could remove the CP cap from PVE, only reason it was put in place was due to unbalance in PVP.

It would be interesting to see if a player with 1500 CP can solo a trial by themselves.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Korah_Eaglecry
    Well, one thing is certain when I was PvP-ing last night.
    The same lag patterns are still there frequently as to when CP was on. *stares at ZoS*
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on February 28, 2017 3:54AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's awful. If you're Magicka you're screwed. Before CP stamina was deadly and could survive way easier than Magicka.

CP helped alleviate that stamina dominance

Nah. You main a mag character? Mag builds have regen sets. Bloodthorn/Lich/Amber Plasm/Seducer/Alteration Mastery. Slot one of the sustain set on back bar and you are good to go. Stam builds don't have any regen sets.
    Those stam guys who killed you were people who actually built towards sustain. Believe me, I tried bringing the setup i was using in CP to non-CP, it didn't work, I constantly ran out of stam. All you need to do is to take a look at your build, slot a sustain set then go wrecking those people back. Example, if you are a magsorc, run Spinner+Lich. If you are a magdk, use Rattlecage+Alteration Mastery or Seducer+Sun. If you are a magplar, go Amber or Bloodthorn. Using Reactive and holding block doesn't work, you will run out of stam and get rekt. It's ez pz.
    Then the answer is no difference at all ..
    Lag
    Crashes
    Op Stam builds
    Proc sets
    Ohhh and my favourite load screens a plenty

lol. Stam builds aren't OP. Those stam guys who killed you were people who actually built towards sustain. Believe me, I tried bringing the setup i was using in CP to non-CP, it didn't work, I constantly ran out of stam. Build towards sustain and go wreck them back. Fully damage proc sets users now can kill 1 person then die.
    As about lag, that's not the point of the test. They want to collect samples to find out that what exactly is the main cause of lag. They are not going to remove your CPs.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magbuilds are having the time of there life, I couldn't heal for my life on my main Stam Nightblade. Get on my Magblade I haven't played in ages and had the time of my life, could heal, be tanky.

Please, build towards sustain. Stambuilds that aren't built towards sustain also suck. Believe me, I tried.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just as laggy, and slightly harder to 1vX -- and gankers are now three times better. WOOO SO MUCH BETTER.

It was never meant to remove lag or make things easier to do when facing groups. If you werent paying attention. The point is to see if theres a difference between CP PvP and Non-CP PvP. If you think this was a "fix".....You need to tune in a bit more.

I am paying attention. It's a test to see how significantly CP impacts overall performance -- I hope their reasoning was something a bit better than 'durrr azuraz runz betta' but I doubt it. I also didn't say that it was meant to help 1vX, or do anything of the sort -- it's simply the effect that it's having on gameplay right now, and I'm stating it.

You know that they will collect samples and do tests right? Or you think they just log in see with their bare eyes?
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your really notice how OP stamina builds really are when you have no CP, Also I think someone at ZOS forgot to scale the guards on the no CP as they seem to still have the same stats that they do on the CP campaigns despite all the players dealing less damage and having lower stats.

But if ZOS ever does make it so all Campaigns are no CP then at least they could remove the CP cap from PVE, only reason it was put in place was due to unbalance in PVP.

It would be interesting to see if a player with 1500 CP can solo a trial by themselves.

OK, another case, build towards sustain, please. Mag builds have been all over Azura for years, no one has complaint, because those guys actually built towards sustain. Slot a sustain set on your back bar and you are good to go. Stambuilds without sustain also suck, trust me, I tried.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice much difference to be honest. Still laggy in large scale battles.

I hope they get some usable data.

In TF before, it's even laggy even when you are not in any large scale battle. Large scale battles are always laggy, we can't change that.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on February 28, 2017 4:09AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit hard to believe they're doing this for performance testing. Shouldn't they have plenty of data from the Azura's Star campaign? It's usually fully populated on PC EU.

Had to adjust the build to regain some sustain, my DPS is maybe 2/3 of what it was. The Bloodthirst tooltip has dropped from 1000 to 600. Proc sets seem to be keeping the DPS somewhat afloat. Bosses in IC have become rather tedious to solo, too much so for my liking. Healing from Bloodthirst is very noticeably less, adding some danger. Sustain sucks. I complained when they nerfed IC last summer, but this version of IC - PvE wise - is not nearly as dangerous as it used to be and mostly just tedious.

PvP is possibly an improvement in that fights are slower, but I haven't played enough to say for sure. As I play in medium armor, facing stamblades and other high-burst builds feels a little improved. On the other hand facing a tanky DK, I have a feeling, would never end. There's a spectrum of players you try to cover with your one build. Against the high-damage, but squishier ones, you sometimes wish you were tankier, against tanks you wish you had more DPS. Maybe the spectrum has shifted, but I'm not sure.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Bit hard to believe they're doing this for performance testing. Shouldn't they have plenty of data from the Azura's Star campaign? It's usually fully populated on PC EU.

Had to adjust the build to regain some sustain, my DPS is maybe 2/3 of what it was. The Bloodthirst tooltip has dropped from 1000 to 600. Proc sets seem to be keeping the DPS somewhat afloat. Bosses in IC have become rather tedious to solo, too much so for my liking. Healing from Bloodthirst is very noticeably less, adding some danger. Sustain sucks. I complained when they nerfed IC last summer, but this version of IC - PvE wise - is not nearly as dangerous as it used to be and mostly just tedious.

PvP is possibly an improvement in that fights are slower, but I haven't played enough to say for sure. As I play in medium armor, facing stamblades and other high-burst builds feels a little improved. On the other hand facing a tanky DK, I have a feeling, would never end. There's a spectrum of players you try to cover with your one build. Against the high-damage, but squishier ones, you sometimes wish you were tankier, against tanks you wish you had more DPS. Maybe the spectrum has shifted, but I'm not sure.

Check this out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3851106/#Comment_3851106

You are a stamblade right?
    Back bar Marksman/Night's Silence/Shadow Walker if you don't want to farm gear. Then you are all set.

It's just one week, if you really cannot adjust your build and your playstyle, questing and the open world are great in this game. Or create a new character and try non-vet campaign. If that's not enough, there are plenty of other good games that you can play for a week :D
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on February 28, 2017 4:57AM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the record ... having 0 crit resistance didn't matter at all.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp just makes some races and builds less viable..
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    No cp just makes some races and builds less viable..

Yup absolutely, wearing reactive while perma blocking isn't viable. If you want sustain you now have to build towards it.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on February 28, 2017 5:26AM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not notice any less lag, about the same as always..
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People die so easily without cp that I get bored.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give me my damn cp!!! Or remove cp from pve too :p
  •  Kobiwan_shinobi
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Seems strange that if no CP PVP is now so wonderful, why have the non cp campaigns always been so empty?

A friend got me to try the BWB - non cp sub lvl50 campaign - when I was leveling my last character and that was fun. I then thought I'd try Azura's Star and found nothing but the sound of crickets and one faction holding all the resources and all 6 scrolls.

Azura star is pop locked at prime time on EU-PC Might want to gather facts before you post.

Peace out!
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good fun for sure in between disconnects lol Every campaign on pc/na was pop locked and had a queue of 169 for TF. At least there was no perma purges/healers :smile:
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that they will collect samples and do tests right? Or you think they just log in see with their bare eyes?

I have very little faith in zos, so, I don't know. I would expect them to go through all neccessary procedures that are involved with this sort of thing, but do I think they will? Not a clue. CP clearly, clearly, clearly doesn't have as big of an impact as what believed by most of the forums. I suspect that it doesn't have as big of an impact as ZoS suspected it did.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't understand this... I play non cp personally but people who don't are acting like this is the first time it's happened. Azuras is for no cp, go there if you wanna do No cp pvp
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many months have there been no cp campaigns across all platforms now?