The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS - FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME NOW!!!

letsdothedungeonslow
I am sick to the back teeth of the following problems, which in combination are making this game finally and truly unplayable. It's not like there haven't been serious problems before, and your customer service is appalling and never solves any of them anyway, but right now:-

1. Latency spikes regularly hit 4000+
2. Even when latency is showing low-ish (for this game, not by a global standard), say around 100ms, there are STILL the classic instances of invisible enemies killing me, or being teleported back to an earlier part of the dungeon
3. Regular disconnections (10 or so in a 3 hour play session)
4. Flickering grass (a new one this morning)
5. After login, having to wait 2 mins for the bankers to appear and other players to not be black outlines.

These are not limited to cities anymore, either. I was the only player in a Delve in Coldharbour at 1am this morning and all of the above (apart from the grass) was bothering me. I wanted to play on but there was really no point.

If you don't fix this, I am going to send you back my game and demand a refund, then just play something else. Really, I have never come across such severe problems with a computer game.

Some tips:-

- Do NOT try to fob me off. I am a seasoned consumer advocate.
- There is nothing wrong with my setup. It works fine on other games and applications. I hit the upper end of spec requirements
- My internet connection is the fastest one in California and all of my speed tests show a really strong and healthy line
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't fix this, I am going to send you back my game and demand a refund, then just play something else. Really, I have never come across such severe problems with a computer game.
    Nothing like threats to get results.

I'm sure they will get right on it.

Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »

I wouldn't consider that a "threat". Reading this thread it looks like OP is/was a loyal costumer loving this game, but simply sick of the treatment of players. I have moments myself when i want to pull my hair out with certain things never getting fixed or major lagg/disconnects that shouldn't be in a game after 3 years.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 23, 2017 6:44PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering you do live in the US I doubt you will ever see a refund. Now maybe if you were EU player since they have laws to protect consumers in certain situations.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally I agree...but it doesn't seem Zos responds to being nice either. OP's issues have been ongoing for some time now with no action from Zos. Cyrodiil is a train wreck. Any approach that gets them to fix the damn game is worth a shot.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only experience the problems listed here on my low end computer at work (when I'm not suppose to be playing :wink: )

I don't experience any of these problems on my gaming rig at home.

What is your set up? Maybe some improvements could be made. Do you meet the recommended requirements of the game?
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭

Yea zos doesn't do refunds. Pretty sure they don't care either. These are mostly issues stemming since lunch. As a matter of fact I remember someone saying a zos dev blamed some of I on us. At least in the PC players because not enough players where using the pts after patches and updates. Just what I heard though.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you pay for something you expect the best service to be given, and obviously it isn't.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will fix this

Cat-fixing-computer-engineer.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for ya, but there's no context here. I don't have these issues and don't really know of or see many people having this many issues or to that extent. Hope it gets resolved, from the limited info gleaned from the op, seems like an issue with his rig.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as crashes, I play for 4-9 hours at a time and crash at most once. Mostly never, so it not happening to everyone.

As far as "NPC black silhouettes", that was a implement to help with super long load screens. In short, we can be in game for 30-60secs able to run around while stuff renders in, or sit in a load screen for those 30-60 sec.
    Just my two septims.. :smiley:
    Huzzah!!

Also: In before lock! :hushed:
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick to the back teeth of the following problems, which in combination are making this game finally and truly unplayable. It's not like there haven't been serious problems before, and your customer service is appalling and never solves any of them anyway, but right now:-

2. Even when latency is showing low-ish (for this game, not by a global standard), say around 100ms, there are STILL the classic instances of invisible enemies killing me, or being teleported back to an earlier part of the dungeon
    5. After login, having to wait 2 mins for the bankers to appear and other players to not be black outlines.

These are not limited to cities anymore, either. I was the only player in a Delve in Coldharbour at 1am this morning and all of the above (apart from the grass) was bothering me. I wanted to play on but there was really no point.

- There is nothing wrong with my setup. It works fine on other games and applications. I hit the upper end of spec requirements
    - My internet connection is the fastest one in California and all of my speed tests show a really strong and healthy line

Holy entitlement. They won't owe you a refund if you have played over so many hours. Also most of the issues you mention do not effect me at all. Sure I get dced and lag from tone to time but never enough to master. I'm running a 300mbs connection and I'm in Cali. No lag or side of PvP and no DC or side of server Matinence. It could be your PC it's self, could have a hidden virus or corrupted file. Before making stupid threats to a company that could curb stomp you in court I recommend trying to eliminate all possible issues on your own end.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an AMD driver issue. Roll back your driver.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wenchmore420b14_ESO thanks for the explanation about the blacked out characters when starting in busy areas. The reasoning makes perfect sense and it is nice to know the 'why'. :)

For OP, sorry for your frustration. . . though I must confess I share almost none of the problems you report. I know you said your rig is fine, connection etc is all fine but I honestly don't know what else could cause you to have so much more trouble/reliability with the game than others. I don't do Cyrodiil or 'elite' group dungeons but I do PvE everywhere else and experience few problems.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While I can understand the frustration, I also live in California and experience NONE of these issues. I play 2-3 hours a night and MIGHT get booted once every 3-4 days.

I have never once been teleported back in a dungeon.
    I have never once in all the time that I have played been killed by an invisible enemy
    I have never seen flickering grass
    I have never waited more than 5-6 SECONDS for players and NPCs to load fully (Black Outlines)
    My ping stays steady at 100 ish (occasionally spiking - but rare) and my FPS stay at 50+ ALWAYS.

Not trying to "FOB you off" - but I'm not convinced it is 100% on their end.

• WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

These are the problems you have when a company uses one of the worst gaming engines ever created to make their game.

A lot of same issues in this game I've had in games using same engine. (No matter how much they modified it)
  • Baronh2o
    Baronh2o
    ✭✭✭

It's not their game when others don't experience the same problems
    1. My latency barely goes above 100
    2. See above. Definitely no rubber banding or invisible enemies.
    3. I MIGHT disconnect once to twice a month
    4. No flickering grass.
    5. I have to wait no more than 3 seconds for black outlines to disappear.

It sounds to me that you have video card problems and possibly a bad Ethernet adapter (or someone in your house is hogging your bandwidth). Look, I know your angry and I'm not trying to trigger you but seriously put your PC through an extensive and demanding bench marking program and see if you have any issues. If you do, graphics card is going...graphic cards can break even if they are new.
    Edited by Baronh2o on February 23, 2017 7:39PM
    "Not all who wander are lost." - Tolkien

• letsdothedungeonslow

I wouldn't consider that a "threat". Reading this thread it looks like OP is/was a loyal costumer loving this game, but simply sick of the treatment of players. I have moments myself when i want to pull my hair out with certain things never getting fixed or major lagg/disconnects that shouldn't be in a game after 3 years.

Exactly.
  • GoldenLight
    GoldenLight
    ✭✭✭
    Really not had the same problems but here is what i experience from when I play...

1. My latency barely goes above 100 as well. Did have the issue a while back but found out is was the Asus GameFirst III Software that was lowering the priority of ESO to low priority on the network. Once I removed that I had no issues.
    2. Not seen any rubber banding issues or invisible enemies, but have seen NPC that happened to be cursed to become "one with the floor" and only see their heads or half their bodies. I think that is a bug that could be fixed but not game breaking; just funny to see.
    3. After the issue in 1 was resolved by removing Asus GameFirst III I have not had any real issues with this.
    4. Did have flickering grass until I got the cooling on video card down to below 75 (Using Nvidia fan control to set better cooling for the card and make sure the fans were running on a more aggressive setting for cooling.)
    5. I have to wait no more than 3 seconds for black outlines to disappear.
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!"

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only experience the problems listed here on my low end computer at work (when I'm not suppose to be playing :wink: )

I don't experience any of these problems on my gaming rig at home.

What is your set up? Maybe some improvements could be made. Do you meet the recommended requirements of the game?
    Cyrodil has performance issues, has not been there since I returned so I don't know status now but as I understand its not changed.
    I pretty much an monster 980ti, i7 6 core @4Ghz, 32 GB ram, my only issue has been in Ardudin at prime time outside of long load times before last patch.
    Some lag with huge groups at dolmens with 100 people spaming AoE but that is expected.

Game should allow lower grapic settings in Cyrodil and yes its an issue that some set up graphic at an quite place and get problems then things get hectic. Set up graphic in Rawl'kwa or Alkir dolmens :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    Back on
  • letsdothedungeonslow
    There are a lot of very unimaginative and unhelpful people here that want to place the blame in my corner.

But...

- I can promise you I know what I'm doing from an IT perspective. I won't go into my qualifications, but trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
    - My rig more than meets the requirements, OK?
    - These problems became orders of magnitude worse after the update. That is not coincidence.
    - I'm not the only person experiencing these problems.
    - yes, there are those of you with lesser or no problems, but it is faulty logic to use this to suggest the problem is at my end. That is not how servers work.
    - I've tried working with ZOS's shockingly inept reps and they admit the problems exist but offer no solution.

TLDR: If you want to put your head in the sand and believe that there are no widespread issues at ZOS end for latency, etc, then that's up to you. This thread is not aimed at you anyway ;)
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of very unimaginative and unhelpful people here that want to place the blame in my corner.

But...

- I can promise you I know what I'm doing from an IT perspective. I won't go into my qualifications, but trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
    - These problems became orders of magnitude worse after the update. That is not coincidence.
    - yes, there are those of you with lesser or no problems, but it is faulty logic to use this to suggest the problem is at my end. That is not how servers work.
    - I've tried working with ZOS's shockingly inept reps and they admit the problems exist but offer no solution.

TLDR: If you want to put your head in the sand and believe that there are no widespread issues at ZOS end for latency, etc, then that's up to you. This thread is not aimed at you anyway ;)

Did you try doing the dungeon slow?
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP,

These are the problems you have when a company uses one of the worst gaming engines ever created to make their game.

A lot of same issues in this game I've had in games using same engine. (No matter how much they modified it)

If you're referring to the HERO Engine, ESO does not use it. ESO's engine is built from scratch. The HERO Engine was used during initial development while the in-house engine was being built.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭

But...

MMO's happen? I've never had to wait over an hour or two hours when I put in tickets, not sure why others don't get responded to as quickly. Mabye it's eso plus members secretly get booted to the front of the line. Their rep's are not the people who directly work on this game, they are customer support, so don't expect good technical help right off the bat. But yea man, MMOS happen, lots of games have these problems, and not everyone on those games have them either. Just be patient and don't be rude to reps because they may have been able to help more than they actually did.
    I'm a magsorc
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    OP,

If you're referring to the HERO Engine, ESO does not use it. ESO's engine is built from scratch. The HERO Engine was used during initial development while the in-house engine was being built.

Sure.

Even though the immense similarities between the engines right?

I think last quote I read from Firor was they modified it so much it was no longer the hero engine, but their own engine.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea zos doesn't do refunds. Pretty sure they don't care either. These are mostly issues stemming since lunch. As a matter of fact I remember someone saying a zos dev blamed some of I on us. At least in the PC players because not enough players where using the pts after patches and updates. Just what I heard though.

Well maybe it was something you ate, since the symptoms didn't appear until after you had lunch.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    GAME INFORMER: You licensed HeroEngine a long time ago. What role did the Hero Engine play in the development of ESO?

MATT FIROR: We started ZeniMax Online from scratch, with no employees and no technology. We had to build everything ourselves. It takes a long time to write game engines, especially MMO engines, which are inherently more complicated than typical single-player ones. So, we decided to license the HeroEngine to give us a headstart. It was a useful tool for us to use to prototype areas and game design concepts, and it provided us the ability to get art into the game that was visible, so we could work on the game’s art style. Our plan is for ESO to be a world class MMO, with the most advanced social features found in any MMO to date – so while we were prototyping the game on HeroEngine, we were simultaneously developing our own client, server, and messaging layer that were specifically designed with ESO in mind. Think of HeroEngine as a whiteboard for us – a great tool to get some ideas in the game and start looking at them while the production engine was in development.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/25/why-the-elder-scrolls-online-isn-39-t-using-heroengine.aspx

SWTOR is the one that uses a heavily modified HERO engine. And they made the thing even worse, butchered the *** outta that thing!

That being said, ESO's engine is definitely not that good. It needs a lot of love that I just don't see ZOS investing into. I'd be happy with just a DX12 client at this point.
    Edited by Greevir on February 23, 2017 9:25PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here here.
    we all love this game- why else would we spend so much time on it, talk about it, play it. it just gets overwhelmingly frustrating when in this day and age- when efficiency and stability are core values to any tech company or entertainment service- that ZoS have failed to deliver - CONSISTENTLY.

like others here I am a subscriber to multiple entertainment tech devices, from iTunes to Netflix, showtime, HBO, Facebook, hotmail, espn, nba.com and other games such as COD, 2ksports , easports, steam, etc- and many more I'm forgetting.

I HAVE NEVER had a technical or service issue with any of the above services. not one disconnect- not one maintenance, lag spike - NADA!.

and yet here we have zos- whom i pay more than most of them combined- given how much i spend on crap like costumes and crap, and yet i have to endure weekly maintenances, decreasing ping performance, etc.
    worst of all is that in the past 2 weeks i ve not been able to play because of EU performance to here in australia is soo bad (before it was 400- barely playable- to now 500- decidedly unplayable) that i havent been able to log into my EU account but to do my writs and feed horses.

now I m left with either starting a new account on the NA server- which i was told when i began would be the same. but is clearly superior ( though on the NA same issues persist- a better baseline ping- but far worse , unplayable spikes) . so here i am in purgatory, oblivion - I've asked for tech support- some kind of sign or help , that perhaps a server is coming in the future or better performance to existing servers- but all I've gotten is surveys.

I'm happy that most of you can play this game unhindered but for many its simply not the case- and simply not good enough- when every other global entertainment service we subscribe to - doe not discriminate in performance and stability like this game does.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MakoFore

Wouldn't it be nice if they utilized AWS so that you could have better service in Australia?